WORLD OF COLOR CELEBRATE! - Photos/Video, Reviews & Thoughts

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
The all-new World of Color - Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney has its first performance on May 20 for its media premiere. Public performances begin May 22 during the 24 hour kick-off event. Post any pictures, videos, reviews, etc. here!

World+of+Color+Celebrate!+Concept+Art+1.png

TP2000

While Paint The Night is the one that will have everyone talking this weekend, and Disneyland Forever will be the big WOW! addition, I think World of Color Celebrate! will be the sleeper hit of the Diamond Celebration.

This one has so much potential, and the World of Color artistic platform always impresses Disney fans or casual visitors alike. This is the show that I think locals and AP's will discover later in June and fall in love with it. I have every faith that Steve Davison and team have taken the last five years of World of Color operation, upgrades and knowledge and will take the World of Color concept into a whole different league. It helps that they apparently spent a nice chunk of money upgrading the 2010 infrastructure and adding a bunch of new water, projection and special effects elements.

With a fresh storyline, heavy on Walt and Mickey but framed through a contemporary lens with Neil Patrick Harris as host, World of Color Celebrate! is going to take the already excellent World of Color experience to soaring new heights. A sleeper hit, to be sure!

sponono88

I already love this more than the current show.

It's amazing to see how the show has evolved in these past couple of years. If you compare to the very original WoC, it looks so outdated compared to all the new effects and lighting they've added. The new projection on Mickey is a relatively small addition but it looks like it adds so much as a backdrop to the show.

can't wait to see the full thing. now the question is, should i wait to see it in person next week or watch it first via the livestream..

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
It's amazing to see how the show has evolved in these past couple of years. If you compare to the very original WoC, it looks so outdated compared to all the new effects and lighting they've added. The new projection on Mickey is a relatively small addition but it looks like it adds so much as a backdrop to the show.

can't wait to see the full thing. now the question is, should i wait to see it in person next week or watch it first via the livestream..

Well that problem will be solved for you since there is no live stream for WOC. :) It's only for PTN and Forever tomorrow night - unless they air WOC during the 24 hour party on Friday night.

sponono88

Well that problem will be solved for you since there is no live stream for WOC. :) It's only for PTN and Forever tomorrow night - unless they air WOC during the 24 hour party on Friday night.

Ah, forgot about that.! Still, I probably will watch it when it hits youtube. I'm impatient!

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
Just left the performance. Sadly it's not very good, IMO. The Marvel segment was cut completely. Let It Go awkwardly pops up midway through and it's the only whole song from a film. Some nice Walt moments. But it definitely feels like an executive took a hatchet to it.

Neil is not effervescent - if anything, he comes off kind of stiff. Despite all this - it's still a beautiful show. World of Color can't help but be that. Some very impressive new effects.

Let It Go sounded to my ear like a newly arranged version of the original 2013 Winter Dreams orchestration, rather than the movie soundtrack (as in Winter Dreams 2014), but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom