Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

doctornick

I'm not arguing about this because it's very very very very simple. The budgetary people have given is zero indication that Marvel is coming to the East Coast Disney parks.

You make it out to be "simple", but your statement really doesn't follow. Pretty much every insider on here has stated repeatedly that they've only heard about the budget number and don't have any details about the specific attractions or plans. You are right that there is zero indication that Marvel is coming to WDW -- there's also zero indication that Cars is or Monsters Inc or Indiana Jones or Frozen or whatever. We don't know any details at this point, so how can we exclude anything as possible?

Point being that we don't know what the content of the $2-3B renovation of DHS will involve beyond "Star Wars and some Pixar". That doesn't mean nothing else is coming, just that we don't know any details. It's well within the realm of possibility that a GotG could be among the menu planned for the park.

In fact, I would argue that it's extremely likely that we'll get some content for DHS that not Star Wars or Pixar. I make no predictions as to what specifically will be used, maybe Muppets or Disney animation or Indiana Jones. Or, yes, maybe even Marvel stuff that is available for WDW.

odmichael

Original Poster
The only issue I have with the claim that Guardians of the Galaxy could come to DHS is that there would be no other Marvel attractions at the Park. Makes more sense to be in Tomorrowland than in Hollywood Studios if the point of the rebranding is to make new lands.

doctornick

The only issue I have with the claim that Guardians of the Galaxy could come to DHS is that there would be no other Marvel attractions at the Park. Makes more sense to be in Tomorrowland than in Hollywood Studios if the point of the rebranding is to make new lands.

Well, it would depend on the execution. I've suggested before, you could make an "action" themed land with GotG and maybe some other properties like Indiana Jones, Big Hero 6, maybe even Hero's Duty from Wreck It Ralph.

Then again, Gunn reported said GotG was going to Disney World. Maybe they are moving Laugh Floor to DHS and replacing it with a GotG ride . ;) (Just kidding, please don't devolve this into a debate about moving attractions again.)

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Why would it matter, there are a number of franchises that only have on attraction in DHS, Beauty and Beast, Indiana Jones, Muppets, Star Wars (for now). Unless something happens with the Uni contract they don't have a large pool of Marvel properties to pull from to make a whole land out of it. Not to mention the fact that they couldn't call it Marvel land.

PhotoDave219

Well, it would depend on the execution. I've suggested before, you could make an "action" themed land with GotG and maybe some other properties like Indiana Jones, Big Hero 6, maybe even Hero's Duty from Wreck It Ralph.

Then again, Gunn reported said GotG was going to Disney World. Maybe they are moving Laugh Floor to DHS and replacing it with a GotG ride . ;) (Just kidding, please don't devolve this into a debate about moving attractions again.)

I'm curious if he knows the difference between Disney World and Disney Land.

stretchsje

Since GofG can go to WDW, I think it'd be silly to put it in Disneyland. There are much more iconic characters that Disney would rather put in Orlando if not contractually prohibited... and that restriction does not exist west of the Mississippi. This is why Iron Man was (is?) rumored to land in Anaheim. Captain America, Hulk, Thor... these are all far more marketable characters than Star Lord.

In Orlando, Disney's choices are limited. I totally expect to see Guardians in Orlando as a kind of relief valve for the pent-up Marvel demand within Disney's borders. With Universal rumored to be expanding their Marvel area, one has to wonder how much Disney wants to invest competing with that which they're collecting royalties on anyway.

I hadn't thought about it, but the idea that Rock n Roller Coaster could get a GotG overlay sounds like a good fit to me. While GotG deserves a ride to satiate the demand for superheroes, I don't think an entire Marvel land would work due to the forced isolation from the other Marvel characters (and the Marvel name itself.)

One thing IS for certain....Disney has certainly created tons of SPECULATION....this may come, that may come, wish lists the size of Niagra Falls, I know this, Marvel here, Star Wars here, Pixar this and on and on. One thing BOD came HERE not Burbank for a specific purpose....so WHATEVER they announce it will be LARGE and THEME PARK CHANGING.....Marvel coming to DCA, great but you do not need BOD for that....one thing is for sure and unless you have been to DCA you would not know...LAND.....Disneyland is Land locked and there is not one Blogger or Speculator or Rumor that can change that. Disney tried with Westcot and failed. The city of Anaheim and locals were opposed. Hence why gigantic parking garages were built and so was DCA.....LAND will always limit Disneyland.....LAND will not limit WDW. So whatever the massive Capital that is going to be spent here in WDW is.....hold on to your hats......because everyone knows there will be whiners and complainers because he/she wanted something on a PERSONAL Wishlist.

If me, I would build a Gigantic Death Star and create a Massive Dueling Coaster with one side Tie Fighters and the other X Wing Fighters....I would build super high with tracks winding in every direction imagineable where you could see for miles with lights that would gleam as far as eye can see....The speculation would be unbelieveable and the buzz the top in the business. There is nothing on planet earth like it.....but that is me....but I will be excited by whatever because 3B is a ton of money!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
One thing IS for certain....Disney the Disney fan community has certainly created tons of SPECULATION....this may come, that may come, wish lists the size of Niagra Falls, I know this, Marvel here, Star Wars here, Pixar this and on and on. One thing BOD came HERE not Burbank for a specific purpose....so WHATEVER they announce it will be LARGE and THEME PARK CHANGING.....Marvel coming to DCA, great but you do not need BOD for that....one thing is for sure and unless you have been to DCA you would not know...LAND.....Disneyland is Land locked and there is not one Blogger or Speculator or Rumor that can change that. Disney tried with Westcot and failed. The city of Anaheim and locals were opposed. Hence why gigantic parking garages were built and so was DCA.....LAND will always limit Disneyland.....LAND will not limit WDW. So whatever the massive Capital that is going to be spent here in WDW is.....hold on to your hats......because everyone knows there will be whiners and complainers because he/she wanted something on a PERSONAL desire.

If me I would build a Gigantic Death Star and create a Massive Dueling Coaster with one side Tie Fighters and the other X Wing Fighters....I would build super high with tracks winding in every direction imagineable where you could see for miles with lights that would gleam as far as eye can see....The speculation would be unbelieveable and the buzz the top in the business. There is nothing on planet earth like it.....but that is me....but I will be excited by whatever because 3B is a ton of money!

Fixed that for you. ;)

BrerJon

Would it be to much to hope for it to replace Stitch?

Someone in WDI or upper management really loves that attraction, that's the only explanation why it's still there and hasn't been overhauled.

A Guardians overlay would fit so well and be so easy, just change the Stitch puppet to a Groot, lose the smells, and make it a GotG comedy, instead of a scary thing or a kids thing... it would be cheap, but very popular.

odmichael

Original Poster
You guys post too fast...

Why would it matter, there are a number of franchises that only have on attraction in DHS, Beauty and Beast, Indiana Jones, Muppets, Star Wars (for now).
And from rumors and speculation it would appear that they are trying to slowly but surely phase out of this. They will have their corner of the park with old rides that will get their land. Then there will be themed parts of the park and what seems like a decade from now, the park will have appropriate themed lands. Again, I have no knowledge. Just speculation. IF Disney were to do this, then I don't think it would the perfect fit for the attraction.

Unless something happens with the Uni contract they don't have a large pool of Marvel properties to pull from to make a whole land out of it. Not to mention the fact that they couldn't call it Marvel land.
And this is exactly why I do not think "Hollywood Adventure" would be the perfect fit for such a ride.

I suppose that could work somehow. Not an ideal "land" with a more coherent theme. But it could work.

I hadn't thought about it, but the idea that Rock n Roller Coaster could get a GotG overlay sounds like a good fit to me.
That actually would be an amazing fit in the sense of an overlay. Don't really want more overlays though.

Would it be to much to hope for it to replace Stitch?
Instead we get rocket racoon or groot instead.

Since GofG can go to WDW, I think it'd be silly to put it in Disneyland. There are much more iconic characters that Disney would rather put in Orlando if not contractually prohibited... and that restriction does not exist west of the Mississippi. This is why Iron Man was (is?) rumored to land in Anaheim. Captain America, Hulk, Thor... these are all far more marketable characters than Star Lord.

In Orlando, Disney's choices are limited. I totally expect to see Guardians in Orlando as a kind of relief valve for the pent-up Marvel demand within Disney's borders. With Universal rumored to be expanding their Marvel area, one has to wonder how much Disney wants to invest competing with that which they're collecting royalties on anyway.

I hadn't thought about it, but the idea that Rock n Roller Coaster could get a GotG overlay sounds like a good fit to me. While GotG deserves a ride to satiate the demand for superheroes, I don't think an entire Marvel land would work due to the forced isolation from the other Marvel characters (and the Marvel name itself.)
Disney has no Iimits in Orlando......you must be kidding......good god get a clue! 30,000 acres and 60 million guests are you for REAL???

Brer Panther

Contrast that to, say, Ant-Man which is getting a movie preview at DLR but not WDW (or any of the monorail wraps for Marvel movies which had to be on the MK loop since it did not enter a park).

Whenever I hear Ant-Man mentioned, this comic comes to mind:
080511_1372132815.png

PhotoDave219

Disney has no Iimits in Orlando......you must be kidding......good god get a clue! 30,000 acres and 60 million guests are you for REAL???

Yes send a sizable amount of that land… I forget exactly how much… Will never be developed. It's their strictly for conservation use.

PhotoDave219

Yeah but when you are trying to title a click bait article, $3Billion has a better ring to it;) haha

$2.8 billion is a lot of money though, and I'm happy we are finally seeing some big money being spent in WDW.

2.8 billion for Disney's Hollywood Studios - including infrastructure. The total is in excess of $3 billion for the resort as a whole.

Edit: I hate SIRI.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yes send a sizable amount of that land… I forget exactly how much… Will never be developed. It's their strictly for conservation use.

RCID has:

30,752 acres total (including some new lands that are still going through the permitting process)
• 8,348 acres of Wildlife Management and Conservation Area (WMCA) (of which 7,613 acres are wetlands and 735 acres are uplands). The WMCA is under a conservation easement dedicated to South Florida Water Management District.
• 6,855 acres of wetlands;
• 6,494 acres of uplands; and
• 9,055 acres of developed lands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom