Tickets to Magic Bands

sbkline

Original Poster
We are staying offsite from May 24-June 3. I ordered our tickets last week, along with memory maker, and they came in the mail a couple days ago. I just got the cards, not magic bands. But if I decide that we need magic bands, to I just need to present all of the cards at a ticket booth, trade them in and pay the difference?

Besides the convenience of having our tickets on wristbands vs having to whip out my wallet every time to get the tickets out, is it necessary to have the magic bands? I do not need the room key feature or the dining plan feature, as we are staying offsite, but do I absolutely NEED a magic band in order to get all of my pictures?

SamandChel

I would get at least one magic band. If you buy a magic band a Disney employee will link everything for you. You cannot pay with the magic band unless you have a hotel room since it is considered a room charge. You can use it for memory maker, fastpass+, and ur park tickets. It's ur call on how many you get. If you have kids the magic bands do make it easier with them I feel and they really like them.

U can do all of this with a memory maker card and a park ticket but I think the magic bands are a lot easier since its on your wrist and no need to pile everyone's tickets back after going through the line.

HRHPrincessAriel

We are staying offsite from May 24-June 3. I ordered our tickets last week, along with memory maker, and they came in the mail a couple days ago. I just got the cards, not magic bands. But if I decide that we need magic bands, to I just need to present all of the cards at a ticket booth, trade them in and pay the difference?

Besides the convenience of having our tickets on wristbands vs having to whip out my wallet every time to get the tickets out, is it necessary to have the magic bands? I do not need the room key feature or the dining plan feature, as we are staying offsite, but do I absolutely NEED a magic band in order to get all of my pictures?
You don't! If I was staying off site I wouldn't purchase. To me one of the biggest a pluses was for when I was paying for something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom