New Destinations coming to Star Tours

AEfx

If they are going to start replacing the films. Start with Kassshhyyykk because that one sucks.

I don't think you are going to see them replaced, but added to. At the opening event for the ride they said that it was designed to have additional destinations added over time rather easily. Although I do potentially see them increasing the "random" nature to more heavily feature the new experiences, at least at first - either just as a part of opening or as a part of a "promotion" type thing.

As to Rex - although the nod in the queue is nice, I would love something new with him, as well.

That Guy

Do you think this will just be a third Intro (Kylo Ren along with Vader and the Falcon)? That would make it 3 intros, 3 first planets, 3 hero projection transitions, and 3 endings(81 combinations). Or would they add a planet and ending making it 2-4-3-4 (96 combinations)?

AEfx

Do you think this will just be a third Intro (Kylo Ren along with Vader and the Falcon)? That would make it 3 intros, 3 first planets, 3 hero projection transitions, and 3 endings(81 combinations). Or would they add a planet and ending making it 2-4-3-4 (96 combinations)?

I have a feeling there will be one new of each "element" put into the mix. So another intro, another planet, another hero, another ending.

No evidence of this, just my gut feeling.

bakntime

I'm shocked that Star Tours is surviving the expansion. It's kinda not needed any more.
Star Tours is a great attraction that was made even better with the update to 3D. There's no way it should go anywhere. The more attractions the better, especially when one of them is Star Tours. Keep it. The last thing they want to do is reduce DHS ride capacity when they open the new Star Wars land.

G00fyDad

I'm shocked that Star Tours is surviving the expansion. It's kinda not needed any more.
tumblr_lz31vz8rXO1qdr5i8.gif

DisneyRoy

I'll miss the AT-AT but it's all for the best.

Are we certain that it's leaving? I know we didn't see it in the concept art, but I would find it hard pressed to not keep that thing around. It's such an awesome spectacle and center piece of the Star Wars universe.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Are we certain that it's leaving? I know we didn't see it in the concept art, but I would find it hard pressed to not keep that thing around. It's such an awesome spectacle and center piece of the Star Wars universe.

If the ride stays, I would think that outside themeing would go especially since they are trying to move away the working studio theme.

DisneyRoy

If the ride stays, I would think that outside themeing would go especially since they are trying to move away the working studio theme.

Very good point. Although in some of the promotional information for TFA, we do see some AT-AT's in non-Hoth locations. It could be possible that this new space port we are seeing has some Empire presence and therefore an AT-AT is there for security measures? Or something...not holding my breath that it stays but as stated above, it would be nice. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom