Disney Springs construction begins

WDWtraveler

Disney Springs construction photo update as of Friday, Nov 28.

A close up of the new street lamps in the just opened street.

IMG_4063.JPG

The pier / deck at the Marketplace across from The Co-Op now has the edge band around the perimeter, better defining the shape and size of the structure.

IMG_4064.JPG

flyerjab

Disney Springs construction photo update as of Friday, Nov 28.

A close up of the new street lamps in the just opened street.

View attachment 75277

The pier / deck at the Marketplace across from The Co-Op now has the edge band around the perimeter, better defining the shape and size of the structure.

View attachment 75278

As an FYI, I spent the afternoon in the emerging DS. I think what they are doing to the former DTD looks better each time I see you photo updates. Now having visited in person, I am anxious to see the final product. When finished, The Boathouse is really going to be a big draw for this area. It looks big in photos, but it is that much larger in person.

The new high line structures look nice and will definitely help on the hotter days. Oh yeah, the silver painted railings really detract from the rest of the structure...just kidding. ;)

The food truck area was great. There was a truck with Indian food that looked exceptionally tasty (the food, not the truck).

Overall, the brick walkways and storefronts of The Landing are very well done. I cannot wait to see the rest of this area.

MarkTwain

I think the high line rails look great and are a great concept, but one thing I find interesting is how they tend to block the signage for stores on the other side of the "street". Makes it a bit harder to immediately identify what stores are across the way without actually crossing the street. I wonder how the businesses there feel about that; usually they're very sensitive to such things.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think the high line rails look great and are a great concept, but one thing I find interesting is how they tend to block the signage for stores on the other side of the "street". Makes it a bit harder to immediately identify what stores are across the way without actually crossing the street. I wonder how the businesses there feel about that; usually they're very sensitive to such things.
Good question. I wonder if that's why it's only a few small sections of track instead of a length of connected "track" running down the whole street.

Kosmo1986

I am really excited for all the changes from DTD to DS but I wish we were seeing more stores, not just more restaurants. I am glad that it seems they are working on way to alleviate the congestion walking around.

NeXuS1000

I am really excited for all the changes from DTD to DS but I wish we were seeing more stores, not just more restaurants. I am glad that it seems they are working on way to alleviate the congestion walking around.

More stores will come later; The Landing is all about dining experiences, whereas the Town Center (the completely new area) is all about shops.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Dec 4, 2014. As planned, the bridge (between Paradiso 37 and The Hangar) to the water taxis is closed at this end. Bridge access to the water taxis is available next to the Characters in Flight balloon.

IMG_4124.JPG

As planned, access to parking near Raglan Road is closed, as construction crews were removing the asphalt this week. This passage is now the only access to the main dining room at Raglan Road, a little off the beaten path.

IMG_4125.JPG

For those interested in what is going on behind Planet Hollywood, this was taken over the old Pleasure Island bridge, hidden by the construction wall. At left are the buildings of Pleasure Island. Planet Hollywood is off to the right of this photo.

IMG_4136.JPG

Last edited:

mm121

Good question. I wonder if that's why it's only a few small sections of track instead of a length of connected "track" running down the whole street.

once the lawyers stopped access to the small portion, they really should have expanded it to connect the sections.

from the beginning they could have connected the sections and then incorporated acccess points to the high line from starbucks (they could of made it 2 stories) then give the elevator access from food truck park for ada compliance, then access from bongos and the bowling place.

then there would be less chance of too big of a crowd congregating up there with the possibility for people to get trapped/trampled

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Fair point. I just hope that the rest of DS doesn't turn out to look the same.
Most of it doesn't. The marketplace and west side already both look very different from that concept art for the Town Center and the parts of The Landing that are done look pretty different too. I think each section will have a unique "look" with the overall backstory trying to tie it all together.

WDWtraveler

Miscellaneous photo updates as of Saturday, Dec 6. Behind Planet Hollywood, taken from the top of the Pleasure Island bridge. The form for the curved concrete retaining wall is on the left, which will lead from the upper level to the lower level of Town Center.

IMG_4153.JPG

The following view taken from same location, but looking left. The existing buildings on the upper level are on the left, behind the green construction wall.

IMG_4148.JPG

Ground clearing behind Once Upon A Toy building. Not sure what is going on here. Perhaps has to do with road construction and intersection of Hotel Plaza and Buena Visa Drive. The construction walls have been up for some time.

IMG_4133.JPG

IMG_4132.JPG

Last edited:

roj2323

Miscellaneous photo updates as of Saturday, Dec 6. Behind Planet Hollywood, taken from the top of the Pleasure Island bridge. The form for the curved concrete retaining wall is on the left, which will lead from the upper level to the lower level of Town Center.

View attachment 75873

The following view taken from same location, but looking left. The existing buildings on the upper level are on the left, behind the green construction wall.

View attachment 75874

Ground clearing behind Once Upon A Toy building. Not sure what is going on here. Perhaps has to do with road construction and intersection of Hotel Plaza and Buena Visa Drive. The construction walls have been up for some time.

View attachment 75876

View attachment 75877

On the latest map the area behind Once upon a toy is a bus/ taxi route. looks like there might be a pedestrian overpass going in as well (blue lines)

DS.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom