Walt's office gone from DHS

Are you excited to see One Man's Dream close for Toy Story Land?

• Yes

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 116 77.9%

• Total voters

mcompanik

Original Poster
Here is a pic taken tonight of the picture covering the window.
image.jpg

lazyboy97o

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
Making room for franchises that seek to top pigs with pigs are all about looking backwards, reopening the same door and retreading the same few paths.

Last edited:

mm52200

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
Remember who said those quotes? Oh yeah Walt Disney. There should be some kind of exhibit about the founder/creator/mastermind of this company at Walt Disney World. Four theme parks SURELY there could be space to relocate it. I agree with those quotes but it is important to look back and RESPECT and HONOR the person who made all of this that we love and enjoy a reality.

nelsonj3

I'm sad to see the office go, but I'm happy that it's going to the Disney Family Museum. At least they're not packing it away where no one can see it.

I posted these once before, but I took a video this summer when the rumors started to fly about the attraction possibly closing. Anyway, the video is a Full Walk-through (including the office). It's pretty long, but it does cover pretty much every little detail of the attraction as it was in mid-July. If you've already seen it, feel free to ignore. :)

the.dreamfinder

Making room for franchises that seek to top pigs with pigs are all about looking backwards, reopening the same door and retreading the same few paths.
MANDATORY READING
http://samlanddisney.blogspot.com/2013/10/you-cant-top-pigs-with-pigs.html
Over the years, it became a well- known fact that Walt Disney did not like to do the same thing twice. He said, “I’ve never believed in doing sequels. I didn’t want to waste the time I have doing a sequel. I’d rather be using that time doing something new and different.” He liked new challenges and he already had a Disneyland. What was the point of building another theme park?
Walt said, “It goes back when they wanted me to do more pigs.” The Silly Symphony cartoon Three Little Pigs became a huge success in 1933 due in part to Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf, a hit song that resonated with Great Depression audiences. Theater owners were clamoring for a follow-up. Walt hesitated. He proclaimed, “You can’t top pigs with pigs.”

Keep in mind what Sam fails to write is that Walt did make more Pigs shorts, three to be exact, and they followed the law of diminshing returns.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Little_Pigs_(film)#Sequels

MarkTwain

Meh. In my opinion, if WDW wants to honor Walt, it ought to operate and develop in a way deserving of Walt's name and legacy, rather than with occasional corporate-approved tributes. There isn't a single Walt exhibit or museum to be found in Disneyland or DCA, and yet the Disneyland Resort has run itself in a much more Walt-ish way than WDW has in recent years.

Send the desk to the family museum where it belongs, and bring on the multi-billion dollar expansion on that DHS deserves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom