This year's Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade will be based around 'Frozen'

tlking88

Heard from a crystal palace staff member the taping is from Saturday the 6th to Tuesday the 10th... As it was taping today and most thought it was on Monday and tuesday...

SwooshOU

Has anyone attended a parade taping day before? What time do they typically start? I know the park opens on Monday at 8AM. We would like to try to attend. Thanks for any tips or help you can give us for Monday.

CaptainShortty

Has anyone attended a parade taping day before? What time do they typically start? I know the park opens on Monday at 8AM. We would like to try to attend. Thanks for any tips or help you can give us for Monday.
Rehearsals and taping start very early in the morning and last all day. parade tickets I believe begin with times starting as early as 6/7am. Not sure exactly the time when I did it but I know it was pre-opening or right at opening and we weren't the first group in. If you get there at park open you'll be able to get a spot to watch them tape and stay all day. Major taping if I remember correctly goes until about 3/4pm.

And for all those that are questioning the dates, YES, the main taping days are Monday and Tuesday at WDW. They have begun taping other smaller segments already this weekend but if you're going to see the taping then you're going to want to be there Monday and Tuesday.

SwooshOU

Yeah, I was planning on getting there by 8am when the park opens. I guess I didn't realize that I had to get tickets for the parade... How do I go about getting them?

Tinkrbell

Yeah, I was planning on getting there by 8am when the park opens. I guess I didn't realize that I had to get tickets for the parade... How do I go about getting them?
Tickets were given to cast members you can still go without a ticket. The tickets just allow cast members to bring guests with them without it counting against their main gates

SwooshOU

Tickets were given to cast members you can still go without a ticket. The tickets just allow cast members to bring guests with them without it counting against their main gates

Oh, I see. So, we should be able to get to the viewing area without tickets. I hope this works out! We will have family in on Christmas day and I would love to be able for them to see us at the parade. How cool would that be?! :) Thanks!

Kman101

Is it normally four days of taping? I remember it being two days with two other days as back-ups, or am I remembering this wrong?

tlking88

Today (Saturday was for filming the NCA and NDA (cheer and dance) performances and so is tomorrow and Monday and Tuesday are the musical acts.. My mom says it may have to do with availability of the peformaers and Kristen bell who is the voice is Anna since it is frozen themed this year. But it is typically two days with it being on Friday and Saturday with Sunday as back up. The parade that is at 3 is at 5 pm on filming days.

Last edited:

cjk0318

Today (Saturday was for filming the NCA and NDA (cheer and dance) performances and so is tomorrow and Monday and Tuesday are the musical acts.. My mom says it may have to do with availability of the peformaers and Kristen bell who is the voice is Elsa since it is frozen themed this year. But it is typically two days with it being on Friday and Saturday with Sunday as back up. The parade that is at 3 is at 5 pm on filming days.

Kristen Belle is the voice of Anna

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I heard it was because Elsa's voice Idina Menzel is starring on Broadway and she couldn't take a weekend off so she is filming during the week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom