DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

UpAllNight

It's just unbelievable to think that DHS has potentially 2 more summers to make it through without any significant additions (assuming a fall 2017 opening for Toy Story Land). Disney are in the territory of serious brand damage now I feel...it's such terrible planning and lousy to allow such a high priced but mediocre product out there. I honestly do not know why they couldn't have Toy Story Land up within 15 months.

I'm pleased additions are coming but I'd hate to work at guest relations over the ensuing period - especially at times like the Star Wars weekends.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's just unbelievable to think that DHS has potentially 2 more summers to make it through without any significant additions (assuming a fall 2017 opening for Toy Story Land). Disney are in the territory of serious brand damage now I feel...it's such terrible planning and lousy to allow such a high priced but mediocre product out there. I honestly do not know why they couldn't have Toy Story Land up within 15 months.

I'm pleased additions are coming but I'd hate to work at guest relations over the ensuing period - especially at times like the Star Wars weekends.

I don't think it matters as much to the average guest as it does to us. All the signature attractions are still open, most of what has closed were not big draws anyway. Most people are also paying a lump sum ahead of time for a multi-day ticket so probably don't look at how much value they are getting from each park, especially not people who get park hoppers. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to excuse the current state of the park, just that I doubt people are storming guest relations complaining that they did not get their money's worth.

Beholder

I don't think it matters as much to the average guest as it does to us. All the signature attractions are still open, most of what has closed were not big draws anyway. Most people are also paying a lump sum ahead of time for a multi-day ticket so probably don't look at how much value they are getting from each park, especially not people who get park hoppers. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to excuse the current state of the park, just that I doubt people are storming guest relations complaining that they did not get their money's worth.

Such a great point, I sometimes have to remind myself that most people simply don't notice the things we do, nor do they care as much. When I say "most people", I'm generalizing, but I believe that by and large, we obsess just a little more than the average park goer.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Interpret this as you will, but it looks like the 4-day VotLM refurb set to happen next week has been canceled

Its curious but then again so is the FP sign work for that location.

Whether it is open this time next month will be a bigger question.

UpAllNight

Fair points. I think first time visitors would be fine at the park, they'd see every show etc. Not overly convinced so many return visitors would be too impressed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
IIRC, the scuttlebutt was that they weren't going to start on DHS parking changes until the Disney Spring construction was complete.

That would make sense. The major work at DS should be wrapping up by the middle of 2016, and DHS would really need the garages for a couple years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom