Little Mermaid received the DCA Updates

KLinder7

He is stuck on his stick... I hate how well you can see that btw.
I know what you mean. I really like the ride, and the improvements are welcomed just wish they would have plused the ride a little bit more from the start. TLM will always be one of my favorite movies.

RSoxNo1

The movement of Flounder swimming next to Ariell seems similar to the feet movement of Pooh as he flies around in Hunny Hunt. It's a small thing, but certainly appreciated.

Rescue Ranger

My favorite improvement is near the beginning where they added the fish in front of the "screen" port hole thing where Ariel & Flounder are at around 0:55.

I still enjoy the attraction for what it is. But for those clueless about it, the outside would definitely get my hopes up for something a lot more than what it offers inside the castle.

aladdin2007

My favorite improvement is near the beginning where they added the fish in front of the "screen" port hole thing where Ariel & Flounder are at around 0:55.

I still enjoy the attraction for what it is. But for those clueless about it, the outside would definitely get my hopes up for something a lot more than what it offers inside the castle.

I like that too.

Grumpy1973

The new plastic fish and starfish at the beginning (and a few more extras thrown here and there) are what I noticed right away as well, and the real hair on Ariel in the boat is new too right? To me it makes Eric's look even more like a helmet. I know these are minor things (like the dancing Ariel in the big room now is too dark and shadowed over), but Is it to much to ask to remove the disco ball since it isn't used now? That just looks lazy (I know, I know), just unbolt it and take it down.. It would look good hanging over the Yeti!

Kman101

Does it still seem plasticky and cheap?

Yes.

IMHO.

I was excited to see the ... refreshed? ... ride but it was still very meh to me. It looks better in the videos. I can still see the ugly ceiling. The show lights. It's just not very well done of a ride. I don't feel immersed at all. I can see the walls of the building ... I felt MORE taken out of the ride than I was before. It's still very plastic to me. The ending is, as always, lackluster (no one came off of it wowed and I even heard some remark about "that was the ending"). It's somewhat solid but could be much more than it is, even with the refurb, which, again, didn't leave me very impressed. It's WAY too bright in the ride now. I was so disappointed.

I was even disappointed with Ursula's section (didn't help the ride stopped, one of the eels had their eye not glowing, and I could see a huge black wall). Kiss The Girl remains the immersive part, IMO and the realistic hair makes a shockingly huge difference. I also dislike the descent "into the sea". Did that change? It wasn't for the better.

I feel more immersed when riding the one show scene with a bonus ending Seven Dwarfs Mine Train than I do the Little Mermaid.

Kman101

I rode Saturday night, and while the black lights were much better, you still see the walls and floor way too much. I kept looking down and going - well, there's the floor. I could get out now. Probably not even get run over.

Yep. I agree the black lights were much better but I felt completely taken out of the ride.

Castle Cake Apologist

Yes.

IMHO.

I was excited to see the ... refreshed? ... ride but it was still very meh to me. It looks better in the videos. I can still see the ugly ceiling. The show lights. It's just not very well done of a ride. I don't feel immersed at all. I can see the walls of the building ... I felt MORE taken out of the ride than I was before. It's still very plastic to me. The ending is, as always, lackluster (no one came off of it wowed and I even heard some remark about "that was the ending"). It's somewhat solid but could be much more than it is, even with the refurb, which, again, didn't leave me very impressed. It's WAY too bright in the ride now. I was so disappointed.

I was even disappointed with Ursula's section (didn't help the ride stopped, one of the eels had their eye not glowing, and I could see a huge black wall). Kiss The Girl remains the immersive part, IMO and the realistic hair makes a shockingly huge difference. I also dislike the descent "into the sea". Did that change? It wasn't for the better.

I feel more immersed when riding the one show scene with a bonus ending Seven Dwarfs Mine Train than I do the Little Mermaid.

All very valid points regarding the ride as a whole, except when it comes to Flotsam and Jetsam. They are intended to each have only one eye glowing, just as they appear in the film. Unless you mean that even the eye that should glow on one of them was burnt out, as in both eyes were not illuminated on one of the figures?

Though I must disagree with you that the black light makeover made the ride worse. It definitely helped things immensely, in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom