CSR room rehab coming soon

Buzz2001

Original Poster
I can't announce the room details for fear of what happened to Tikiman but when they begin the rehab, they will close the building completely so it will not effect you during your stay. I was there during the 2009 rehab and you really won't notice anything unless you walk by a building being worked on.

bethram

Any idea when they are rehabbing the business class building? We have reservations for late November and I am curious if we will see any changes since we stayed there this past October. Thanks!

NiarrNDisney

Do you know if there will be any restaurant changes and or possible additions to the resorts dining and entertainment line up?

Last edited:

Buzz2001

Original Poster
Starting tomorrow, La Vida Health Club and Beauty Salon will be closed 5/18/2015 - 6/19/2015 for a rehab. I believe its a total redo. I wonder what changes will be coming?

Buzz2001

Original Poster
Posted by Tikiman

"I feel like the supporters of my web site and Facebook page deserve an explanation as to what happened last week. I have struggled through the weekend on how I go about explaining without explaining too much. I wrote up a long description of what happened and what has been going on for many years that lead to my decision to no longer post unofficial information. I could not think of a good way to explain what is happening behind the scenes at the resort that brought me to this decision. Every way I wrote the story would have had major ramifications for people at Disney. Some of those people are the ones that want me shut down. My sources are all over Disney including in positions higher than anyone at the resort. Ironically the people at Disney that still have the true Disney spirit and philosophy are the ones that unofficially tell me to keep doing what I am doing. They know that my page gets a lot of visibility and they know how many of you out there watch everything that goes on at the resort. My page has become a place for all this info to be shared but some don’t like us keeping such a close eye on things.

My intentions when sharing as much as I can is to keep the guests informed. There is much I don’t share because I am asked not to. Unfortunately there are some that are not happy with all that I share and I have made the decision to try and work towards a better relationship with those people. I am still going to give an honest opinion of things but I am going to let Disney tell you what is going to happen and when. Unfortunately we can see how inconsistent your answers from Disney are. I’ve always tried my best to take all the heads-up info I get and turn it into what I believe is going to happen but some staff at the Polynesian would like to be the ones to tell guests what the official answer is and for me to stop giving out information. I am willing to give that a try so that we can all get along better.

I still have my sources and they are welcome to continue to let me know what is going on but for now I will not be sharing that information publicly on my pages. I will continue to update my site with new history info and current details about the resort…at least for a couple more years.

If there are photos or observations you would like to share with my page you are welcome to post it or send it to me to post. If you ask me questions about what is coming or when something will be done I will not be answering any of those things publicly.

If someone sends me photos of construction going on around the resort I will share it but not comment on what it is because officially its not happening.

Hopefully Disney and I can work together to help guests and give guests a better appreciation for what the Polynesian resort is. If I find that we can’t work together than I will reevaluate things. Maybe someday if I am done with the site it will make a good tell all book of how things work behind the scenes at one of Disney’s most iconic resorts. I guarantee it is a heck of a story."

Buzz2001

Original Poster
Casita 4 will be the first building closed for rehab. After the spa/salon rehab is complete, it will move to the rooms in casita 4.

SosoDude

Any hint at what this rehab might include? I heard a rumor of tubs removed and showers installed. Just a rumor I guess but that would be nice. Can't wait until this November when we get to experience CSR for the first time!

HolleBolleGijs

To date they have not yet started the room rehab, just the renovations to the spa/salon/fitness center.

Question for you. I'll be there mid-October, a few days before the construction is supposed to finish up. Will there be any noticeable construction on site, or is it just supposed to be guest rooms at that point? Any areas I should stay away from?

Last edited:

Buzz2001

Original Poster
It is still up in the air but it will not be noticeable. Once they begin they will close the building being worked on

surfsupdon

Good. I just returned. Coronado gets a bleh from me.

Drainage problems - sink did not drain day 1, this was fixed. Shower did not drain unless you manually held the drain open. Bottom shower spicket had a steady drip. Would need to manually open drain before bed so you did not hear the incessant 'drip drip' similiar to the bat cave. Tub had to be emptied a few times each day.

These issues were phoned down on day 1 and only the sink fixed. Days 2 and 3 I called again but the shower was never fixed. Wasn't offered another room either. Embarrassing.

For me it wasn't a huge deal, because my family can get to Disney often, but if that room was a once-in-a-lifetime rack rate paying Guest WOW joke is on them!

Needless to say, I will not return to Coronado or recommend it to anyone. Not because of the room problems themselves, but because I was told the shower would be fixed and it never was, and because I was never offered another room. That, with the CMs on duty, is where the Resort failed.

MRGEFF

Rehab? But.. these are already some of the nicest rooms on Disney property. We stayed last year and absolutely loved it.
We agree. CSR is our favorite Moderate. Been there four times so far. We took our son's family there for their first visit in May 2015. They loved it. First time we've ever seen an alligator on property. That was a surprise. Very well themed and relaxing resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom