Roller Coaster Tycoon World

Macca250

Original Poster
rctw_logo_r.jpg

For any of you out there who were obsessed with recreating Disney parks/attractions with the now ancient Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, you might be interested (or even know more than me) about the next instalment scheduled to 'drop on PC in early 2015'.

From what I've heard from previews (and that delightfully reliable Wikipedia) is that the Roller Coaster Tycoon World base game will ship with four themes for users to build and play with; Americana, Wild West, Sci-Fi and Adventure. Now, forgive me for pointing out the obvious here - but that's essentially Main Street, Frontierland, Tomorrowland and Adventureland (just missing a Fantasyland alternative!).

The game also promises to make better use of dark rides and be a little easier gameplay wise when creating structures. This is in addition to far superior graphics, 64-bit gameplay and, dare I say it? - diagonal paths! There will also be optional online functionality - not like EA's disastrous SimCity launch, but a way for players to visit eachother's parks.

I'd love to keep a tab on the game's development and even more so on all the modders out there who will be having a field day recreating Disney come 2015. I'm very excited to see what happens - I figured this could be something fun to watch develop as the game is clearly taking inspiration from the Magic Kingdom style parks from the very beginning. Would love to know people's thoughts - anyone going to pick it up?

If you want to read more, check out - Official Website - Wikipedia Page - PCWorld Preview

StarWarsGirl

I'm SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS! I've had Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 since middle school, eventually I got 3, and now there's a new one coming out. And I just got RCT4 for my tablet. I'm now busy for the rest of the day.

Macca250

Original Poster
I still play RCT3 to this day!
I'm SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS! I've had Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 since middle school, eventually I got 3, and now there's a new one coming out. And I just got RCT4 for my tablet. I'm now busy for the rest of the day.
Yeah I'm still playing it! Some of the mods that were made for RCT3 were incredible;
Shot00571.jpg

9d63487c.jpg

Shot0381.jpg

Can't wait to see what people create for the new one!

ImagineerDude

Yeah I'm still playing it! Some of the mods that were made for RCT3 were incredible;
Shot00571.jpg

9d63487c.jpg

Shot0381.jpg

Can't wait to see what people create for the new one!
Sad thing is it will take a while for them to be made...so I'll still be playing RCT3 for a while because there's no way I can make those things!

rob0519

I had the original, but my interest dropped off at some point. Maybe the new release is just what I need to get interested again.

Vegas Disney Fan

I still love playing RCT3 but hate that it still runs slowly at times even though I'm playing it on a fairly high end newer laptop.

I'm also part of the Theme Park Studio early test group but I'm not a fan of the interface, it's getting better with each update and it's absolutely amazing what some people have come up with but so far I prefer the RCT user format.

Happy to here they are coming out with a new version, hopefully it's a little more computer friendly.

Voxel

President of Progress City
I still love playing RCT3 but hate that it still runs slowly at times even though I'm playing it on a fairly high end newer laptop.

I'm also part of the Theme Park Studio early test group but I'm not a fan of the interface, it's getting better with each update and it's absolutely amazing what some people have come up with but so far I prefer the RCT user format.

Happy to here they are coming out with a new version, hopefully it's a little more computer friendly.
I dislike the lack of Scenarios in Theme Park Studio. No on the other had parkitect looks great.

StageFrenzy

What I was working on was more of a mix between rct3 and theme park studio and sim city. I was also gonna put a difficulty levels that results to realism not goals. Like easy is rct3. Where as hard you have to worry about being sued for crashes, worry about grabage management, etc

Neat, I always wanted the ability to make hotels (Contemporary with Monorail) and thought it would be nice if they made a generic show building tool that just makes a giant box you could theme.

Macca250

Original Poster
Small update on the game's progress from the Atari website, here's the highlights -

"We are launching the official RollerCoaster Tycoon World website (www.RollerCoasterTycoon.com) with built-in forums for you – our dedicated fans – to talk with the Atari team and developers to help us shape the game. The new forums strengthen the Atari RCTW community so gamers can play an active role, hear updates, and have an open forum for engagement.

We are thrilled to announce we are partnering with Area 52 Games studio, a AAA production house on the next phase of development for RollerCoaster Tycoon World. Specializing in online PC gaming experiences, the Area 52 Games studio has brought together a team of veterans who have worked on major IPs across simulation and strategy genres, including Tropico, the Sims series, the Railroad Tycoon series, the original Pirates, Age of Empires, Forza and other well-known games. Many thanks to Pipeworks for all their efforts in getting us to this point in the development of the game."

Also their Facebook page updated its Cover Photo to 'Dropping in Early 2015' which is a relief because I took the lack of new info as a sure sign of the release being delayed. But everything's looking good - clearly from the above post they're putting a lot of effort into online functionality. Personally I just want an awesome sandbox mode!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom