Disney Springs construction begins

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I am getting ready for a week trip to Walt Disney World and will be spending time at Disney Springs just to check out the construction. The details of what we have seen so far is great.

NeXuS1000

I think this new river cutting between the Town Center and the Landing is going to make a huge difference, and e.g. Raglan Road seems like it will benefit greatly from it.

dstrawn9889

I think this new river cutting between the Town Center and the Landing is going to make a huge difference, and e.g. Raglan Road seems like it will benefit greatly from it.
how would it be any different than it was before, right on the waterway?
raglan_zpsroxlq8eq.png

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, Feb 6. Construction walls reappeared last week around the planters near the Harley Davidson store. Workmen were installed more permanent vegetation (palm trees).

IMG_4769.JPG

IMG_4758.JPG

This two-story building across the old parking lot near Buena Visa Drive was being demolished today. Later in the morning, the second story was gone.

IMG_4759.JPG

IMG_4761.JPG

On the back side of The Boathouse, work continues on painting the shingled wall facing Fulton's Crab House to look "weathered."

IMG_4768.JPG

Inside the World of Disney Store, the red curtain wall across the back three rooms has been raised in one room to reveal a temporary wall for merchandise display. A cast member said this temporary wall will allow construction crews to remove the old external wall and add three new "rooms" to the building, as well as an expanded stock room.

IMG_4763.JPG

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Photo update as of Friday, Feb 6. Construction walls reappeared last week around the planters near the Harley Davidson store. Workmen were installed more permanent vegetation (palm trees).

View attachment 81766

View attachment 81767

This two-story building across the old parking lot near Buena Visa Drive was being demolished today. Later in the morning, the second story was gone.

View attachment 81768

View attachment 81772

On the back side of The Boathouse, work continues on painting the shingled wall facing Fulton's Crab House to look "weathered."

View attachment 81770

Inside the World of Disney Store, the red curtain wall across the back three rooms has been raised in one room to reveal a temporary wall for merchandise display. A cast member said this temporary wall will allow construction crews to remove the old external wall and add three new "rooms" to the building, as well as an expanded stock room.

View attachment 81771

As always, thank you very much for the flow of photo updates!

jkpmac

I was going to ask how to make the 3D picture look 3D, then I realized it worked like those images they had in the Saturday comics in some newspapers, you stare at it and sort of cross your eyes and it becomes 3D. Headache warning don't stare too long!

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, Feb 15. Sound Lion opened this week, here are a couple of photos.

IMG_4813.JPG

IMG_4811.JPG

The "other half" of Disney Springs construction has gone vertical. Located in the old parking lot, this concrete block wall is going up. This wall is opposite T-Rex Cafe and Raglan Road.

IMG_4831.JPG

IMG_4815.JPG

Two window signs for Havaianas have appeared on this building opposite Chapel Hats. There is a palm tree visible inside the door, not seen here.

IMG_4819.JPG

For those fans of the World of Disney store, you may want to avert your eyes. The Buena Visa Drive (parking lot) side of the store is being taken down, showing the interior temporary wall, in preparation for an expansion into the old parking lot. Three more rooms will be added along the back wall.

IMG_4827.JPG

IMG_4828.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom