Flame Tree Barbecue closing for extensive remodel at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My apologies!

The have to have some place to put the gluten, sugar, peanut, dairy and meat free BBQ offerings :)

Yes I'm being quite sarcastic in that expecting every counter service location to have something for every dietary restriction or choice is absurd. It might be ideal, but its not economically possible unless they supply something along the lines of a (insert dietary restriction here) Uncrustables. I thought that the snark would have shown through. I have had BBQ tofu before, but every time its just tasted like the sauce and lots of tofu preparations contain gluten. Hmm gluten Free uncrustables
Those offerings need to be free range, GMO free, DNA free and organic as well you monster!;)

note2001

Prepare for shock... THE PROJECT HAS BEEN DELAYED!

Re-opening now set for June 30th.

From what I've seen and I've walked around in the seating area (it's not completely blocked off) they don't seem to be doing anything to the seating area. The work seems to be confined to the building.

(edit) I was asking if any of the seating open... roj2323 seems to have answered that :D
As long as my son can get the ribs he loves from the temporary location, and sit in the area he's accustomed to I think he'll survive our July trip even if this work extends out further.

Last edited:

note2001

Is it configuration issues with the old structure causing the delays? Workforce? Supply? Perhaps there were special elements ordered that the craftsmen haven't delivered?

I know none of us know the answers to the question... just thinking out loud - "People are going to think you're crazy if you keep talking to yourself." - Lizzie, Cars

wdizneew

Plot twist! Avatarland is actually the code name for a Frozenland project for AK. They are building a huge show building to recreate the cold weather of Arendelle and host an assortment of animals like Sea World did with Antarctica. ;)

Anyway.......
img_5186-jpg.88386

Does anyone know what this tall tower with the posts sticking out is? It kinda looks like it could hold speakers or parade lighting? I noticed they only have two of them in this one spot so I was wondering if they're going to add a stage or something....

ToTBellHop

Plot twist! Avatarland is actually the code name for a Frozenland project for AK. They are building a huge show building to recreate the cold weather of Arendelle and host an assortment of animals like Sea World did with Antarctica. ;)

Anyway.......
img_5186-jpg.88386

Does anyone know what this tall tower with the posts sticking out is? It kinda looks like it could hold speakers or parade lighting? I noticed they only have two of them in this one spot so I was wondering if they're going to add a stage or something....
Or birds sit there.

CDavid

Please no! Flame Tree already attracts wayy to much "wild life" as it is. Disney needs to put up signs saying "No feeding the wildlife" in every language!

We wouldn't ever feed the wild life, but Mom did like to feed the tame birds which would come around our table. ;)

Really, they weren't hardly scared at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom