Voyage of the Little Mermaid closing for 4 days in September

COProgressFan

This is not a bad show, as others have stated. The waiting room is cool, and there are some neat laser effects with the fog.

The problem is the show was shortened many years ago, and the film portions are in terrible condition. Like it's the original print that has never been touched. Not sure if they plan on addressing that -- it looked really bad the last time I saw it.

JohnD

The show is better than the MK ride in its current configuration. But the MK ride is already down for a massive refurb through March 6. So, hopefully, it will be on par with the DL version which would make it better than the show.

Haymarket2008

The puppetry is pretty cool, and the huge Ursula ROCKS, but the live actors playing Ariel and Eric are usually horrible. But in the grand scheme of things it is one of the worst things on property. Its extraordinarily dated.

The Empress Lilly

Still the best Mermaid attraction on property!
amour4.gif

Hope it stays. Meanwhile, the MK Mermaid ride doesn't deliver. Wish Disney would've cut its losses and converted that one into a Frozen ride. High capacity omnimover to deal with the crowds, perfect thematic placing, and three parks the better for it.

JohnD

Still the best Mermaid attraction on property!
amour4.gif

Hope it stays. Meanwhile, the MK Mermaid ride doesn't deliver. Wish Disney would've cut its losses and converted that one into a Frozen ride. High capacity omnimover to deal with the crowds, perfect thematic placing, and three parks the better for it.

Agree. But too late. The MK ride is under refurb to hopefully make it on par with the DL version. Go I guess that is a consolation.

Mike S

I'm still holding out hope for a Princess and the Frog replacement... I can only dream about how cool it would be to see "Friends on the Other Side" performed on a proper stage with lasers and puppetry.
Also a live actor in perfect sync with his projected "shadow." That would be pretty awesome.

Nmoody1

YUPPPPPP^

after the response Dr Facellier got on DCL in Villains Tonight, I'd be surprised of he made any othe stage appearance than at halloween in MK. Although i'd love a good jazz performance and some of the PATF songs live on stage! Imagine the Mardi Gras atmosphere!!

Next Big Thing

Seeing as the movie has been remastered and released in blu-ray format, I hope they change out the footage from the old grainy looking stuff to a more clear visual seeing as it's been remastered.

JediMasterMatt

Voyage of the Little Mermaid will be dark from Sep 7-10.

A middling show at the world's biggest and "best" theme resort needs 4 days of work (maybe it's work or maybe they need the theater for the BIG news that will be coming out of D23 - yeah right) seven months from today and they have to announce it now. Oh, MM+ how do we love thee, let me count the ways.

Agreed. Nice little show with some good effects. Always pretty packed too, at least when we've stopped in to see it.

While I agree it's a decent diversion (the lighting is particularly good; but, the performance of the Ariel is what makes or breaks it), the fact that it's pretty packed has more to do with what DHS doesn't have (attractions) than a testament to the quality of Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I honestly think Stitch would play to full houses in this park... anything would. Even if it was just a sing-a-long... but, I do draw the line at hula hoops.

Sped2424

after the response Dr Facellier got on DCL in Villains Tonight, I'd be surprised of he made any othe stage appearance than at halloween in MK. Although i'd love a good jazz performance and some of the PATF songs live on stage! Imagine the Mardi Gras atmosphere!!
I have no idea what the DCL Villains Tonight is is but he was actually pretty popular for most villain events here.

Chef Kronk

Little off topic, but can someone who's at DHS tell me if Voyage of the Little Mermaid is open today? Didn't know if that refurb got cancelled or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom