Grand Floridian or Polynesian Resort

JonFromPhilly

Original Poster
Planning a WDW trip for Summer 2016 and I'm torn between staying at Polynesian Resort or Grand Floridian. Anyone who has stayed at both or one, any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

HauntedMansionFLA

I was thinking the same topic for next November after Thanksgiving. The Osborne Lights going away after this year has been thinking of an resort on the monorail loop instead the Beach Club. @Tuvalu can give you very helpful information about these two resorts.

HauntedMansionFLA

I've stayed at both, GF is amazing can't deny that. Poly is amazing as well. MY preference though is the Poly, I just enjoyed the overall experience there a lot more.
Transportation to the other three parks from the Poly? Good, average or Poor? Also, do they post the times the busses are going to pick you up. I heard Deluxe resorts had these posted now to let you know where the bus is in route.

JonFromPhilly

Original Poster
I was thinking the same topic for next November after Thanksgiving. The Osborne Lights going away after this year has been thinking of an resort on the monorail loop instead the Beach Club. @Tuvalu can give you very helpful information about these two resorts.

We stayed at Yacht club last year and considered doing Beach Club this time around since they recently renovated all the rooms but I think we want a change of scenery.

JonFromPhilly

Original Poster
I've stayed at both, GF is amazing can't deny that. Poly is amazing as well. MY preference though is the Poly, I just enjoyed the overall experience there a lot more.

Thank you! I'm leaning more towards Poly right now but I've heard great things about both. Surprisingly the rates are almost identical for our dates.

JasonDeyoung

Transportation to the other three parks from the Poly? Good, average or Poor? Also, do they post the times the busses are going to pick you up. I heard Deluxe resorts had these posted now to let you know where the bus is in route.
The buses shared with Poly, GF & WL when I stayed at them. You also have the boat to MK which is nice and then obviously the monorail to MK or TTC I take to Epcot. Never had any real issues when I used them. As for the posted times I know the Contemporary does and I want to say he GF does but can't remember. Poly didn't when I was there but maybe they do now but I haven't heard they do.

Mickey5150

Dining options don't really matter because of how close the 2 are. Walk or boat from GF to Poly, walk or monorail from Poly to GF. That being said, there are more restaurants at the GF but Kona Cafe is my favorite place for breakfast on this entire planet.

zurgandfriend

We have stayed at both, we just stayed at the GF a couple of weeks ago and loved it. The last time we stayed at the Poly, a few years ago, we could see it really needed some TLC, which it is getting. After the dust clears we will stay there again. Either one is a great resort.

MrDee

Have stayed at both, with a stellar visit to Grand Floridian. The Polynesian was excellent, but we were treated to an unbelievable upgrade at the Grand Floridian that will probably never be equalled.

You asked about Restaurants...sad to say, I've never eaten at a Polynesian establishment, BUT I've eaten at Narcoosee's, Citrico's, and the Cafe. ALL have been very good, especially Narcoossee's...I adore their almond encrusted cheesecake....totally!

Staying within "the ring"... Which is my term for the Magic Kingdom Resorts, MY preference is The Grand Floridian. It better suits my style, and my taste. That's all.

DisneyJunkie

Polynesian, by far. Although GF looks beautiful on the outside, it has more of a sterile, non-welcoming feel to it on the inside. It also gives off a false appearance of being nicer or classier, and it really isn't. The facade of it being that way is there, but on closer inspection, it doesn't measure up. The Poly, on the other hand, feels like a very warm, relaxing, and fun resort. Both have their perks of being on the monorail line and in the best area (MK area) of all of WDW......but I'd definitely go with the Poly over GF.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom