Disney Springs construction begins

WDWtraveler

Shaded park and seating area in front of T-Rex Café is open today. Photo updates as of Monday, Nov 24.

There are still construction walls around the end of the Causeway and lake shore, as well as some smaller areas, but now there is a short-cut between the Lego Store and T-Rex Café.

Looking from T-Rex towards the Lego Store:
IMG_3997.JPG

Looking along the lake shore construction wall towards T-Rex Café: (the Lego Store is to the left of this photo)
IMG_4001.JPG

The metal barricade in the background is around some newly poured concrete. Will probably be removed tomorrow.
IMG_3999.JPG

IMG_4002.JPG

IMG_4003.JPG

Last edited:

RayTheFirefly

Shaded park and seating area in front of T-Rex Café is open today. Photo updates as of Monday, Nov 24.

There are still construction walls around the end of the Causeway and lake shore, as well as some smaller areas, but now there is a short-cut between the Lego Store and T-Rex Café.

View attachment 74937

Looking along lake shore construction wall towards T-Rex Café: (the Lego Store is to the left of this photo)
View attachment 74938

The metal barricade in the background is around some newly poured concrete. Will probably be removed tomorrow.
View attachment 74939

View attachment 74940

View attachment 74941
That area looks so nice. Looks like a great place to sit with a beverage and people watch.

mm121

View attachment 74937

Looking along lake shore construction wall towards T-Rex Café: (the Lego Store is to the left of this photo)
View attachment 74938

View attachment 74939

View attachment 74940

View attachment 74941
what was here before?

anyone have any before pictures to compare?

NeXuS1000

mm121

WDWtraveler

Exposition Park (the food truck park) opened this morning at West Side. Photo update as of Tuesday, Nov 25.

There are four food trucks. The park includes some tables and chairs, as well as seating along the planter boxes. Under the high line are a few benches. These photos were taken EARLY in the morning as they were clearing off the pavement after removing the construction walls. It rained heavily, on and off all day.

IMG_4018.JPG

IMG_4019.JPG

IMG_4020.JPG

IMG_4021.JPG

IMG_4022.JPG

GoofGoof

Premium Member
One additional photo update from the West Side, as of Tuesday, Nov 25. The construction walls on one side of the Harley-Davidson store were removed this morning, revealing three low planter boxes. No seating.

View attachment 75065
Thanks for the update.

The area looks pretty nice. I especially like the shot of the seating with the lake and SSR in the background. Looks like a relaxing place to sit and have a snack.

mm121

Exposition Park (the food truck park) opened this morning at West Side. Photo update as of Tuesday, Nov 25.

There are four food trucks. The park includes some tables and chairs, as well as seating along the planter boxes. Under the high line are a few benches. These photos were taken EARLY in the morning as they were clearing off the pavement after removing the construction walls. It rained heavily, on and off all day.

View attachment 75060

View attachment 75061

View attachment 75062

View attachment 75063

View attachment 75064

The high line is so pointless and stupid now that they opted to not build access up to the top, and what the heck is up with those plain aluminum railings up there, they so need to just be removed since its closed to guests, as a rail road truss thats suppose to be abandoned isnt going to have bright and shiny aluminum railings.

in the second pic, the trucks look pretty crammed in there.

have the trucks been plugged in when theyve been scattered around previously? or were they on generators?

Bolt

The high line is so pointless and stupid now that they opted to not build access up to the top, and what the heck is up with those plain aluminum railings up there, they so need to just be removed since its closed to guests, as a rail road truss thats suppose to be abandoned isnt going to have bright and shiny aluminum railings.

have the trucks been plugged in when theyve been scattered around previously? or were they on generators?
Skyline = shade and rain protection, too. Trust me, I'd pay for that in the summer.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I'm disappointed with the lack of access up top too. I definitely agree with that.

Where my opinion differs is I do actually think the area looks pretty good overall. Once they added the landscaping the "look" of the high line is a lot better. The railings up top are a bit odd, but really don't stand out to me when looking at the whole area. I don't think the trucks look crammed in and there seems to be a nice big open "patio" space with tables and chairs, plus the benches underneath in the shade.

WDWtraveler

At the new Exposition Park, all the food trucks are operating on power receptacles built-in as part of the park infrastructure. When the food trucks were scattered around Downtown Disney at various places, they were also "plugged in" to the power infrastructure. I don't recall generators at the other locations.

Jon81uk

Looks a lot more concretey than I would have expected, particularly when so much of the Landing area is brick, the Westside just looks a bit concrety, but overall it's nice. More tables/benches under the highline near the planter would be nice. Also that planter in front of Harley Davidson looks a bit odd, should be higher to provide more seating really.

Bolt

Looks a lot more concretey than I would have expected, particularly when so much of the Landing area is brick, the Westside just looks a bit concrety, but overall it's nice. More tables/benches under the highline near the planter would be nice. Also that planter in front of Harley Davidson looks a bit odd, should be higher to provide more seating really.
My guess they will have more. Those photos looked like they were still opening (all the construction workers in the photos)

RayTheFirefly

True ... but then don't stick bright shiny metal rails up on top if you aren't giving people access.

Even if there is no access, the railings still make thematic sense. It is not supposed to be an abandoned rail road; it is supposed to be an elevated rail that was previously abandoned, and then converted into a park, just like the High Line in NYC (which is really really nice, if you haven't been there). So even if the railings don't have a practical use, they still have a thematic use.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

Even if there is no access, the railings still make thematic sense. It is not supposed to be an abandoned rail road; it is supposed to be an elevated rail that was previously abandoned, and then converted into a park, just like the High Line in NYC (which is really really nice, if you haven't seen been there). So even if the railings don't have a practical use, they still have a thematic use.

But if it is converted to a park/terrace then allow guests up there. Otherwise it is an abandoned rail track that is now an abandoned park. and that is just silly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom