May the Fourth Star Wars Celebration at Disney's Hollywood Studios 2015

prberk

It always seemed to me that, if they were going to start Star Wars Weekends in May instead of the old June timeframe, they might as well start on May the Fourth. Just makes too much sense to me.

But maybe that is the problem....

On a side note, I thought my geek friends here might appreciate that I am in charge of a local organization at work that gets together several times a year for continuing education credits; and since our next conference will be held on May 4, I am tweaking it a little with some Star Wars references, to keep the geeks happy and the other people shaking their heads.

Hey, we are auditors and accountants. Plenty of geeks among our group. I will be curious to see whether the smiles outnumber the groans.

EDIT: I remembered it wrong. It used to be all in May, not June. Need to go back to that. Makes even more sense. Thanks, @mhead .

Last edited:

Furiated

With this becoming a regular thing, and being so close to the start of Star Wars Weekends, I wonder if they would look at something to try and tie the two together? Maybe adding an earlier SWW week, or adding a SW themed runDisney race to the in-between weekend.

chiefs11

With this becoming a regular thing, and being so close to the start of Star Wars Weekends, I wonder if they would look at something to try and tie the two together? Maybe adding an earlier SWW week, or adding a SW themed runDisney race to the in-between weekend.

That would make sense since going forward. The Expedition Everest run is that weekend, but this coming one is the final one. A new Star Wars run at WDW to coincide with future star wars land could be a cool replacement.

PhotoDave219

Notice that none of the races are held during the summertime months. You just cant have them in this humidity, you'll kill people.

They nearly did with a ToT 10 miler on a hot/humid night a few years back. RCES was very busy.

Furiated

Notice that none of the races are held during the summertime months. You just cant have them in this humidity, you'll kill people.

They nearly did with a ToT 10 miler on a hot/humid night a few years back. RCES was very busy.

Oh agreed. But the existing (and closing) Expedition Everest runDisney race is in early May. Seems like a SW race could be a good replacement.

Your point about the weather still stands though, the Everest one is what, a 5k plus scavenger hunt? How long of a race could you have this time of year there before the heat/humidity is just too oppressive to be enjoyable?

PhotoDave219

Oh agreed. But the existing (and closing) Expedition Everest runDisney race is in early May. Seems like a SW race could be a good replacement.

Your point about the weather still stands though, the Everest one is what, a 5k plus scavenger hunt? How long of a race could you have this time of year there before the heat/humidity is just too oppressive to be enjoyable?

I have to think its a safety issue. Even if you try and run it at 2am, the humidity will sap the most seasoned runner.

However.....

A Star Wars themed Everest-style scavenger hunt? Well now.... That would be excellent.

Texas84

Yep, 5K then scavenger hunt then party at AK until 0230. Saturday night May 2nd. A Star Wars combo replacement would be amazing. Looks like I'll be getting home late on May 4.

Texas84

I ran that one. End of September I think. The changing tents were just nasty. Since this is supposed to be a family board I'll stop right there. Turned right around and went to the air conditioned restroom nearby.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Except that RunDisney does a Star Wars Half Marathon at Disneyland in January every year. Not sure if they would want to do 2 SW themed races each year.

So the Everest Challenge this year is the last? I'm unable to do it this year and was hoping to participate next year. Darn. :(

Furiated

Except that RunDisney does a Star Wars Half Marathon at Disneyland in January every year. Not sure if they would want to do 2 SW themed races each year.

So the Everest Challenge this year is the last? I'm unable to do it this year and was hoping to participate next year. Darn. :(

I think there is demand to support a SW runDisney race on each coast. There was quite the outcry from WDW folks when the current race was announced for DLR.

It would be interesting if they ever did because I think this would be the first runDisney theme shared between coasts (correct me if I'm wrong).

This is all speculation anyways. But something to fill the gap between May the 4th and SWW seems like a great idea, and if any execs are reading, we like Dave's scavenger hunt idea. Or maybe hunt some bounties...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom