Which building at Saratoga springs?

kasey1988

Original Poster
We are renting dvc points at Saratoga springs for the first weekend in January, it's the only resort left with standard dvc room for that weekend and we have never stayed there, but it's huge! Any suggestions for which building to request? We are only there for 2 nights before a cruise with no park tickets.

Rob562

My request for our upcoming trip in November is a room "in The Springs or one of the 8000-numbered buildings in Grandstand". That would put you near a pool and near either the first or last bus stop on the theme park routes.

We were in the 4500-numbered building of Paddock a couple years ago, and while it was *right* next to a bus stop (45 seconds from bus to our ground-floor room), it was a bit of a walk to the Carriage House.

-Rob

FrostyNaples

It is a huge complex - if you plan on wanting to be near the main building for breakfast and/or main pool "The Springs" is where its at (Location D)

We stayed in the Grandstand once, over in the 9100 section, it was a hike, to say the least to get to breakfast.

This time we are shooting for The Springs.

If you wanted to walk to DTD, section F "Congress Park" has a new causeway connecting directly to DTD.

Plenty of options.

SSR-08-2009.jpg

Last edited:

jakeman

It is a huge complex - if you plan on wanting to be near the main building for breakfast and/or main pool "The Springs" is where its at (Location D)

We stayed in the Grandstand once, over in the 9100 section, it was a hike, to say the least to get to breakfast.

This time we are shooting for The Springs.

If you wanted to walk to DTD, section F "The Carosel" has a new causeway connecting directly to DTD.

Plenty of options.

SSR-08-2009.jpg
Apologies for splitting hairs, but section F is Congress Park. I only interject because The Carousel is on the other end of the complex. :)

jakeman

Edited - i posted the map since its easier to visualize, and apparently even i cannot read a map...
The map is a little bit confusing as it is "upside down" from your orientation when entering the resort.

I had to look at it for a while when requesting a building a few months ago.

PhilharMagician

I like Congress Park. We tend to eat dinner at other resorts a few times during our trip and then we would take a bus back to DTD. We would do s little shopping and hang out in DTD and then walk back to our room. We just like the ability to walk to and from DTD so easily. Also the quiet pool is usually quiet which we like in the evenings. One of the biggest bonuses was laying in bed and watching the fireworks over PI every night. Unfortunately they have been gone for nearly 10 years now. SSR was great back then in 2004 when only Congress Park was open and it was like having the entire resort to yourself. Empty busses, Artist Palette was empty, main pool was empty. It was soooo quiet and relaxing. Now there is a lot more hustle and bustle around SSR.

The Springs is right next to the Carriage House (main bldg.) which makes it nice if you use the main pool a lot and wasn't easy access to the resort restaurants.

The Grandstand is also nice, but more of a walk for DTD. The building closest to the Carriage House is really a short walk and it is right next to the pool which does have a pool bar called the Backstretch Bar. Not sure the hours or if there are any light food offerings.

kasey1988

Original Poster
My request for our upcoming trip in November is a room "in The Springs or one of the 8000-numbered buildings in Grandstand". That would put you near a pool and near either the first or last bus stop on the theme park routes.

We were in the 4500-numbered building of Paddock a couple years ago, and while it was *right* next to a bus stop (45 seconds from bus to our ground-floor room), it was a bit of a walk to the Carriage House.

-Rob
Thanks! My travel agent also reccomended the 8000 sections, she said it has a nice pool with it's own bar in that area and still not to far, she advised that the springs is in high demand so that request likely wouldn't be filled!

mouse_luv

Congress Park. :) 1101 or 2501 building which will give you a decent view of DTD. :) We just did a split stay there last month. Stayed in 1101 building and had an awesome view of Fultons out our deck window, not to mention the new bridge to walk to the Marketplace at DTD was right outside our room!

MorganKelly

The Springs would be my choice if you don't have a car. It makes it much easier to access services and the main pool. We also like Congress Park for the DTD proximity and views. But the walk to the lobby is not as convenient.

kasey1988

Original Poster
we wont have a car, but also not doing the parks so busses are not really a concern to us. We just want to be close to the pool, close to food and drinks.. the only place we will be going is downtown Disney :)

mouse_luv

The Springs would be my choice if you don't have a car. It makes it much easier to access services and the main pool. We also like Congress Park for the DTD proximity and views. But the walk to the lobby is not as convenient.

we wont have a car, but also not doing the parks so busses are not really a concern to us. We just want to be close to the pool, close to food and drinks.. the only place we will be going is downtown Disney :)

We didn't have a car. We (as I've said before) stayed in Congress Park and had no problems. If you want to go to the front desk, etc, you just jump on the bus and it will take you there (and the bus stop isn't a far walk). Each section has it's own pool. Congress Park puts you closest to DTD.

janoimagine

The Paddock is also great, has a great pool and a nice bar at the pool.

EOD K9

SSR is my home resort. It is a great place to stay, especially pre-cruise. With one exception, I have always stayed in The Springs. I find them to be the most convenient for access to the pool, spa, and food. DTD is a small hike, but if you don't mind walking, it makes for a nice stroll. Hope that helps, and more importantly, enjoy your cruise!!

slappy magoo

I've always recommended Congress Park in the past - it's a very short walk to the main building, but you have a quiet pool right there. It's the closest section to Downtown Disney on the Marketplace side. The only caveat now (I think) is this - I always suggested Congress Park to people without cars because by being so close to the Marketplace, you're right at a "hub" that gives you access to buses to all the other Disney resorts, making it much easier to make reservations for meals at other hotels without needing 2 buses. But I think that bus stop is now closed due to construction and I'm not sure it's reopening. If I'm wrong, someone please set me straight, I'm not proud.

epcotisbest

I've always recommended Congress Park in the past - it's a very short walk to the main building, but you have a quiet pool right there. It's the closest section to Downtown Disney on the Marketplace side. The only caveat now (I think) is this - I always suggested Congress Park to people without cars because by being so close to the Marketplace, you're right at a "hub" that gives you access to buses to all the other Disney resorts, making it much easier to make reservations for meals at other hotels without needing 2 buses. But I think that bus stop is now closed due to construction and I'm not sure it's reopening. If I'm wrong, someone please set me straight, I'm not proud.
OK...you are wrong. The marketplace bus stop is going full blast. West Side is closed. It is an easy walk from Congress Park to the Disney busses at DTD Marketplace, and the new bridge/boat dock is nice too.

epcotisbest

Here is a photo I found online showing the new bridge/boat dock area at SSR. You can see Congress Park on the left and the bus stop at Marketplace on the right. You used to have to walk all the way out to the road and follow the sidewalk over to DTD from SSR.

image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom