Port Orleans French Quarter

Tuvalu

Premium Member
LOL Wouldn't that essentially make the river views the preferred rooms?
Yeah, but Disney uses "preferred" for values and moderates to mean close to the main building and bus stop. Most guests care more about the location of their room than the view from it. And Disney prices those rooms accordingly :rolleyes:

epcotisbest

Yeah, but Disney uses "preferred" for values and moderates to mean close to the main building and bus stop. Most guests care more about the location of their room than the view from it. And Disney prices those rooms accordingly :rolleyes:
Always found that interesting, as we "prefer" to be further away where it is quieter.

kasey1988

Hmm, I booked this resort for 11/2014 specifically because the cast member told me there are no shared buses. Hope that holds true. At least if they are shared we would get picked up first. We typically open and close the parks each day so since those times are busiest maybe there will be dedicated buses. Fingers crossed!
Defintly not true. Just returned about 2 weeks ago from 6 nights at pofq, this being our third time staying here. And while it didn't happen often, we did share busses on a few occasions! It's a long ride around riverside when your anxious to get back to your resort.
That being said , we love French quarter and will most likely continue to stay there!

kasey1988

We have stayed in building 5 and 7. Both were great. Building 5 facing the pool was our favourite, on the courtyard side was a bit noisy when the movies were on. Building 7 was quiet, but the farthest away. But it's a small resort so really nothing is that far from the main building and pool!

WoodyNBuzz

Building 7 is furthest away from the main building but as already mentioned, everything is in close proximity there which makes being furthest out there not bad at all.

LucyK

So with the buses, do they stop off at Riverside in the mornings? Because I definitely want to be at rope drop for my days at the parks
It really depends. MK buses never share, be it morning or afternoon. AK buses definitely share in the afternoons but in the morning we only went to POR one of the three times I went to AK. EPCOT and DHS buses do not share with POR in the mornings.

Nubs70

Best spot at WDW is the frog pond in front of building 6. At about 11pm, just sit back and listen to the critters and splashing fountain.

PolynesianPrincess

It really depends. MK buses never share, be it morning or afternoon. AK buses definitely share in the afternoons but in the morning we only went to POR one of the three times I went to AK. EPCOT and DHS buses do not share with POR in the mornings.

This is not always the case though. There are times, especially in the slow season where ALL parks will share buses between POFQ and POR. The busier times, you will see dedicated bus service to each resort. Same thing with the All Stars. Of the times we've stayed there, the busy times especially in the AM, the buses were not shared but in the afternoons, they would. In the slow season, there was always bus sharing. It's really dictated by the crowds.

PolynesianPrincess

The preferred rooms are definitely priced accordingly, as are the "view" rooms. Standard view being the cheapest, then garden, the pool, then river (at POR anyway) I don't believe POFQ has preferred rooms, but I could be wrong! So there's all kinda of prices ranges at POR. Value resorts only offer standard and preferred. No views.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
The preferred rooms are definitely priced accordingly, as are the "view" rooms. Standard view being the cheapest, then garden, the pool, then river (at POR anyway) I don't believe POFQ has preferred rooms, but I could be wrong! So there's all kinda of prices ranges at POR. Value resorts only offer standard and preferred. No views.

Yes they do.
Image2.jpg

dave&di

We stayed at POFQ last year, we have always stayed in Deluxe resorts so we were anxious to be staying at a Moderate BUT we loved it! The theming is excellent, the buses were more than adequate plus the dining room had loads of options and all were tasty.

We had a river view room and we loved that. Should we go Moderate again we won't look no further, we have found the one we love.

Saying that, roll on next Sept, WL here we come!!!!

FLFQTR

Just returned from a weekend at POFQ and just booked our next trip 3/22-3/28/15. We love the resort and out of the other resorts we have stayed at we love the location, the smaller size resort, easy trip up the river to Downtown, or down the river to Riverside, etc.… Looking forward to our 2015 trips to French Quarter.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom