What Would You Ban?

Nick Wilde

But my points are first, you can teach your kids what you want, but other people should be able to go to Disney and not have people drink in front of OUR kids. My second point is why do you have to have the wine? A glass of ice tea taste much better? If people have to drink to enjoy Disney save a lot of money buy a six pack or bottle of wine and stay home. I am not against drinking I just think there is a time and place and Disney is not it.
I like your point, but the main reason I wouldn't want alcohol in the parks is because I've been to WS during F&W. The drunkards are very disruptive, and I've heard quite a few horror stories. Another reason was because Walt didn't want alcohol in the parks.

NYBaloo

But my points are first, you can teach your kids what you want, but other people should be able to go to Disney and not have people drink in front of OUR kids. My second point is why do you have to have the wine? A glass of ice tea taste much better? If people have to drink to enjoy Disney save a lot of money buy a six pack or bottle of wine and stay home. I am not against drinking I just think there is a time and place and Disney is not it.
To quote my favorite line from the Simpsons, "The whole world doesn't stop just because a school bus does"

GrammieBee

OK, people, get real and stick to the topic. Like religion or politics, alcohol vs.no alcohol is a debate you can't win. People are firmly set in their opinion and will defend this opinion at all costs.
However, what some people seem to be trying to say is that there is nothing wrong with a few drinks in the proper setting, but the Disney parks, not Walt Disney World in general, are not the proper setting. People generally agree that, at the very least, it does not make a lot of sense when anyone feels they can't have a good time without a few drinka or that the purpose of drinking is to get drunk. A drunk can spoil a lot of others' enjoyment wherever they are..

Last edited:

matt9112

Food and Wine.

And strollers.

Food and wine festival ? Sure phisically food and wine no. I don't think the drinking problem is as bad as people think. It's just invasive to people's conceptual reality of Walt Disney world in there head. Albeit this isn't the matrix.

Nick Wilde

OK, people, get real and stick to the topic. Like religion or politics, alcohol vs.no alcohol is a debate you can't win. People are firmly set in their opinion and will defend this opinion at all costs.
However, what some people seem to be trying to say is that there is nothing wrong with a few drinks in the proper setting, but the Disney parks, not Walt Disney World in general, are not the proper setting. Actually, there are very few places in the parks you can drink alcohol with the notable exception of the Food and Wine Festival in EPCOT. People generally agree that, at the very least, it does not make a lot of sense when anyone feels they can't have a good time without a few drinka or that the purpose of drinking is to get drunk. A drunk can spoil a lot of others' enjoyment wherever they are..
I would like to point out that I just don't want drinking at WDW. I never called for prohibition as some may think. I just don't think WDW is the place to drink, and I would want what Walt would have wanted for the parks.

tonganprince

I'd ban people with poor hygiene. Nothing worse than a hour long wait for a ride and having to smell the guy in front.

They need to get that "Smellarator" from the Richie Rich movie and hit all guests up. There may need to be a diaper filter though in case of poopie diapers on babies, but it cannot include Depends.

wdwjmp239

Yes. I dislike it.

I think people miss the point of the Food & Wine Festival. Some friends of mine did it last year and they always have this need to tell me how TRASHED they got ("drinking around the world"). The point of the F&W festival is to indulge in the host country's food & wine delicacies. If you have the need to get wasted at Disney, then you have bigger problems to deal with and I suggest visiting your local Alcoholics Anonymous recovery group. Besides, my kids shouldn't have to see a bunch of people drinking, stumbling over each other, and potentially vomiting in the middle of where we're walking.

James J

In the Parks
No

I don't get how seeing someone having a glass of wine with a meal (a very common occurrence in most countries) is going to have a negative effect on your kids. Since I was a kid my parents have always had a glass of wine with a nice meal, and it hasn't turned me into an alcoholic. And iced tea instead? Really? It's not about needing to drink to have a good time, it's drinking something that pairs well with a meal, as has already been stated. Yes people take drinking too far as can be seen at F&W Festival, but that's not the majority.

wdwjmp239

Extremely large tour groups. I'm sorry, but i refuse to be woken up at 6 am every morning so your kids can dance and make a bunch of noise that early in the morning.

The last time my wife and I (before we had kids) went to Disney, we stayed at the All Star Music resort and I hear you about the tour groups. During our stay, there were quite a few cheerleading squads staying at the same resort. There's just something about the sound of 30 girls clapping at the same time chanting the same annoying cheer that made me want to run out of my room and drown them in the pool, especially at 6am (Especially since we were getting back to our room at about 2am)!!!!

Now here we are with a 5 year old daughter on our hands and as I'm writing this I'm thinking.....yep....she's probably going to be a cheerleader at some point doing the same thing to someone else. #cantwin

rodmansju

I chuckle at the suggestions by some to ban more than single wide strollers, for one, and for another, that people with strollers drive them to run people over. granted, everyone has different experiences, but here are mine:

1-i had four young children (they are now 9,9,9 and 4). but for two trips, we had 2 double wide strollers. because why should i have to rent four strollers at greater expense (and if i am bringing my own from home, they are even bigger than the rentals). plus, for 4 adults to push four strollers, park four strollers, and oh still hold the hand of the 5th child (my nephew)...it's not logical either. (hey, we were nice, the first of two trips we took in April, after Easter break. Parks were not crowded).

2-on the driving around the parks? my wife and i kept one behind the other to minimize traffic. if there was a mob, one would work their way around, the other followed. you would, however, be AMAZED at how many stupid people (or maybe not?) would cut off a family, step in front of a moving stroller, etc. Last time we took strollers, had that happen to us getting into and out of Kiliminjaro, before the stroller parking area. and the person who did it, and lost their shoe in the process, had the audacity to be ticked. till my wife gave it back to them.

what made/makes it hard for anyone, strollers included, are the previously mentioned folks who just have to stop in the middle of a pathway to wait for someone/check a map/etc. but, thats true anywhere, not just WDW. Happens to me all the time as I am commuting in NYC, people just stop in the middle of the sidewalk

As for what to ban? Definitely the iPads-as-cameras. last time there, we sat behind a whole group, 3 or 4 adults, all using iPads as video cameras. Why not just enjoy the show?

ninjaprincesst

I don't get how seeing someone having a glass of wine with a meal (a very common occurrence in most countries) is going to have a negative effect on your kids. Since I was a kid my parents have always had a glass of wine with a nice meal, and it hasn't turned me into an alcoholic. And iced tea instead? Really? It's not about needing to drink to have a good time, it's drinking something that pairs well with a meal, as has already been stated. Yes people take drinking too far as can be seen at F&W Festival, but that's not the majority.
Why do you need wine, what is wrong with iced tea? That is my point why do people need alcohol?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom