Disney Springs construction begins

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Photo update as of Monday, Jan 12. One building's façade on the narrow street between Portobello's and The Boathouse now has construction walls, in preparation for it's tenant. The window coverings have been removed and are open now. This building is directly behind Portobello's.

View attachment 79256

This is going to be Havaianas shoes.

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

New construction wall with art posters between the World of Disney and Lego stores. The wall blocks access to the public restrooms on the side of the Disney store. Could this art be a view of future Disney Springs?

IMG_4493.JPG

IMG_4494.JPG

A bonus photo, Thursday, Jan 15. The MetLife blimp over World of Disney store.

IMG_4495.JPG

Last edited:

flyerjab

New construction wall with art posters between the World of Disney and Lego stores. The wall blocks access to the public restrooms on the side of the Disney store. Could this art be a view of future Disney Springs?

View attachment 79535

View attachment 79536

A bonus photo, Thursday, Jan 15. The MetLife blimp over World of Disney store.

View attachment 79534

Interesting. That is the 2nd piece of DS concept art that has a large riverboat out in the water.

mm121

Interesting. That is the 2nd piece of DS concept art that has a large riverboat out in the water.

is fultons built as a boat or as a building made to look like a boat?

assuming the later, but if its the former they could make it move, but i know that would be super far fetched

G00fyDad

The art that showed the boat "out in the water" was just a super representation of a scene. It was more of a feeling of what that area would be like and not a factual representation of the area to come.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The art that showed the boat "out in the water" was just a super representation of a scene. It was more of a feeling of what that area would be like and not a factual representation of the area to come.
Agreed. The problem with concept art is that sometimes people take it way too literally. Like when the 7D mine train didn't cross a "log bridge" people were upset.

flyerjab

Agreed. The problem with concept art is that sometimes people take it way too literally. Like when the 7D mine train didn't cross a "log bridge" people were upset.

I didn't expect that to come to fruition, believe me. I just thought it was interesting how that popped up like that. However, it is fun to dream about the possibilities at times. :D

WDWtraveler

Photo update, as of Sunday, Jan 18. Copper awnings were installed over two doorways on the building in the passage between Portobello's and Raglan Road.

IMG_4531.JPG

(And the scaffolding is removed from the The Boathouse's tower. See additional photos in the thread for The Boathouse.)

IMG_4530.JPG

These planters next to Harley Davidson were finished before the holidays, and the plants were removed recently. Two construction "boxes" have appeared, perhaps for something more permanent?

IMG_4534.JPG

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Jan 29. As reported on Jan 18, the temporary construction "boxes" in the planters near the Harley Davidson store have been removed and reveal two light fixtures with a design not seen elsewhere. Note that the base of the light poles display "Disney Springs" even though this is considered part of West Side.

IMG_4582.JPG

IMG_4581.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Jan 20. The Art of Shaving store is probably within days of opening. The windows and door are now visible and the leftmost window has been frosted/etched with the words "Barber Spa." I just happened to be there when a cast member opened the door and the displays are already set up inside.

IMG_4584.JPG

IMG_4583.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom