Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

jt04

I am going to let all of you argue over what attractions may or may not make the cut. My vote is going to having some of that 3 B ( that really is an incredible amount of money.....we are all discussing it like its Monopoly money) putting some charm back in to WDW as a whole. Maybe put a few of those bucks in to the pockets of the CM;s..........naaaaaaaaa that's not going to happen. Its been said that Disney wants to cater to the top 1% well make a destination that is worthy. We know DHS needs an extreme make over. But give me the details that once made this place known for being top quality. 3B is more then the GDP of a lot of small countries!

With out a doubt within this budget transportation has to be addressed. You are going to do all these imporvments.....I would think they expect attendance to even grow higher. Transportation is already busting at the seems.

Never understood the line of thinking......give us new attractions! where we stand in line for two hours for a 90 second thrill. Give me immersion....give me details.....streetmosphere....give me top notch maintained resorts.......Does anyone worry that some of this money will be put in to trying to fix the boondoggle called MM+? Like there hasn't been enough money spent?

I know......when did they let the Debbie Downer to come in here and pee pee on our parade. But my memory isn't that short. One day they wake up after over a decade being in a spending slumber and going to just say hey....here is 3 billion go have fun? To much history for me to just blindly buy in. I know those sharp pencil guys are still waiting in the wings with their pocket protectors and calculators. Does anybody remember NFL and the Mine train?

What I will say is...if this comes to fruition and TWDC spends this money in OTown.....it would mean enormous benefits to the entire area...192 and I drive will continue to see a revitalization.......much needed money being poured in to that local economy.

The bad news is that this will give those lifestylers more construction walls to Tweet about for the next six years.

They have spent billions over the last decade. Mostly on refurbs and unglamerous behind the scenes infrastructure. It was done this way so that when the time was right they could add major content to the parks. As you now see happening at DAK and likely the Studios.

It was the only way it could be done. Any othey strategy in turning around TWDC could have actually caused WDW to be sold off in pieces. As was rumored by some insiders.

Sad that so many can't see reality through the silly smoke screen memes on these boards.

IMO.

gmajew

Premium Member
The budget amount is awesome. The fact that it is going to be over 5 years is actually ok with me as well as I don't want this to be crap work! I want them to use the money every cent the best they can and make something really awesome and unreal! I want this to be the build to be perfect planned and done the way I expect Disney to build.

I am fine with this park being a war zone for years if it means we get what we deserve!

Gomer

If we are looking at most of the $3B going to DHS overhaul an infrastructure. A smaller portion to Epcot for a possible pavilion refurb or two. I wonder what percentage of that is left for MK. Are we talking ride refurb money (a spruce up before the 50th)? New firework and night parade money? Or enough funds for an actual new attraction?

jt04

The budget amount is awesome. The fact that it is going to be over 5 years is actually ok with me as well as I don't want this to be crap work! I want them to use the money every cent the best they can and make something really awesome and unreal! I want this to be the build to be perfect planned and done the way I expect Disney to build.

I am fine with this park being a war zone for years if it means we get what we deserve!

Exactly. Imagineering can't just crank out fully developed projects overnight. It takes time to produce quality product. And if there is one thing they have been the last 8 years it is BUSY!

Bring on those construction walls. :geek:

jt04

If we are looking at most of the $3B going to DHS overhaul an infrastructure. A smaller portion to Epcot for a possible pavilion refurb or two. I wonder what percentage of that is left for MK. Are we talking ride refurb money (a spruce up before the 50th)? New firework and night parade money? Or enough funds for an actual new attraction?

My guess (and that is all it is) is the MK might get an attraction for the 50th and maybe a parade. Plus lots of paint and landscaping. The other parks will see the bulk of investment as they really need to address the crowd imbalances.

IMO.

gmajew

Premium Member
My guess (and that is all it is) is the MK might get an attraction for the 50th and maybe a parade. Plus lots of paint and landscaping. The other parks will see the bulk of investment as they really need to address the crowd imbalances.

IMO.

I agree I think MK will get ride plus for the 50 and continue rehab work on every bit of the park. I hope they get a new ride but think the plus up is going to be the extent unless they give us surprise.

Epcot gets three is my feeling all redos but needed bad!

Exciting times.

nor'easter

They're going to plant a tree for nostalgia.

doctornick

I agree that there will be nothing new a year from now.

The budget is spread over a five year build-out.

Patience will be required.

Hmmm. I was hoping that we might see a first step -- a quick Toy Story Playland addition -- built by the end of 2016 to coincide with the opening of the increased capacity of TSMM. No chance of something like that?

andysol

What theme park wars - Disney has already surrendered.
We have over 3x the market as you- we surrender! :rolleyes:

I agree I think MK will get ride plus for the 50 and continue rehab work on every bit of the park. I hope they get a new ride but think the plus up is going to be the extent unless they give us surprise.

Epcot gets three is my feeling all redos but needed bad!

Exciting times.
I think you're being a little ambitious with your thinking.

Firstly- I hope that the $3B doesn't include the 50th for MK- because that's a several hundred million dollar undertaking. Looking at DLP and DLs recent anniversarys, they got as a minimum- A new parade, new wishes/light show, space mountain update, Peter Pan update, IASW update, and BTM update amongst others. There really isn't a budget for a new ride also if the $3B is to go towards refurbs. That said- I really hope they do spend the money asap on space mountain in particular. That thing is a wreck!

Secondly- 3 rides at Epcot seems ambitious as well. I'm hoping we get two. Because outside of imagination and Ellen, what else do they change?
But you are so right- does that park ever need it.

I think if the first thing to open is a playground heads will explode.

I disagree. It is SO quick to build- you're talking 6 months. And it adds much needed ride capacity immediately. They need ride capacity now and that's the quickest way to get it. I think they'd be dumb to do anything differently first with their construction pace. If they put shovels in the ground now they could open it with TSMM's new track in a year.

HauntedMansionFLA

Five years before this is finished means between now and when "Extreme Makeover DHS Edition" finishes we will see at least 5 price increases. :arghh:

While the changes might be glorious, the parks may become unaffordable :(
Would they make Ellen's a shorter, quicker ride rather than an attraction that takes 45 minutes? Most people get antsy and that's why it's basically a walk on ride. Love what I'm hearing about DHS but EPCOT has so much potential.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom