Countdown to our Disney Wedding :) a step by step report of planning our wedding

BJones82

Original Poster
Oh, another cool thing we setup is a registry through Disney for our honeymoon. If you ask people in the Disney Fairytail Weddings area of Disney they don't know about this but there is a site through a third party: http://disney.honeymoonwishes.com/ which you can setup a honeymoon registry for a Disney location :), you can setup things like hotel accommodations, romantic dinners, couple massages, or even things like tours or the dolphins experience(we are putting that on the registry lol) Ok that is it for this week!! It's really awesome and we prefer it because spending money on memories is way better than getting physical gifts for us :)

Last edited:

BJones82

Original Poster
Hey Everyone, quick update here though a big one.

We have our invitations out, we picked out our tuxes through Men's Wearhouse sense they will deliver to the hotels at WDW. Over the holiday weekend Old Navy had one of their sales on Flip Flops so we got about 30 of those in silver and purple for our guests during the reception. We have paid our deposit on the officiant so that is done :) And.... We have made our first real payment(not counting the deposit) to Disney for our wedding so 75% of that is now paid!! :) Our next items on our list are finishing payments on the wedding and honeymoon hotel rooms, purchase whatever we are using to hold the flip flops during the reception. We have decided to do a thumb print tree thing instead of a guest book, so we have to get that. And we are doing a time capsule box for the ceremony so we need to pick that our from Etsy and get that purchased. I honestly think we have made all the big decisions for the wedding now and we just need to relax and enjoy the next sub 90 days until our wedding :)

Oh another development is that we may be driving to Disney with a rental car, we get 20% off at Alamo with our APs and it may just be easier to drive down over night with everything we are bringing than trying to rely on flying down. We will see though :)

Anyway that is it for now :) I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend here in the U.S.A. :)

BJones82

Original Poster
Oh another thing we have decided to do the morning of the wedding is myself & my three groomsmen have appointments for the Art of Shaving in Disney Springs to get Royal Shaves for the wedding :) It sounds really awesome and we are all excited for that :) Ok that really is it now lol :)

phrog

I'm trying to convince the fiance to do a Disney wedding. He is the Disney lover. I recently went for the first time ever this year with him to star wars weekend. That was when he proposed. He is a planner just like you, he made me a power point presentation.

BJones82

Original Poster
Update!!!!

So lets get to it :) In 2 months from today I will be waking up in my pre-wedding room at Pop Century only 2 short days in WDW away from our big day!! So time's starting to go fast and there is still what seems like a lot to do. We are realizing the stress of a normal wedding in some ways is less with a WDW wedding but in other ways more. For example, planning the generals of the wedding was super easy as far as the cake, the colors, the flowers... all of that was done in one session and was fairly easy to do. However, the stress is far more with RSVPs and guests making hotel reservations. Right now we are in a almost $7000 swing between our worse case number of guests(max we invited and aren't absolutely sure aren't coming) and our expected number of 60 guests. And as many people know with weddings people don't always RSVP when requested, and our final count isn't due for a while so that is fine, but we don't get to truly know how much money we owe Disney until what is uncomfortably close to our wedding lol. Hotels are in a same boat in that we are responsible for any contracted nights which are not used by our guests and our last day to remove rooms from the block is this coming Tuesday. To exasperate this our wedding party was not aware (our fault we didn't think to tell them because we assumed they would just reserve their rooms lol) of the due date so they were not making their reservations. The majority of them have now though so for those of you just starting, be open with your wedding party about when they need to make their reservations... It is just better for everyone :)

Ok stress rant over(honestly the stress is not as bad as it seems from that paragraph lol). Something else we decided to do to help get info to people and keep the fact that people need to RSVP and get hotel rooms we made a Facebook group and invited everyone who was invited to the wedding to the group. We have setup events for all the necessary things people may need to be involved in and invited people so that is making life easy :) We also are coming up on the deadline for all the men wearing tuxes to be fitted and only the FOB needs to be fitted still, something unique about the delivery process with Men's Wearhouse to hotels is that people need to be fitted 2 months before the wedding and paid in full 30 days before the wedding. This does not include young ring bearers (ours are 4 & 6) they have until 30 days before the wedding to be fitted and payed in full.

On our list in the near future: Get a time capsule box for the ceremony, get our ring bearer pillow, the bible boy's bible, and the flower girl's baskets. We also need to pick out/purchase bins for the flip flops we are offering our guests at the reception. I also learned the hard way that men at the wedding may also want flip flops lol, so we will be getting some more in larger sizes possibly. Full disclosure my Fiancée kept asking me if we should get men flip flops and I said no, that is weird and I found out very publicly at an extended family gathering that I was wrong... So that is something we need to do at some point lol. We also need to finish paying for some things such as the officiant, the photo mingle, and the wedding itself.

We are also excited to have checked off our list buying our wedding bands :) I got a tungsten band(I am a computer programmer so I am not worried about it breaking) and my Fiancée got a really nice 3/4 eternity band that can stand alone which is good because she rips 5-10 pairs of gloves a day at work with her engagement ring lol. We also have done some other things that at slipping my mind lol...

Anyway I will give another update soon hopefully, sorry it has been a few months but it has been a very busy few months :)

BJones82

Original Poster
Hey Everyone :) We are getting so so close, 5 weeks from Sunday this week!!! :)

So we have some updates :) We have our almost final guest count of 45 guests :) A long cry from the 60-90 we were expecting but I am honestly happy with the number, it just means we wont be worried when we are paying for our honeymoon :) My Fiancée has just been fitted for her dress and the tux deliveries are all setup through Men's Warehouse :) We had a changeup in our groomsmen but luckily my friend was already coming to the wedding and he was a close 4th for being a groomsmen so it all worked out :) Our wedding party is all booked and has their traveling plans figured out :) We have decided to change things up a bit in a few places with flowers and minor things like that but over all we have been lucky enough to be able to keep pretty much everything the way we planned it with our wedding coordinator so that is really awesome :)

One thing we would love some advice on is up-lighting at the Grand Floridian convention. We right now are doing purple up lighting but we are worried it will wash out the room as we have never been to a wedding with it before. Anyone who has experience with this willing to give their 2c would be greatly appreciated as pictures just don't work with up-lighting lol...

This coming week we are finishing paying for my 2nd tux(which btw if you are getting a second tux through Men's Warehouse for a photo session at the Magic Kingdom they give you 50% off that tux!! So be sure to take advantage of that if they don't immediately give it to you), our 2nd half of photo mingle, and our last big payment to Disney for the wedding so that is awesome to know that will be off our shoulders so we can do things like plan table names and seating lol...

One big change we have made is that we are not going to ship the wedding dress. Our Matron of Honor is driving down and will be there Friday so she is being awesome and bringing all the stuff we need to bring down so we can fly there instead of drive... Talk about a life saver because I was not looking forward to that drive all night Thursday 3 days before our wedding lol... Though we are still having Carolyn Allen's come to my Fiancée's room the morning of the wedding to steam the dresses which need it :)

We have also setup the hair and makeup finally(and confirmed) through the Grand Floridian Spa so that is exciting... And expensive lol... We are splitting the cost with the bridesmaids because of how much it is lol... But at least the over all wedding is cheaper than we were thinking so it doesn't force us to drop anything we want :)

We also have made a lot of progress in buying the little things, we have the ring bearer's pillow(actually a rose but anyway), we have the guest thumb print tree, we have the time capsule box for the ceremony. We still have some small things to buy like the flower girl baskets and what not but still :) we are getting down to almost nothing left to buy lol...

Coming up on our wedding 2do list is: design and order programs, order a sand kit for the ceremony. Name our tables at the wedding(we only will have 4 so that will make it easier lol), do a seating chart, and start planning our photos we want for the photographer so we are set that way.

That's it for now, I will probably post another update in a few weeks and then right before the wedding!! This is almost over!! If anyone has questions from my about this process please ask, I know I am probably missing a lot of information, but I hope this has been some what helpful :)

Last edited:

BJones82

Original Poster
So I have a minor update today:

1: 30 Days from today we will be flying out lol :) So that is exciting

2: As I believe I have expressed in earlier posts, we have been concerned with our choice for the vegetarian option for our reception dinner. We contacted our wedding coordinator and she has been awesome enough to setup a second tasting for us the Friday before the wedding so we can iron out any issues with the white bean ravioli :) So that is super awesome and exciting :)

3: We had some bad luck in the last few weeks... About a month ago our 2005 Dodge Neon crapped out finally after 140k miles on it and it was my Fiancée's dream to get a late model Prius which we did, we found that there was body damage when we bought it which ended up causing more damage underneath the car and the bumper to be replaced. We had photographic evidence and the dealer is taking care of this damage currently and gave us a loner car... This is where things really suck... My Fiancée was at a spa trying some things out for before the wedding... And some jackhole keyed the loner car.... And the horrible thing is any month Except the next two we can afford a high deductible so our insurance is stupidly setup with a high deductible lol.... So now we have to pay to get the loner car fixed while we are also making our final purchases/payments for the wedding lol... Just bad luck and I hope the, most likely kid, who did this finds a better path in life :(

Anyway, nothing else major to report, we have a few phone calls coming up; one with our wedding coordinator and one with our photographer so that is getting exciting :) Nothing else really to report other than we are getting really excited for the end of the month!! Gah!! It's so so close lol...

Thanks for following along, I will try to keep weekly updates going as we get into the home stretch :)

BJones82

Original Poster
Hey Everyone!!!

A lot has happened in the land of planning a Disney Wishes Wedding the past few weeks so it's time for an update :)

A quick follow up to what happened with our car/the loaner car: the dealer covered everything and didn't charge us a dime for the loaner car or for our car!! So if you're in SW Michigan or NW Indiana and are thinking about buying a car go see Missy at Gate's Toyota in South Bend :) They are all about building and maintaining customer relationships :)

anyway... back to the wedding, as I mentioned before we had a call with our wedding coordinator to finalize all our entertainment, food, and event space decisions; which btw, I don't think I've said this but our coordinator is Jamie and she is amazing lol. So we now are locked into the event locations, our food choices, and we have all of our decisions as far as DJ, transportation, and other misc choices. We have a time and location for our rehearsal now as well which is actually awesome because since it is at the Wedding Pavilion we don't have to drop off the items we are bringing for the ceremony and reception until our rehearsal instead of by 4pm on Friday which is huge for our Matron of Honor because she is driving everything down for us :) Our photographer, Amanda, seems really fun and I am sure will do a great job of capturing our day and at the Magic Kingdom a week later so that is exciting.

We added a few last minute things to the wedding, we for some reason beyond either of our logical brains have decided to add the white 1930's Rolls Royce as transportation as well as the Limo we already had. This will be awesome but was hard to understand completely why we did it because it has a 3 hour minimum and we only are using it for about 30 minutes... Not sure why but despite the cost and the fact we would only use it for 30 minutes we decided to have it lol... My father and I might take a ride around Disney in it while my Fiancée is having her pictures taken at the Grand Floridian just so we can get some more use out of it lol...

We also added a "False first look with letters" So this is fun, at the Grand Floridian we will stand one of us at the back of the grand stair case and the other kind of to the side so we wont actually see each other but we will be able to say hi and give each other a letter and read it there. It should be a fun photo and just a fun romantic way to share letters before the ceremony... Now I just need to write a letter.... This wouldn't be hard on its own but as I said in a previous post, there are surprises that day for my Fiancée that make it a little tougher lol... :) I will be sure after the wedding & honeymoon to give more information on what surprises I did the night before, the day of, and the night of the wedding :)

So after these changes our wedding coordinator was a little busy, I guess this is their busiest time of the year... So they pushed back our final payment to today because they had to get us an updated cost with our new guest count of 45 and the additions.

We also have made a decision on flowers at the ceremony. So we were wavering on the chiffon covered pedestals at the ceremony, we just didn't like how they looked in pictures... We did however like how candelabras going up the isle looked and we looked into the cost of that and.... Not happening lol... We do have limits, it basically was the cost of all the hotel nights of our honeymoon lol... But what we have decided is to take out the chiffon pedestals and the tulle that was going down the isle and simplify it all with just the 22 floating candles, extra purple and white rose petals, and the isle runner. We figure based on pictures and being there for visits a few times that having people at the front with the windows and the night time lighting from MNSSHP in the background will be perfect for the ceremony decorations, then we will have something different for the head table at the reception :)

I think... those are the major updates for the wedding....

Some random updates that are going on just because of the wedding has to do with me packing and moving everything to my Fiancée's house, that is going well. Most of my stuff is being donated because we don't need it and most of it is hand me down stuff that will be great for a needy home, so we are giving it all to a charity organization which works through our church to get it to families who need it... This past weekend I emptied out my kitchen and also gave them my home theater stereo (it was just way to big and bulky). This next weekend I am clearing out my office and bathroom. After this weekend I am booked with a bachelor party next weekend in Wisconsin(my home state) and the following weekend we have a UHaul for 1 afternoon to get my bed and other big things out of my house and then we are going to Wisconsin again to drop our dogs off with my parents for a month :/ That will be sad and hard lol...

Well other than that there are no other updates I can think of. In the next few weeks we will basically be paying for things. The only 3 decisions we have left are finalizing the ceremony flowers, picking and buying ceremony programs, and then we have to pick and buy a sand ceremony set, we are leaning towards a shadow box set we think :).

Only 21 days from this Sunday till our big day!!!

Last edited:

BJones82

Original Poster
Thanks for keeping us updated. As someone looking at potentially getting married at WDW these posts have been extremely interesting.

I was doing it for just that reason, when we started thinking about doing this I couldn't find a lot of information about the process so I thought I would put it out there for others to see in the future :) I will say over all it has been a blast planning it and has been relatively easy :)

BJones82

Original Poster
Hey Everyone,

It's update Friday lol... So lets get to it, I will probably only have 1 more update after this one since we will be traveling to Florida in less than 2 weeks to start our wedding and honeymoon :)

I left you last Friday with us making our last payment to Disney for the wedding and finalizing most of the decisions with them. In the past week even though it seems like we have done a lot when I go through it we really haven't lol... We finally sent in a signed copy of our BEO, Floral Proposal, room diagram, and Cost Estimate for the wedding. We are now locked in on all entertainment choices, Floral choices(as of today), transportation, and as of today our Menu is locked in as well. We don't have any other deadlines coming up except a guest count being locked in a few days before the wedding. This past week has also brought the seating chart to the front of our To Do list because it is due, well, today really lol... So I think we have that locked down to send to Disney now as well so that is another thing off the list :)

Last week I said my soon to be wife :))) had her final fitting for her dress, this turned out to be not true lol, she forgot to bring her heals to the fitting so she has to go in next week one last time to verify the alterations are all good still :) On our must do list this coming week there are a few big items: photography document filled out so they know what we want, our DJ document about what music to play and all that good stuff, and finally paying for our honeymoon hotel rooms. We also need to finish paying for our photo Mingle this next week, and pay for our Dog's kenneling for the week my parents aren't able to watch them. Another very important thing is we need to get our bridal party gifts still, so that is high up on the list too.

This past week we ended up getting all of out photo props for the photo mingle booth too so that is exciting, we decided on a picture frame we liked for our sand ceremony as well as sand though we found out we need to get more sand lol... We also got a lot of misc things off Etsy for the wedding: bridesmaids robes, little gem mickeys that will go in our flower girls hair, and a few other things (mainly photo props... I think we ended up spending $130 on photo props... It was not the right fight to pick lol...)

Oh, yesterday I experienced getting my eyebrows waxed... that was.... fun.... But it is done now so I can move on :)

It's really hard to believe everything is so close to happening, it just seems like planning this wedding and waiting for it to finally happen has been such a big part of our lives over this past year that it's just hard to believe it is almost over lol. I mean, next week I am getting my hair cut for the last time before the wedding, I only have 1 full week of work before I fly to Orlando. I am starting to see a weather forecast for our trips because it is within the 2 week window of when they start guessing :p It is all just getting to be so real and exciting... I am surprised that I am in no way nervous, or having cold feet, or second thoughts. I have never been so sure of something in my life.

So as I come to the end of this journey and begin a life with my soon to be wife(it's more fun to say that than Fiancée lol) if I had to give anyone that is about to start planning their Disney Wedding one piece of advice it would be this: enjoy it, they really do make it easy and this will only happen once... And take lots of pictures during the year or so that you are planning the wedding... it's really fun to have them to look back on, we have pictures from our many long nights of assembling and creating our invitations that will always bring a smile to my face.

Anyway that is it for this week, my next update will probably just be me ending this thread, which also feels weird because I have been writing in this for what seems like forever lol...

Hope you all have a great week and again, thank you for following :)

P.S. I had my first pumpkin spice coffee this morning :) it is Fall :)

phrog

Can't wait to see pictures of how everything turns out, after reading this thread I feel like a part of the wedding.

BJones82

Original Poster
Keep this going I love hearing about the progress! I expect photos once your big day happens. I'd love to get married at Disney world or land by sadly I need to find a guy first and one who is willing to travel across the world to do it.... Lol

Love the posts! Just started planning our wedding...dealing with the menus...very tedious!! Please let us know what you liked at the tasting and pictures would be so awesome!!! Good luck!!

Can't wait to see pictures of how everything turns out, after reading this thread I feel like a part of the wedding.

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know, my Fiancée stumbled across this because I guess she didn't know I was doing it so I brought it up and she went out that night and found it which is impressive because she doesn't go to Disney fan sites like we do lol... So anyway she thought this is awesome and I wanted to wait to say we would post pictures but I have her approval now so after we get back from the honeymoon I will be posting pictures here and at the trip report :) I will do another (and the final) update this Friday so until then,

Have a great day!!

BJones82

Original Poster
Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the delayed final update, it was a crazy weekend for us and work has been extra crazy because I am about to take two weeks off so I am rushing to get some software I am working on into testing with a few key users before I leave.

Anyway What has happened... Everything lol... jk so we filled out and sent in all the documents to the DJ, photographer, and photo mingle and also got all the social media stuff setup for the latter. We are still waiting on a few things to be delivered... somethings are taking really long and wont be to the post office until the afternoon of the day we leave for Disney so talk about cutting it close... My Fiancée's dress is being a pain lol... Last week she went in for 2 fittings and it still has to be adjusted(it is way to tall she was still tripping when walking with it, stepping on the inside of it) so today our Matron of Honor and MOTB went to pick it up for us because we both work today and it still isn't ready... So that drama is unfolding, it is extra drama for 2 reasons, 1: it is less than 2 days before our flight (Thursday afternoon), 2: as I have said before, out Matron of Honor is driving it to Disney, well as of today they closed on selling their house so they don't have a place to live until after the wedding... That is fine they are just getting a hotel offsite in WDW for a few extra days before the wedding, they have two young kids(our ring bearers) and it is cheaper to get a hotel down there lol... Well now that they have no place to stay, and the dress isn't ready it is delaying their ability to leave and get to Disney and just be able to relax. She is taking it amazingly though, we have said this a lot to her lately but I will put it out here if she finds this... she has been an angel this past week and this week. Without her we would not be as ready as we are and many things would be a lot more stressful than they were (more to come on that later). So hopefully the dress will be ready soon, and when my Fiancée tries it on this evening it will fit and be perfect lol :)

So aside from that, we moved all of my stuff from my house to my Fiancée's house this weekend (it was only one 10' Uhaul load :)) and thanks to our Matron of Honor and her husband we were moved in about 1 hour lol... very quick... And this was an amazing thing because they had just a few days before (or maybe a week at the most) moved all of their stuff out of their house (a 26' Uhaul) and into the garage at their new house(they don't own it yet because the current owner is being slow due to him being in England but he reluctantly let them put their stuff in the garage because he refused to sign a month by month rental agreement with them despite his house being vacant for multiple months...)anyway so they just did that without even telling us really (we knew they were moving they just didn't tell us the exact day until after they already did it) so it was amazing that they helped us.

So we moved everything Sunday morning and after that drove 5 hours to central Wisconsin to drop our dogs off at my parents house for the next month :( and then drove 5 hours back so we could both work at 6 am Monday lol... So while we were at work Monday our Matron of Honor yet again blew our mind lol... My Fiancée was having a long day at the hospital(I think around 14 hours) so I stopped by to give her dinner for us to find out our Matron of Honor had spent all afternoon at my Fiancée's house doing our laundry and cleaning for the trip!! This was our biggest stress, I mean who wants to come home to a pile of laundry lol... So thanks to her it's all just easier...

We now have paid for our hotel rooms (well all except 1, I will be calling to make that payment tomorrow, my bank just isn't too pro me spending $5000 on hotels in 1 sitting lol), we've paid for our dog kenneling for the week of the wedding. We have everything packed and ready for out Matron of Honor to take down to Disney for the wedding. We have out dinner reservations set. I think we are pretty much ready to go. I need to move one more misc load from my house to her's tonight and tomorrow night I will be sleeping on her couch so she can drive me to work. We are leaving her car at my office for the honeymoon instead of paying for airport parking, and my boss is giving us a ride to the airport :)

So next on our list... A final menu tasting Friday morning with us, our wedding coordinator, and our Matron of Honor. We need to get our marriage license on Friday... And that is it, after that we just get to enjoy the wedding and honeymoon :) Oh, we are also getting tables in wonderland Friday because it just is worth it with how long we will be in Disney (18 days for those who haven't noticed :) )

My final thoughts:

I am lucky in that I am able to see 2 other couples planning weddings pretty much side by side with ours so I can somewhat compare the processes, my cousin got married last weekend and a coworker is getting married in December. The benefits of getting married in Disney are amazing, I am sure it is similar to hiring a wedding coordinator anywhere but it just makes life easy. They think of everything from things as big as what time you are getting married to things as small as the time the limo will pick up x person from x location, or even who will be responsible for taking items from the reception to their hotel room so the bride and groom don't worry about it. They helped with everything from invitation ideas (though the people they recommend are crazy expensive, talking around 15-20 an ivitation), officiants, bridal gown shipping/tuxes, even the special surprises I have setup for my Fiancée. It took a lot of the edge off though it comes with a price, and that price is steep, though for us it is worth it. We are blessed in that we will come out of this wedding together, without debt, and with memories that will last a lifetime, and we can't wait to go to WDW with our kids 10 years from now and say, "See that, that is where Mommy & Daddy got married." or, "That is where Daddy proposed to Mommy." So for us it is worth it.

As you can tell from my posts, the first 6-8 months of the wedding planning are fairly laid back with Disney then everything comes up at once so even though things are due in those 6-8 months you have to plan your time then. Do everything you can early so it doesn't come down to you paying double the price for shipping on programs like we did... Don't get me wrong I love our programs lol... just the shipping was 2/3 the cost of the programs lol and that is completely my fault. My Fiancée wanted to get them in June and I just kept pushing them off... then was like, wait... we only have 5 days to order them, approve the proofs, and get them shipped to us... &#*% lol... Over all though this has not been that stressful, and the joy of planning the wedding greatly out-ways the stress (even though I had more than 1 stress rant in this thread lol)...

Alright, that is it for this topic for me, thanks again for following along with me while we went through planning this wedding. I look forward to looking back on these posts in the future to remember this time... That is another thought, in some way document planning your wedding... It all is so crazy and goes so fast, having these posts will be great for me and I would recommend it to anyone who asks :) Feel free to keep an eye open for my trip report which should start a week or two after we get back from our honeymoon in the end of October :)

If you can't tell I am having trouble ending this thread lol... it in some ways is making this wedding so real... I have been having trouble believing it is real at times, like I try to picture my soon to be wife walking down the isle and I can't, it just seems to good to be true. And ending this thread which has been a big part of my thinking things through in this process just feels... hard lol.... Anyway... Here it goes:

Thanks again, And I hope everyone following has a great day, and thank you so much for reading, seeing how many people have read this... really just my posts... is crazy and I am humbled by it. If you had told me almost 6000 people would read this thread in the year I was writing to it I would have never believed you. Please feel free to ask questions if you have any :)

Last edited:

Sweet Melissa

Yay, you're in the home stretch! I'm looking forward to your report back after the wedding and honeymoon.

Some stray observations:

I'm currently subscribed to this thread and receive alerts when you update here, so I hope that for all of us following along, you will post a link to your trip report here once you start it.

Your matron of honor is worth her weight in gold. What a wonderful friend!

My wedding dress took multiple "final fittings" too, and my seamstress had similar deadline issues. Please tell your fiancée, from one Disney bride to another, not to accept less than ideal quality work just because you're pressed for time. Even if it takes her camping out at the dress shop until it's finished, she should get exactly what she wants. I regret that I let some little things go because my seamstress was behind schedule. I loved my dress and felt good on the day, but some small flaws are apparent in the photos.

BJones82

Original Poster
I'm currently subscribed to this thread and receive alerts when you update here, so I hope that for all of us following along, you will post a link to your trip report here once you start it.

I will be sure to post it here :)

Your matron of honor is worth her weight in gold. What a wonderful friend!

We really are lucky, we don't know what we would have done without her!!

My wedding dress took multiple "final fittings" too, and my seamstress had similar deadline issues. Please tell your fiancée, from one Disney bride to another, not to accept less than ideal quality work just because you're pressed for time. Even if it takes her camping out at the dress shop until it's finished, she should get exactly what she wants. I regret that I let some little things go because my seamstress was behind schedule. I loved my dress and felt good on the day, but some small flaws are apparent in the photos.

I will pass this along!! It's funny because with her heals my Fiancée is about 6' even and she is still tripping on the inside of the dress lol, I realize they are making them for tall people too because it is easier to shorten them than add height to them but my goodness lol, how tall are they making these dresses :)

phrog

I will pass this along!! It's funny because with her heals my Fiancée is about 6' even and she is still tripping on the inside of the dress lol, I realize they are making them for tall people too because it is easier to shorten them than add height to them but my goodness lol, how tall are they making these dresses :)

I am 6 foot tall barefoot and was so excited to find a dress that I didn't need to add extra length to. One up for the fashion industry. Now if they could just figure out that bridesmaids are not all 20 years old and a size 8 that would be great.

BJones82

Original Poster
Hey Everyone!!!

We just got back from our wedding and honeymoon yesterday and I am going to start on my trip report as soon as I can :) We have some tedious things to take care of like finishing moving my stuff into her house (it's all there just need to move it all from the kitchen lol...) and we have to work on thank you cards.

I will say the first 4 days after our wedding was an amazing vacation and the following 10 days were an amazing honeymoon.

I look forward to sharing our story with you all!! Keep your eyes open for the trip report :)

cdeev8690

I'm late on this but I definitely enjoyed reading. A family friend got married at the parks around the same time you did! Although I'm not sure I would have a Disney Wedding, I still love looking at all of the pictures from those events. They look so beautiful and whimsical. I like that they're not all the stereotypical "Princess Fairytale" theme and some are a little modern. I'm excited to see your photos and gush over them! I hope you both are enjoying married life!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom