Rob's (possibly) moving back to Orlando - aka buying a new car

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, something interesting happened. I've been interviewing for a job stateside - in california. For a much higher salary than what I'd earn in Florida.

An S4 would be nice.

But seriously... weekend car. A 240SX with an SR20 swap would be fun. As would one with an RB25 swap.

Daniel Johnson

An S4 would be nice.

But seriously... weekend car. A 240SX with an SR20 swap would be fun. As would one with an RB25 swap.
I see your a premium import fan... As I would also love a a 240 with a swap or a skyline for that matter! I don't know if those are readily available at carmax though!

flynnibus

Premium Member
I've never claimed to be American :p

Its ok, we also give everything away no matter what documents you hold or not! woohoo! ;) ;)

I'm driving a 5.0 pony now... dash and dart it does not... but man that power is addicting. Don't think I'd ever be satisfied with a little BRZ or something anymore. Without the thrill of being scared of breaking traction in 3rd gear at highway speeds... I'd miss that :)

Daniel Johnson

Its ok, we also give everything away no matter what documents you hold or not! woohoo! ;) ;)

I'm driving a 5.0 pony now... dash and dart it does not... but man that power is addicting. Don't think I'd ever be satisfied with a little BRZ or something anymore. Without the thrill of being scared of breaking traction in 3rd gear at highway speeds... I'd miss that :)
I can easily chirp the tires at highway speed. Forced induction is a Different kind of animal. I've had American v8s that were total tire smokers...while nice, it's not the same thing. I've auto crossed Mustangs, corvette, and camaros that couldn't stay with me. You have a lot of power, but until you go through and rework the whole suspension, you wont turn all that motor. Then again, a tuned and tested high value turboed car CAN hang with you in the end of a drag. My father in law races dirt track. He has a 90s Fox body that is putting out 325 horses, on a ported, tuned, and blueprinted naturally aspirated straight four. that thing eats any thing set next to it until you get into late models.

The compromise? I have another miata that is getting a slightly hot rodded 302 installed in the near future. It will be a drag car solely.

I appreciate the Mustangs being put on the road these days, the corvette too. I'm not impressed with the camaros and challengers. but, I won't drive any of them any more. to each his own!

flynnibus

Premium Member
I can easily chirp the tires at highway speed. Forced induction is a Different kind of animal

I'm not talking chirping the tires... I'm talking all out fishtailing :) That kind of edgy due to raw grunt is addicting. The pilot sports I have on there now are a bit more grippy, but still... there is no mash the pedal.

I've had American v8s that were total tire smokers...while nice, it's not the same thing. I've auto crossed Mustangs, corvette, and camaros that couldn't stay with me. You have a lot of power, but until you go through and rework the whole suspension, you wont turn all that motor. Then again, a tuned and tested high value turboed car CAN hang with you in the end of a drag. My father in law races dirt track. He has a 90s Fox body that is putting out 325 horses, on a ported, tuned, and blueprinted naturally aspirated straight four. that thing eats any thing set next to it until you get into late models.

And I enjoyed passing 911s and M3s in my Z on the track too... but I wasn't saying my tire smoker was the winner on race day... simply that driving around town, its damn addicting and I don't think I could go back to a dash'n'dart car for a daily driver.

In my Z it was 'push it harder' in the 5.0, it's 'be scared' :)

Daniel Johnson

I'm not talking chirping the tires... I'm talking all out fishtailing :) That kind of edgy due to raw grunt is addicting. The pilot sports I have on there now are a bit more grippy, but still... there is no mash the pedal.

And I enjoyed passing 911s and M3s in my Z on the track too... but I wasn't saying my tire smoker was the winner on race day... simply that driving around town, its damn addicting and I don't think I could go back to a dash'n'dart car for a daily driver.

In my Z it was 'push it harder' in the 5.0, it's 'be scared' :)
I will agree...the grunt is pretty awesome.

Daniel Johnson

@mkt Seems the California carmax don't have a lot of 500 abarth, but, it has plenty of Porsche offerings...though sadly not at the same price as the mighty 500s. I got to drive a new Cayman S this afternoon, real cool car. And, used they can be had for under 30k. Also drove a s6. Also a cool car, but, just didn't have the same feel. I've always liked audis. A buddy in Colorado had a a8, which he told me he sold and is getting an s8. Amzing cars, They just don't stir me quite like a Porsche or a new m5.
Hope you will post what you finally get. And also glad you brought this subject up here...makes me hang wdwmagic more than other car pages!

Daniel Johnson

Drove a 2012 mini cooper s bayswater edition. My wife wants a mini cooper, so, I'm shopping around. The local dealer I dealer with has a John Cooper Works edition coming through for another customer He is going to let me drive next week...pretty fun cars!
IMG_20150329_003731_zpsxqjx0asn.jpg

Last edited:

StageFrenzy

Drove a 2012 mini cooper s bayswater edition. My wife wants a mini cooper, so, I'm shopping around. The local dealer I dealer with has a John Cooper Works edition coming through for another customer He is going to let me drive next week...pretty fun cars!
IMG_20150329_003731_zpsxqjx0asn.jpg
I love my Mini Cooper S, as my "fun" car nothing beats it. Except a visit to the chiropractor, if there is any curves in the road the Mini CANNOT be beat. Throw where you want it and it is there. If you manage to find any pot holes it will also be there and so will your lower C's. I have a 2013 S without the Nav and I feel it may be the right amount of tech that it won't be outdated or have smudged fingerprints all over the touchscreen in 5 years. Sometimes I wish I would have got a manual but then I sit in traffic for 40 so that thought goes out the window.

Daniel Johnson

I love my Mini Cooper S, as my "fun" car nothing beats it. Except a visit to the chiropractor, if there is any curves in the road the Mini CANNOT be beat. Throw where you want it and it is there. If you manage to find any pot holes it will also be there and so will your lower C's. I have a 2013 S without the Nav and I feel it may be the right amount of tech that it won't be outdated or have smudged fingerprints all over the touchscreen in 5 years. Sometimes I wish I would have got a manual but then I sit in traffic for 40 so that thought goes out the window.
That's how I feel about my miata. There isn't a twisty I won't ride...and I seem to eat every pot hole. Having the car on coilovers and 1.4 inches lower means I ride the bump stops....alot.
I've also never owned an auto car. I take that back, I had an old c10 with a 454 that the trans was so worn, there was no need to use the clutch. I drove it about 6 months with a automatic trans in it before I sold it to my brother...who wrapped it around a light pole in the rain.

I'm looking for an S for my wife. Finding an older one is hard, I want a 06 or older for the ease of computer upgrade and cheaper performance parts. She wants an auto....I'm trying to cchange her mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom