little mermaids wait times now like dca's.

Steel City Magic

I think the failure of AE and all the complaints they received put the kibosh on anything in the Magic Kingdom that was "scarier" than the silly spooks in the Haunted Mansion. It's possible we might see something a bit more scary at DHS someday but not anytime soon.

AE's FAILURE? I'd say it was one heck of a success. Scared the bejeezus out of me everytime I rode it. I loved that ride. Was all my family could talk about when mentioning Tomorrowland still to this day.

Disneyfanman

AE's FAILURE? I'd say it was one heck of a success. Scared the bejeezus out of me everytime I rode it. I loved that ride. Was all my family could talk about when mentioning Tomorrowland still to this day.

We continue to talk about it as a family. My 22 year old son regrets not being brave enough to go on our trip during AEs last operating year. The rest of us rode it every trip and loved it. It was kind of a medal of courage. We all really miss the attraction. We rode Stitch one time and were so turned off that we never went on it again. The only "failure" of AE, in my opinion, was placing it at MK. It did seem out of place in that park.

Anders Limpar

It lasted 8 years, they were going to put one in Disneyland. They spent a lot of money on it and had huge hopes for that attraction. So to Disney it was a failure.

Yes the effects were great and it was a scary attraction. But it didn't last. It was a failure bc the attraction was put into the wrong park and received loads of complaints.

It also went down for six months of retooling after it soft opened/tested in early December of '94.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The reason that MK's UtS:JotLM has wait times just like DCA's is that Disney has figured out they can save a crap tonne of money if all cloned attractions have the same wait time as the original. The technology required to have a unique wait time at each location is beyond comprehension.

However, at the moment there is no concern about the wait times being correct. There is talk in the ISoB (Inner Sanctum of Burbank) about having a WTGS (Wait Time Goon Squad) forcibly add and remove people from lines at cloned attractions.

Last edited:

Anders Limpar

Well mkay then failure in that respect... I guess :/ lol

Maybe the attraction was effective to you and your family. But it wasn't to the general public. If it was a success it would still be there.

You described it as one heck of a success. A heck of a success would be Pirates, HM, Space, IASW, etc. Attractions that lasted the test of time. You might note that all these attractions were so successful they were built in multiple locations across the world. There was only ever one AE.

AE lasted 8 yrs and had to be removed because of the volume of complaints guest services received. That's not a success.

I'm not really sure why you added the m'kay, lol, and emoticon.

Steel City Magic

I'm not really sure why you added the m'kay, lol, and emoticon.
Oh that's easy, because I felt the need to. Every time I was there, there were major lines for it. It was a success in that respect. I'm aware of the complaints. Of course no other park had it due to the complaints. Snow whites scary adventures and mission space got a lot of complaints too. Would you call them failures as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom