Flame Tree Barbecue closing for extensive remodel at Disney's Animal Kingdom

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, Nov 24. Even before the announcement that Flame Tree Barbecue was closing for a rehab, there has been construction next door, adding onto the building. Here is a view of the color and detail for that building. The photo is taken approaching Flame Tree Barbecue from the Dinoland bridge.

IMG_4016.JPG

Bolt

Photo update as of Monday, Nov 24. Even before the announcement that Flame Tree Barbecue was closing for a rehab, there has been construction next door, adding onto the building. Here is a view of the color and detail for that building. The photo is taken approaching Flame Tree Barbecue from the Dinoland bridge.

View attachment 74960
Loving so much happening at DAK

omurice

That permit and the recent photos would seem to confirm we're getting two very distinct locations with some shared outdoor seating. An enhanced Flame Tree, and something new with a little covered or indoor seating (probably a BAR), with overflow sharing outdoor seating with Flame Tree.

And on a more cynical note, how else can they make "fat Epcot-stacks" at AK unless they sell booze before/during a nighttime show without adding some barstools? ;)

MattOrk

I worked here when the park was brand new. Real shame I'll be visiting when it is closed in January.

The nicest part, besides the kick bbq, was the seating areas. I hope they will use the same level of detail and artistry with the new incarnation.

Good think I can make all the original recipes at home.

MickeyPeace

I also am used to indo/chinese fusion as that is the bulk of what is available in our company cafeteria and I tend to seek out the restaurants where I am the only pale face there, I find Yak and Yeti to be poorly seasoned and poorly prepared compared to the authentic foods from India and China.

I do NOT like 'Americanized' Indian and Chinese foods - the spicing is just WRONG not talking about hot although that plays a part in some dishes but the spicing and preparation is just off.

My recommendation is to ALWAYS speak to one of the HUMANS serving you the food. I've asked about food that is not listed on the menu the past 3 times I've eaten at Yak and Yeti (which I love and have featured in my videos). It is always much better. This year they served me something that the staff can eat if they choose to. I believe this was chicken tikka masala. It was perfectly seasoned, served with rice and naan and a huge serving. The server told me they may add it to the menu. They should but they probably don't because many guests are not knowledgable about food like you and me. I told her it was delicious and the best dish I had eaten at Yak and Yeti. We talked for quite a while :)

My point is always ask servers questions and be willing to go off the menu. They have plenty of options that are more delicious and healthier. I've also gotten steamed fish instead of fried many times.

Here is the chicken tikka masala I ordered off the menu at Yak and Yeti. I was perfectly spiced and delicious.
IMG_9033.jpg

The Duck

My recommendation is to ALWAYS speak to one of the HUMANS serving you the food. I've asked about food that is not listed on the menu the past 3 times I've eaten at Yak and Yeti (which I love and have featured in my videos). It is always much better. This year they served me something that the staff can eat if they choose to. I believe this was chicken tikka masala. It was perfectly seasoned, served with rice and naan and a huge serving. The server told me they may add it to the menu. They should but they probably don't because many guests are not knowledgable about food like you and me. I told her it was delicious and the best dish I had eaten at Yak and Yeti. We talked for quite a while :)

My point is always ask servers questions and be willing to go off the menu. They have plenty of options that are more delicious and healthier. I've also gotten steamed fish instead of fried many times.

Here is the chicken tikka masala I ordered off the menu at Yak and Yeti. I was perfectly spiced and delicious.
View attachment 77871
Looks great!

HRHPrincessAriel

View attachment 77871
That looks divine. I'll have to order next time I'm in AK!

FigmentForver96

View attachment 77871
Just ask for off menu items then? Whelp guess I know what to do when I'm at AK next time.

EdC

View attachment 77871

Dang, think I know where we're going in Jan/Feb. Thanks for the pic!

Cesar R M

Is there another Yak and Yeti I'm not aware of? Granted I've only been there once (About 6 months after it opened), but it was perhaps one of the most expensive, mediocre meals I've had at WDW. But I would expect nothing less from Landry's.
went there last year, The food was pretty decent.

MarkTwain

Perhaps my memory's faulty, but didn't Flame Tree used to include cornbread with most of the meals? We were surprised we didn't receive any during our visit a few days ago, but maybe we were thinking of somewhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom