Holiday Entertainment Announced for 2015 Christmas Season

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
World of Color - Winter Dreams returns and will play alongside Celebrate nightly. Olaf's Snow Fest returns to Stage 17, Believe takes the year off, Santa moves to Critter Country.

From the Disney Parks Blog here:

Holidays at the Disneyland Resort begins November 13, and today I’m excited to share details on what this dazzling holiday season will bring to Disneyland park, Disney California Adventure park and the Downtown Disney District.

At Disneyland park, “A Christmas Fantasy” parade returns, showing daily along with the new “Paint the Night” parade each night. “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade” will return in January after the holiday season ends. Each night, the all-new “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular will light up the park as we continue the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration; “Believe … in Holiday Magic” fireworks will not be presented this year.

World of Color – Celebrate!” continues throughout the season at Disney California Adventure park, along with “World of Color – Winter Dreams.”

Be sure to check the calendar page of Disneyland.com for details on daily times for all shows and spectaculars.

Also at Disneyland park, Santa Claus will greet guests at a new location in Critter Country. When he visits Disney California Adventure park, Santa can be found at Elias & Co. on Buena Vista Street.

Here’s a look at this year’s returning favorites during Holidays at the Disneyland Resort:

Disneyland Park

Disney California Adventure Park

• Disney ¡Viva Navidad!
  • Holiday decor in Cars Land, “a bug’s land” and Buena Vista Street
  • Olaf’s Snow Fest
  • Buena Vista Street Community Choir
Downtown Disney District

• Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink
Join us for Holidays at the Disneyland Resort, November 13 through January 6, 2016!

TP2000

Santa moving to Critter Country tells me that the Big Thunder Ranch won't be usable by November. Star Wars Land demolition is moving in fast! And it appears the modest Halloween decorations they put up there this month is the last seasonal offering they will ever do before the bulldozers move in later this fall.

I love that Viva Navidad! is back for another year; that's my favorite Christmas show of recent years, and I like it better than Believe or anything they've done in Disneyland recently with lights and twinkly effects on the Castle.

TP2000

Wait, I just caught that they will be doing two different World of Color shows each night. How is that gonna work??? Those poor kids trying to give out Fastpasses to the show people want, etc., etc.

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
Wait, I just caught that they will be doing two different World of Color shows each night. How is that gonna work??? Those poor kids trying to give out Fastpasses to the show people want, etc., etc.

Not sure. I'd imagine they'll do two shows each night, one Celebrate and one WD. They'll need to have dedicated FP machines for each show.

jrhwdw

I would too, or at least have them completely overhauled from top to bottom.
Believe was overhauled Pyro wise after the 50th, might that happen again? I hate to admit it but I miss the finales before the 50th.

Just a Question going forward since Forever doesn't use them: will the RDCT launch sites be used again in shows?

Anyone know if TDA is leaning toward 2013 Winter Dreams, 2014 Winter Dreams, maybe even 2015 Winter Dreams??? Would be nice to see DL's past Christmas Parades/Shows/old clips of Believe in Winter Dreams since its DL's Diamond year!

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
Believe was overhauled Pyro wise after the 50th, might that happen again? I hate to admit it but I miss the finales before the 50th.

I mean, it might? If it did that wouldn't be until Christmas 2016 and we're just now getting details on Christmas 2015.

Just a Question going forward since Forever doesn't use them: will the RDCT launch sites be used again in shows?

This is another one of those no-one-can-possibly-know questions.

Anyone know if TDA is leaning toward 2013 Winter Dreams, 2014 Winter Dreams, maybe even 2015 Winter Dreams??? Would be nice to see DL's past Christmas Parades/Shows/old clips of Believe in Winter Dreams since its DL's Diamond year!

You should expect Winter Dreams 2014: Mandated Frozen Content to return.

Twilight_Roxas

As for Believe why not a mix of both Christmas theme shorts, and films along with Disneyland's Christmas parades/shows along with a tribute to Luminia?

prberk

Santa moving to Critter Country tells me that the Big Thunder Ranch won't be usable by November. Star Wars Land demolition is moving in fast! And it appears the modest Halloween decorations they put up there this month is the last seasonal offering they will ever do before the bulldozers move in later this fall.

I love that Viva Navidad! is back for another year; that's my favorite Christmas show of recent years, and I like it better than Believe or anything they've done in Disneyland recently with lights and twinkly effects on the Castle.

I got to experience Big Thunder Ranch's dinner and show this year when I came out for the Expo. So glad I did, and so wish that it was not going away. It was so humble and nice. The singers were great, and they interacted so well with the audience.

I can imagine it has a nice Christmas edition.

Also they told me that they were where the "pardoned" White House Thanksgiving turkeys used to come, and that they had one in the back that was in retirement from exhibition even there. Without their backstage real animal care area behind it, an article has said, the Main Street horses will have to be loaded up every day and taken offsite. How sad and unnecessary. Just keep the ranch and let Star Wars spill over into the insipid Mickey's Toontown. The ranch is something still needed and interactive, and in stark contrast to so many other over-the-top attractions.

Twilight_Roxas

As long as DCA puts the opening song back in, I'll be happy.
True about that because the ending song felt lonely without the opening song although they would have to remove the animation montage of Believe since it uses the fairies from Fantasia. Along with the Christmas song that show the opening scenes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom