Christmas - what's your favourite...............

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
Film - Its a Wonderful Life, or, Miracle on 34th Street.

Song - A Fairytale of New York (The Pogues), or, I Believe in Father Christmas (Greg Lake).

alissafalco

Film-March of the Wooden Soldiers

Song- George Michael, last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day you gave it away..( I don't know the name of the song)

Last edited:

Lucky

Film - A Christmas Story

Song - don't know the title but it starts out something like "chestnose roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your..." Wait, that can't be right. :oops:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
Song - don't know the title but it starts out something like "chestnose roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your..." Wait, that can't be right. :oops:
Its called The Christmas Song. The most popular version was sung by Nat King Cole.
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire,
Jack Frost nipping on your nose,

acishere

Film:
1. It's a Wonderful Life
2. Die Hard
3. Christmas Vacation

TV Specials:
1. A Charlie Brown Christmas
2. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
3. The Year Without A Santa Claus

Music:
1. The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole
2. War Is Over by John Lennon
3. Santa Claus is Coming to Town by Bruce Springsteen

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Film: White Christmas (I watch it about 5-6 times a season!)

Songs: Joy to the World, Hark the Herald Angels, and I am so Glad Each Christmas Eve (a Norwegian song).

OSUgirl77

Film: White Christmas

TV: Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas
Charlie Brown Christmas

Songs: White Christmas (Only when sung by Bing Crosby)
O Holy Night

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Film : Black and white version of Miracle on 34th street directed by George Seaton, with Maureen O'Hara, John Payne, Edmund Gwen

Music: Rob Halford's rendition of We Three Kings

FutureCEO

Movie: Love Actually (set around Christmas). If you really want a Christmas movie: Miracle on 34th and The Santa Clause

Music: Josh Groban, Wizzard – “I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day”, Slade – “Merry Xmas Everybody"

shuflemstr

I love Miracle on 34th Street

Favorite song: I LOVE Merry Christmas Mary by Paul Overstreet. I could never stop listening to that song

Nemo14

Film - a Christmas Story and It's a Wonderful Life
TV - Muppet's Family Christmas, Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, and Emmet Otter's Jugband
Music - I love all the old traditional carols- it wouldn't be Christmas to me without them, and I also like Mary Did You Know?

eeyoremum

Movie - Mary and Joseph: a story of faith

TV - I watch all the sappy made for TV Christmas movies, my kids are grown but I loved The Santa Claus Brothers

Music:

I saw three ships - Sting
Christmas day - Dido
I believe in Father Christmas - Greg Lake
Little drummer boy - Vienna Boys Choir
Do you see what I see
Anything by Trans Siberian Orchestra

new this year is a group called Straight No Chaser they do an amazing version of the 12 Days of Christmas

wdwfan4ver

Movies:
Christmas Story
It's a wonderful life
Miracle on 34th Street

Music:
Anything by Trans Siberian Orchestra
Anything from the Statler Brothers Christmas album Christmas Card.

Before someone asks me who the Statler Brothers are, they are a Legendary retired Country Music that is in the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Gospel Hall of Fame. The Statler Brothers won a lot Country Music awards backs in the 1970's and 1980's.

Last edited:

prberk

Film - a Christmas Story and It's a Wonderful Life
TV - Muppet's Family Christmas, Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, and Emmet Otter's Jugband
Music - I love all the old traditional carols- it wouldn't be Christmas to me without them, and I also like Mary Did You Know?

What she said!

By the way, have you ever heard (the soundtrack) or seen, "John Denver and the Muppets Christmas Special"? I loved the soundtrack forever.

I also like Amy Grant's original A Christmas Album, especially "Tennessee Christmas." I also like Ricky Skaggs and the Whites' A Skaggs Family Christmas album AND DVD. It is beautiful and brilliantly performed. I also like Vince Gill's Christmas album, especially "Let There Be Peace on Earth."

Also, I like Arthur Fiedler's version of Anderson's "Sleigh Ride" and "A Christmas Festival."

And a few more very special ones:
"Paper Angels" by Jimmy Wayne -- very meaningful tribute to the Angel Tree program, by a former recipient.
"Little Toy Trains" by Roger Miller -- yes the same Roger Miller who did Disney's Robin Hood soundtrack -- a beautiful, simple Christmas song that you will love if you try it.
"Pretty Paper" by Willie Nelson -- really makes you think.

Of course, the best of all is still "Silent Night," best done on a guitar, as it was originally done (when the organ famously was broken on that fateful Christmas Eve service).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom