Can you have tattoos and work for Disney?

disneydiva72

Original Poster
I'm not moving to Orlando anytime soon, but I'm just curious because I know in the past you could not, but I was wondering if they have been lifted that rule since so many people now have them

I have 5 tats in all, but the most visable ones are the ones on my wrists.

LetsGoAgain

Yes. We were stopped by a CM who was going on and on about DH's tattoo on his shoulder. When DH told him he got it done at Love Hate Tattoos (aka Miami Ink) you would have thought we told him Jesus did the tattoo. The CM went nuts and started showing DH all of his tattoos. He had a Mickey tattoo on his shoulder. I am pretty sure he said that all of his tattoos had to be covered. He wanted one on his neck but said that wouldn't fly with the "big man". The guy was a riot and we totally didn't expect him to be so.... outgoing (??).

dani8706

During your interview, they would ask you if you have any tattoos that would not be covered by a one-piece bathing suit (I'm a girl, not sure what they ask guys..and no, I wasn't interviewing to be a lifeguard). Mine was totally covered so they didn't ask me any more beyond that. However, one of my roomies (in the College Program) had tattoos on both wrists, and had a role that she had to wear long sleeves every day that had tight elastic below the wrists. It really depends on your manager as to how strict you have the adhere to the Disney Look anyway.

megan0168

10834867_10152661178636647_9162630600998489371_o.jpg

So, I'm guessing that this tattoo would need to be covered in Attractions?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
10834867_10152661178636647_9162630600998489371_o.jpg

So, I'm guessing that this tattoo would need to be covered in Attractions?
It would need to be covered wherever you worked in Disney. Basically, you'd be relegated to wearing long sleeves year-round and probably a coverup under the long sleeves since it's so dark.

cat hem

My DD just interviewed for the DCP and one of the first questions they asked her was if she had any tattoos. If you do they have to be coved by a one piece swimsuit.

tinypersistence

I have a tattoo that's a bit larger than the one in the picture above on my ankle. I was honest with them in my interview and they placed me in a work location where the costume covered up the tattoo, so be honest with them! It's much easier to be honest at the risk of not being hired than to be hired and have a leader catch you and possibly term you! Whenever I would pick up shifts at other locations where the costume didn't cover my tattoo, I would use a Revlon Concealer Stick to cover the tattoo and powder and blush to conceal. I knew being a Theatre major would have some use. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom