Inside Out being the focal point on the (now defunct) Wonders of Life pavilion

Otterhead

YOU are not the boss. YOU may be OK with that but their are hundreds of people who are not ok with shoving cartoon tie-ins into Epcot Center.
Um, okay. Y'know, last time I checked, this is a place where people post opinions about stuff. You posted your opinion: that Epcot should have no movie tie-ins. I posted mine: that judicious, topical use of them can work well. I'm just some dude posting thoughts on a Disney board, so no, I'm definitely not the boss, you've got me there!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Technically, there is a Shrek-themed land at Universal Studios Singapore...

shrek-4d-adventure.png

.​

And to be fair the franchise was pretty popular for a land! But I don't think it'd stand out for Orlando's theme park though. I'm kind of shocked that the parks lost Nickelodeon in the parks.. They could easily create a very popular Nickelodeon themed land. Kind of shocked it hasn't replaced woody wood (seeing from a business point of view)!

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I totally disagree with this. Avatar would not fit in AK, if it were just a single attraction -- it really needs to be a land in order for it to make sense.

I didn't say that.. But whatever. Not really the point I was trying to make.

I don't like where this thread is goin. Can we get some people to get away from their computers to cool off and refresh their minds? :p

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Really marni? Well then -- by this logic, Avatar must be the greatest film ever made, and totally *not* awful. Avatar had a $300-$500 million dollar budget and grossed almost $3 Billion.

This was my point right here.. Avatarland was so critically acclaimed and so successful (despite your personal views on it) that it is receiving it's own land. Just like Harry potter. Or Jurassic park did.

Captain Neo

Really marni? Well then -- by this logic, Avatar must be the greatest film ever made, and totally *not* awful. Avatar had a $300-$500 million dollar budget and grossed almost $3 Billion.

Also, has anyone seen my Miami billion dollar theme park expose' piece???? It just vanished into thin air.

Really?

Wow, hundreds of people are not okay with this? Well, I guess that settles it, then. Disney should ban all cartoon tie in's -- so that millions of people can leave and hundreds of people can be happy at home on their computer.

The millions of people don't necessarily love tie ins and were probably going to visit regardless so that's kind of a weird statement to make. I think if a poll was taken here you would see the majority are not ok with cartoon tie ins

cheezbat

The millions of people don't necessarily love tie ins and were probably going to visit regardless so that's kind of a weird statement to make. I think if a poll was taken here you would see the majority are not ok with cartoon tie ins
If it fits I don't have a problem with it. Inside Out could work in Wonders of Life, but Frozen does not fit in Norway, and I don't like the Three Caballeros in Mexico either. Both of those take away from what the pavilions are supposed to do:educate guests on their countries. I don't learn anything about Mexico in the boat ride from Donald, and I'm betting the Frozen sisters won't be teaching me about Norway either.

Otterhead

I don't learn anything about Mexico in the boat ride from Donald, and I'm betting the Frozen sisters won't be teaching me about Norway either.
"El Rio del Tiempo" taught me that Mexico had a super crazy psychedelic history followed by cliff diving and guys following my boat trying to sell me stuff. The new ride doesn't teach me anything, either, but at least it uses characters extremely popular in Mexico -- Panchito was a Disney character created FOR Mexico, even. So I'm OK with them being featured there.

Also, here's what Maelstrom taught me about Norway:
• They have polar bears.
• Vikings!
• Trolls are jerks.
• An oil derrick!

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
And I Learned from O'Canada that Martin Short can't get guest to chuckle one bit......
maxresdefault.jpg

Still A Fun Movie tho....

My family and I always get a kick out of this movie! He's hilarious!!

I think the problem with the guests is that they'll start out in Mexico and then walk a mile (literally) to finally get to Canada and they're so tired.. They figure this "O' Canada" attraction will have a place to sit down and relax, but they end up having to stand which makes them more disappointed. On top of that probably too tired to laugh. d:

Wikkler

Cranium Command was all about a boy's organs and how his brain controls his bodily functions.

Inside Out is about a girl's emotions and memories.
Thanks for clearing that up, I haven't looked at the YouTube video in a while, but there are some basic similarities.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Cranium Command was all about a boy's organs and how his brain controls his bodily functions.

Inside Out is about a girl's emotions and memories.

I like to describe the show as how the mind "communicates" with the other parts of the body :)

Siren

I didn't say that.. But whatever. Not really the point I was trying to make.

I don't like where this thread is goin. Can we get some people to get away from their computers to cool off and refresh their minds? :p
Awww, I'm so sorry if I gave you the impression that I was upset. I know you were just kidding but we tend to speak truth in jest.

This was my point right here.. Avatarland was so critically acclaimed and so successful (despite your personal views on it) that it is receiving it's own land. Just like Harry potter. Or Jurassic park did.
Yeah, I guess I did miss your point, seems like we're on the same page.

It was a joke, I was just making light of the fact that you felt Disney should remove all cartoon tie-ins to appease hundreds of people. And, you really should brace yourself because the Frozen ride is on its way. I wonder how you are going to handle this -- okay, not really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom