Star Wars Weekends returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios for 2015

Flight Safety

What she said. You can see them during their interview shows and the motorcade at 11am. Its basically the same thing they did last year with Mark Hamill.

That's pretty lame! What show(s) are you referring to? I only know of the ones listed on the website, none of which say anything about Ian.

So who WILL be signing this weekend?

Where did you obtain this information? Just curious cause I've tried to stay on top of this as this is the first time I will be doing Star Wars weekends since 2010, and I wanted to plan things out. I don't understand how Disney expects anyone to be able to plan anything when they have so little information available, and these days if you want to do anything there you have to plan way ahead.

Ignohippo

Really!? Our passes expire the weekend before Oz is there and we were going to renew just to get his autograph. If he isn't signing, we aren't going.

PhotoDave219

Could you imagine the law suit if it fell... That is why the lawyers are always dictating policy these days in all business.... My employees sign so many forms these days that the sharks make us fill out it is sad. I open a new store and they walk through you need this think this add that... Just so you don't get sued.

Well for this last season of the NBA… Probably the last season I'll work… Anyone who is putting a remote camera in the rafters was required to carry at least $1 million in liability insurance. And yes, you had to show them your paperwork.

Everything that goes above anyone's head's has to have at least one if not multiple safety cables on it. Nothing can ever come down.

Disney and the rigging? Of course they are going to over Rig. There is way too much at stake. Anyone who works in that industry knows that there are no shortcuts.

drew81

If you have a picture I could make a little bit more of an educated opinion, but I think @PhotoDave219 is correct.

With only 2 connection points, 1 point failing will result in the screen falling at least to a point where the final line is holding up a single corner.

With three connection points, 1 point can fail and the screen would most likely note even move as it still has 2 connection points. Also, depending on where that third point is (this is where a picture would help) can add lateral stability.

Agreed. I am sure it is due to safety and the amount of time it will be flown. I remember back in the day when Tarzan Rocks had moving truss and motors that came up and down throughout the show. I heard Safety didn't like that and cut some of the ideas proposed.

Usually on a tour that small of piece going up would require 2 one ton motors.

punkabella

Rebel Lounge reservations are open again and it'll be done from May 15th thru June 14th everyday.
Thank you, yulilin! We were able to get a spot on the 18th! I think I'm excited just to be able to see the themed foods and try a few! I'm such a kid I may end up with the lightsaber meal (mini corndogs). I'll be the one craning my neck staring at everyone else's plates.

John Fowler

That's pretty lame! What show(s) are you referring to? I only know of the ones listed on the website, none of which say anything about Ian.

So who WILL be signing this weekend?

Where did you obtain this information? Just curious cause I've tried to stay on top of this as this is the first time I will be doing Star Wars weekends since 2010, and I wanted to plan things out. I don't understand how Disney expects anyone to be able to plan anything when they have so little information available, and these days if you want to do anything there you have to plan way ahead.

Its on the official Disney Blog. Amy Allen, Tiya Sircar, and I believe Ashley Exckstein will be singing this weekend. The official Star Wars Weekends page has all the listed guests that weekend.

PhotoDave219

Hamill wanted to do signings but the interest would have been so big he wouldn't then have had time to do the other things they wanted him for same for Ian and Frank this year.

Not quite. I talked to my bothan spies about this last summer....

Mr. Hamill charges for autographs at other conventions/appearances. I watched one of his business associates stop him from trying to sign during Saturday appearance up by the hat, after the processional. Essentially its in his contract that if he signs, he gets paid for those.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Mr. Hamill charges for autographs at other conventions/appearances. I watched one of his business associates stop him from trying to sign during Saturday appearance up by the hat, after the processional. Essentially its in his contract that if he signs, he gets paid for those.
And her charges quite a pretty penny for them. No less than a C-note each from what I hear.

PhotoDave219

And her charges quite a pretty penny for them. No less than a C-note each from what I hear.

Yeah. Apparently he did sign the rope line the Friday post-parade and then they stopped that in a hurry.

I photographed the friday from the shade at Crossroads of the world, Saturday I went for the rope line in case he did again.

Cant blame him. Its lucrative.

gmajew

Premium Member

BOOOO that is just bad behavior.... These stars should be thrilled to these fans. Just like sports stars Remember it is the fans that make you and break you. Treat them right especially when you are at a function that dictates it. I get being out to dinner with family but come on at an event sign the damn card

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah. Apparently he did sign the rope line the Friday post-parade and then they stopped that in a hurry.

I photographed the friday from the shade at Crossroads of the world, Saturday I went for the rope line in case he did again.

Cant blame him. Its lucrative.
Nor can I. From what I understand, the guy pulls 6 figures a year just for signing autographs.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
BOOOO that is just bad behavior.... These stars should be thrilled to these fans. Just like sports stars Remember it is the fans that make you and break you. Treat them right especially when you are at a function that dictates it. I get being out to dinner with family but come on at an event sign the damn card
While I like the ones that do that, I do not fault those that do not.

His autograph has value and no one should be made to give something of value away.

PhotoDave219

Not if you can get $100 an autograph.

And its not just him, he's got a business to run. And in this case it was his business people who were playing the bad guy.

Ignohippo

Not if you can get $100 an autograph.

And its not just him, he's got a business to run. And in this case it was his business people who were playing the bad guy.

I've never seen Frank Oz at any kind of convention (and I wouldn't think he'd need the money), so I imagine he simply doesn't do the autograph thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom