What did your 18 month eat?

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Hello. My daughter is NOT a picky eater, but I am wondering where have you had success eating at and what did they eat?

Thanks!

stevehousse

Most all of the quick service restaurants have a "kids pack meal" that includes yogurt, goldfish, a granola bar and fruit or something similar to that extent. There is also a stands throughout the parks that sell sliced fruit and string cheese packs which are good snacks as well. My boys can be picky eaters so hot dogs or chicken nuggets will do it for them!

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Most all of the quick service restaurants have a "kids pack meal" that includes yogurt, goldfish, a granola bar and fruit or something similar to that extent. There is also a stands throughout the parks that sell sliced fruit and string cheese packs which are good snacks as well. My boys can be picky eaters so hot dogs or chicken nuggets will do it for them!

They sell hot dogs and chicken nuggets at just about anwhwere?

Tinkerbell397

My granddaughter went at 21 months and breakfast was her favorite and biggest meal....plenty of choices. My daughter is very very particular about what she eats so no hot dogs, chicken nuggets .....her choice. There is plenty of fruit around at snack stands and all restaurants have children's menus. Her favorite meal was the salmon and quinoa at The Coral Cafe. She also loved the food at Tusker House. Buffets were the best because there were so many choices. Have a Magical Trip! :cat:

Mamaof2QTs

Our youngest was pretty tongue tied and choked easily, so We brought her food in our diaper bag. We sliced up watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, strawberries and fed her those squeeze packs of applesauce spinach and pears you get in the baby aisle. Of course chicken nuggets and milk are everywhere. There are fruit stands, but they are spread out, so make a mental note when you see one or just go ahead it buy it. I know they had watermelon, bananas and clementines.

jaklgreen

My granddaughter went at 21 months and breakfast was her favorite and biggest meal....plenty of choices. My daughter is very very particular about what she eats so no hot dogs, chicken nuggets .....her choice. There is plenty of fruit around at snack stands and all restaurants have children's menus. Her favorite meal was the salmon and quinoa at The Coral Cafe. She also loved the food at Tusker House. Buffets were the best because there were so many choices. Have a Magical Trip! :cat:

We didn't feed our children "kids meals" either. They ate what we did. So we would just share our plate with them, usually we would get chicken or steak, normal food, etc. Our girls are 13 months apart so as they got older we would just get an extra adult meal that they would share. My daughter also loved the couscous at Tusker House. The more you expose your kids to the more they will like. If you fall into the rut of only giving them "kid" food, then that is all they will eat. Feed them what you eat and act as if that is the only option and your kids will be fine with whatever you give them. I always remind people that the "kid meal" of chicken nuggets etc is only in this country. Most other countries feed their kids what they are eating and those kids are able to handle it just fine. American kids do not have a special gene where they are unable to eat normal food and can only choke down crappy food. What parents choose to feed them is what they eat. Start off healthy.

Weather_Lady

You can share your plate with your little one for no charge at any WDW eatery. I suggest concentrating your ADRs around buffet meals, where you can get the most variety and "bang" for your buck, and will have plenty of kid-friendly and healthful options to share. (I would particularly recommend the Crystal Palace, which has Winnie the Pooh characters in addition to an excellent buffet.) Also, if you want to be sure she has healthful options everywhere but don't want to order a separate kids' meal, don't be shy at CS restaurants about inquiring concerning side dish substitutions -- e.g., yogurt or fresh fruit instead of fries.

When my kids were that age, picking off of my plate was all they wanted to do. Salad fixins (cherry tomatoes, black olives, cucumber slices, croutons and cheese cubes), any kind of pasta, finger foods (e.g., chicken nuggets, dinner rolls, shrimp - once we knew they weren't allergic) and vegetable sides (green beans, mashed potatoes, baby carrots, corn) were always a hit.

Dreaming of Disney World

We brought fruit and veggie pouches and crackers and also served her scrambled eggs, waffles, yogurt, apple sauce, cut up pieces of fruit, cheese, and desserts that we got from buffets and quick service restaurants. I was also still breastfeeding her, too. This was at 14 months.

correcaminos

At a younger age we brought snacks for ourselves (pretzels, goldfish, snack crackers etc) because those are harder to find in the parks and kind of expensive for what you get.

For restaurants my son ate whatever we ate at that age. Or he'd get a kids meal and would eat pretty much anything that was real food. Wasn't much for highly processed nuggets (thank goodness for real chicken breast ones) or burgers/hot dogs at that age. Regular sandwiches and grilled chicken with fruit for sides. Those were his meals. Pretty much the same now too. Though he loves burgers, but still hates chicken nuggets that aren't real chicken breast LOL

I can easily still share food with my son so consider that. The kids meals can be quite bland at Disney IMO so be aware of that. For example BOG was awful with kids meals and we tried it more than once at lunch. We were much better splitting an adult meal because his were so bland no one wanted to eat them.

If your kid isn't picky you won't have any issues. Most places have the more boring kids meals as well as more flavorful options to pick from.

Raegansmommy

When we went and my daughter was 18 months old, we would often just feed her what we ordered. She is not a picky eater and at the time was not a large eater. I would usually order a side of fruit for her as well. Just make sure to keep snacks in your bag for waiting in lines. I find this to be very helpful and my daughters are 9 and 5.

keirin

Same as above, we fed the kids whatever we ordered and brought snacks with us that we knew would be acceptable in case the kids chose not to eat off our plates. Now that I have 3 kids I usually order just 1 kids plate and then they share it. Most restaurants have chicken nuggets on the kids menu and the smuckers uncrustable sandwiches. (we always bring our own uncrustables in with us if we plan on going that route, you can buy a box in the freezer section of the grocery store for what you will pay for 1 kids meal in the parks)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom