The Boat House construction at Disney Springs The Landing

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I have a feeling this is probably what's going to happen. After the boathouse is open, Fulton's will be remodeled into a High end dinning Location with Prices to match. It will definitely be in the $40-$50 a plate range at minimum.
Is Fulton's run by Disney? Would they just close it and leave the boat sitting there empty? Maybe use it for special events and group dinners.

flyerjab

In one of the concept art pieces, wasn't there one picture that appeared to have the Fulton's boat actually out in the water as though it was moving around the waterway? I am assuming that it was just for effect in the art and not something that was actually going to happen, correct?

dstrawn9889

Empress-Lilly_Const-el-cross_(from_.jpg

Genie of the Lamp

Jon81uk

The Boathouse amd Morimoto Asia both now appear on the official Disney "park map" of Downtown Disney. Also all the Pleasure Island and Marketplace car parks are taken off the map.

Kman101

Sounds like they're trying to be both family friendly (during the day and early evening) & after-hours-adult. I appreciate they're going to try (and I imagine many others will as well?). I'm certainly very interested in checking out the Boathouse.

flyerjab

Sounds like they're trying to be both family friendly (during the day and early evening) & after-hours-adult. I appreciate they're going to try (and I imagine many others will as well?). I'm certainly very interested in checking out the Boathouse.

It seems to me that at least The Landing will be more geared towards adults. With the restaurants/lounges already being built, along with those rumored to be coming, I would bet that The Landing will be a great spot for the adult crowd after a certain time.

Mouse Detective

It seems to me that at least The Landing will be more geared towards adults. With the restaurants/lounges already being built, along with those rumored to be coming, I would bet that The Landing will be a great spot for the adult crowd after a certain time.
Keep in mind that the main pathway between Marketplace and West Side runs right down the middle of The Landing so I wouldn't count on it being geared towards adults like Pleasure Island was at one time.

flyerjab

Keep in mind that the main pathway between Marketplace and West Side runs right down the middle of The Landing so I wouldn't count on it being geared towards adults like Pleasure Island was at one time.

I was never there when it was Pleasure Island. Maybe a better way to state what I meant was that The Landing might skew more towards adults, especially when it gets late (after 11PM). But yeah, it is difficult to find a kid free zone. We have 3 kids though, so when we come down to WDW, I'm not necessarily searching for adult only locales.

Mouse Detective

I was never there when it was Pleasure Island. Maybe a better way to state what I meant was that The Landing might skew more towards adults, especially when it gets late (after 11PM). But yeah, it is difficult to find a kid free zone. We have 3 kids though, so when we come down to WDW, I'm not necessarily searching for adult only locales.
If it's true that every place in Disney Springs has to stay open until 2am, they're going to have to find things for people to do after 11pm or so. The only way that many restaurants will be able to stay in business is by offering late-night entertainment that draws locals as well as guests out of their hotel rooms.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If it's true that every place in Disney Springs has to stay open until 2am, they're going to have to find things for people to do after 11pm or so. The only way that many restaurants will be able to stay in business is by offering late-night entertainment that draws locals as well as guests out of their hotel rooms.
I think it's just the Landing section that has the 2am requirement. Seems like they want to concentrate the adult entertainment to the former PI area (plus Splitsville and HOB). The Boat House will have its own live entertainment plus there is a small stage/amphitheater between the Hanger and Boathouse that should have live entertainment. Raglan and HOB have some live entertainment too already. It won't be PI, but it has some promise. Now I just need someone to watch my kids for a night...any volunteers?

Pumbaa1222

That won't necessarily be true when it's all completed, the "Town Center" appears to be the widest and most direct path from the Marketplace. The Landing, while it will have more bridges than before, can still very easily be "removed" after hours. I'm not saying it will be closed off, but it won't have the same pass through issues as it does now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom