MK 24 hour party 2015 - Coolest Summer Ever

CaptainAmerica

#MonstrousSummer was the single worst experience I've ever had at a Disney park. I'm not one to criticize operations but they seemed totally and utterly unprepared. It's like they were surprised it was busy. Main Street was an absolute bottleneck. People were shouting, shoving, and cursing like I've never seen. Trash cans were overflowing everywhere. Complete nightmare.

punkabella

I was hoping this would be the weekend before when we would be there, but maybe that would be too much going on with the end of the Flower and Garden thing at Epcot and SWW beginning at DHS. Sounds like fun if we had been able to go to it, but I wouldn't go there during Memorial Day weekend as it is.. just sounds painfully busy.

PhotoDave219

#MonstrousSummer was the single worst experience I've ever had at a Disney park. I'm not one to criticize operations but they seemed totally and utterly unprepared. It's like they were surprised it was busy. Main Street was an absolute bottleneck. People were shouting, shoving, and cursing like I've never seen. Trash cans were overflowing everywhere. Complete nightmare.

It was not "Fun" by any stretch of the imagination.

The leap-year day, now that was fun. Probably because it was great weather. Just a giant locals & CP party.

Furiated

SO happy that it's back and they finally announced it! Always wanted to try this once and this was the first year I've been able to go. The only way I wanted to do it was if I could get a room at the Contemporary and be able to easily walk back to the room whenever I need a break. Had to book my DVC at BLT back in October hoping that it would be on the 22nd again.

So, any advice from people that have done this before? I plan on being there at opening and closing, and as much as possible in between, resting at the room as needed.

CaptainAmerica

It was not "Fun" by any stretch of the imagination.

The leap-year day, now that was fun. Probably because it was great weather. Just a giant locals & CP party.
Lol. A CP party isn't my idea of fun, either. I was only "local" for ~3 years but CPs always struck me as the worst type of guest. Know-it-alls about Disney, loudly talking about "backstage" in their street clothes and brandishing their Cast ID for the whole world to see how cool they are. They always seemed to be especially profane (sexual and/or drunken exploits seemingly their only known topics of conversation). I think CPs are largely responsible for a lot of the problems people have with what Downtown Disney and the Food and Wine festival have become.

GymLeaderPhil

I felt a disturbance in the force. It's as if a million Cast Members suddenly put in a request to have the day off were suddenly silenced.
obi.jpg

PhotoDave219

Lol. A CP party isn't my idea of fun, either. I was only "local" for ~3 years but CPs always struck me as the worst type of guest. Know-it-alls about Disney, loudly talking about "backstage" in their street clothes and brandishing their Cast ID for the whole world to see how cool they are. They always seemed to be especially profane (sexual and/or drunken exploits seemingly their only known topics of conversation). I think CPs are largely responsible for a lot of the problems people have with what Downtown Disney and the Food and Wine festival have become.

I agree with all of this. I have my own stories from the pleasure Island days and they just are not suitable for publication on here.

Quackerjack

We just happen to be going May 20-30. Guess we can check it out. Will this affect the other parks in anyway? Longer hours, less/more busy than usual at this time?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Where on the blog does it say annual? I have to assume they must make out pretty well financially so it wouldn't totally surprise me, I just can't seem to find it in the blog post.

60 hrs would have been wild. I assume they decided they just didn't want to deal with the logistics?

I mis-read "the traditional kickoff to summer" as annual - never mind

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom