DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

flyerjab

Yet not a single permit has been pulled and with the lights management is ensuring that the show can never be resurrected

So once again WDW is cutting things with no replacement. The lights were a driver for our annual Christmas trip as I'm sure they were for many other families we will be there this year to see them off. Next year perhaps a new holiday destination

Things are ramping up. Things are being accelerated.

Things are going to happen sooner than originally planned and more will happen at the same time. Hence changes we're starting to see.

In this comparison, I choose to latch on to the latter of the two posters - someone in the know vs. someone that has no idea.

And I am going to highlight this post again -So once again WDW is cutting things with no replacement. I guess I could ask if you have been to DAK lately. All that they have been doing is adding and refurbing. And although many do not consider it a destination for their Disney trip (an opinion that I am totally at odds with), DTD to DS transformation is huge. And oh yes, they actually are being built.

As far as what is happening to DHS, well, I have learned to fully believe what @marni1971, @articos, @Lee, @PhotoDave219 and others with proven track records are saying. Additions and changes are coming, and now at a more accelerated pace.

@ford91exploder, I always like when you rear your opinion as I get a kick out of it. But as time progresses, and expansions and plussed-up refurbs happen across the entirety of the resort, your narrative of what is reality is slowing decaying into nothing but a vapid and hollow remonstrance that maybe meant something 10 years ago. I think you need a new tune. But, to quote Shakespeare, you appear to be as constant as the northern star. Maybe you are the balance to everything positive here. And maybe that is why I enjoy your rather homogeneous negativity.

mm52200

I hate to quote lil Joey Stalin here.... But you can't make an omelet without breaking eggs.

Disney will have to sacrifice things to for the greater good.
But did they have to though? There's no reason that One Man's Dream HAS to be closed so they can build a new walkway to TSL when one already exists just around the corner by TSM. There's no reason Mulch Sweat and Shears HAS to be closed, they are mobile. There was no reason that the Star Wars Launch Bay HAD to go into the Animation building when there were plenty of other available spaces. I guess I just get confused at this expansion/makeover because it's involving the closing of many attractions that are still popular and would help flesh out the park in the long run. I would think a DHS with SWL, TSL, AND things like Animation, One Man's Dream, Muppet Vision, Indy, would be a really great park. But alas.

zooey

So what's a realistic date for toy story to open? Late 2017?
Also I'm not entirely clear why Osborne or SoA are being affected? I thought most SWL placement didn't touch that area.

Haymarket2008

So what's a realistic date for toy story to open? Late 2017?
Also I'm not entirely clear why Osborne or SoA are being affected? I thought most SWL placement didn't touch that area.

Toy Story has a predicted mid to late 2017 opening. And SoA/Osborne are going because unannounced projects are taking its place.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
But did they have to though? There's no reason that One Man's Dream HAS to be closed so they can build a new walkway to TSL when one already exists just around the corner by TSM. There's no reason Mulch Sweat and Shears HAS to be closed, they are mobile. There was no reason that the Star Wars Launch Bay HAD to go into the Animation building when there were plenty of other available spaces. I guess I just get confused at this expansion/makeover because it's involving the closing of many attractions that are still popular and would help flesh out the park in the long run. I would think a DHS with SWL, TSL, AND things like Animation, One Man's Dream, Muppet Vision, Indy, would be a really great park. But alas.

ThemeParkCancer.jpg

Pedro Soto

Totally agree Muppets can be moved to another location with a new attraction, if its in the way move it/ improve it there is alot of open space as they are building a new show theatre between ToT & Rocking Rollercoater

jeswins

Could Disney have been hinting at the theme of phase 3 in their statement about the Osborne Lights going away? Maybe it will be themed to the Incredibles.
"In order to prepare for some incredible experiences coming to the park, including the recently announced Toy Story Land and a Star Wars-themed land, we will not be able to present The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights in the future."

Pedro Soto

Now Incredibles would be super awesome, I was thinking Monsters Inc land but this sounds just as good as much as I would love Cars Land coming to WDW I think it should stay unique to Disneyland & add another unique land (finding nemo ) so I can plan my families first west coast trip :)

ToTBellHop

This is the updated timeline that I heard. Take it with a teaspoon of salt since it's from a friend who spoke with an "insider" (at least I'm being open).

Toy Story Land Fall 2017 (AVATAR Spring 2017 for the three people who care).
Star Wars 2019 (no mention of a season, but it is being coordinated with Disneyland; personally, I'd guess May)
Cars Land 2020

Large scale construction underway south, east, and west in the park by this time next year.

And there is still a project heading down the pipes for MK's 50th.

He also mentioned that Osborne's imminent cancellation was a recent decision (meaning the schedule has been expedited). Again, salt. However, DL traditionally avoids large-scale construction during their decennial celebrations and is now planning to break that rule, suggesting an acceleration in pace.

Last edited:

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
I haven't noticed from any sketches but at least tell me during all of this construction that Sounds Dangerous and the American Idol theatre are going away or are they a part of one of the new lands?

ToTBellHop

Well, considering it seems that Star Wars, Avatar, and Toy Story open within 12 months of one of their respective sequels. Since an Incredibles sequel is on the way in 2019, could THAT be the 2020 Phase 3?
Could be. I believe it's Cars though. Perhaps phase 4 if it's not Monsters Inc?

ToTBellHop

I haven't noticed from any sketches but at least tell me during all of this construction that Sounds Dangerous and the American Idol theatre are going away or are they a part of one of the new lands?
One of those options is certainly the case. I think the latter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom