Animal Kingdom Lodge

dreynolds1982

This is my favorite resort and it has our favorite restaurant as well (Jiko). Note, if you eat at Jiko, order the Filet and Mac N Cheese. The filet is still on the menu, but not with the Mac N Cheese. It is something from years ago. But they will still do it as a special order. And it is AMAZING.

Oh and venture up to the 5th floor and walk across the suspension bridge in the main lobby. Pretty cool view.

acrab3t

I wish we had planned a resort only day when we stayed there. There was always something to do. Story telling, crafts, drum circle, night vision. The pool was relaxing and the hot tubs are hidden and quiet. Nothing beats waking up in the morning and taking some time to sit on the balcony to just watch the animals. Walking through the lobby in the evening after a full day in the park, we would always smile when we smelt that smokey scent. We felt like we were home.

Sarbear1989

Hi

Staying with my family in October at AKL. We have a young daughter of 15months so was just wondering what the travel cots / cots are like for babies? Has anyone had any experience of using them here or is it best to take your own with you?

Also any pictures people have of them would be a massive help. We are coming from the uk so just want to make sure are bubba will be ok!

Thanks

Carl

CAPTAIN HOOK

so was just wondering what the travel cots / cots are like for babies? Has anyone had any experience of using them here or is it best to take your own with you?

We are coming from the uk so just want to make sure are bubba will be ok!
Coming from the UK with a 15mth baby I would suggest that you'd already have enough to carry without struggling with a cot as well !!!
Don't bother with your own, rely on Disney's - its one less thing to worry about

Much-Pixie-Dust

We will AKL so much! So much to see and do. It's vacation in and of itself without going to the parks. We booked YC for a new experience next time, and now I am regretting me choice.

cfry06

Thanks to everyone for the info on this post! We are headed to AKV-Kidani in 10 days and it is our first time staying there. Can't wait! The activities look wonderful. My husband and I are already registered for the wine tasting on 10/1, and we definitely want to check out as many other things as we can.

rt06

Hi

Staying with my family in October at AKL. We have a young daughter of 15months so was just wondering what the travel cots / cots are like for babies? Has anyone had any experience of using them here or is it best to take your own with you?

Also any pictures people have of them would be a massive help. We are coming from the uk so just want to make sure are bubba will be ok!

Thanks

Carl

Coming from the UK with a 15mth baby I would suggest that you'd already have enough to carry without struggling with a cot as well !!!
Don't bother with your own, rely on Disney's - its one less thing to worry about

Not that I had a need for it, but I did see one in the closet; it's just a standard Graco pack 'n play.

Tuvalu

Hi

Thanks

Carl
Not that I had a need for it, but I did see one in the closet; it's just a standard Graco pack 'n play.
This^^^. We are at WL now and saw one being delivered to a room down the hall.

aristo_cat

We are contemplating a stay at AKL in December. It has my favorite resort restaurant, Boma. It is phenomenal eating for the food adventurous!

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

A little question about this resort - how far is it from Magic Kingdom, and is there a shuttle from there to MK? We'd like to stay there for what it has to offer but our little one will probably enjoy MK more than any other park... Thanks.

samosaurus

A little question about this resort - how far is it from Magic Kingdom, and is there a shuttle from there to MK? We'd like to stay there for what it has to offer but our little one will probably enjoy MK more than any other park... Thanks.
I would say it's about a 15-20 minute bus ride to Magic Kingdom. Disney has complimentary buses to all of the parks, waterparks, and Downtown Disney throughout the day.

joethetugboater

Staying at AKL for our first time 10/9/14 to 10/13/14. We just went back in June & are main reason for returning in Oct is for the MNSSHP / F & W festival. It'll be me, wife, 7 yr old daughter. The MNSSHP is Thursday & Friday night, we're going to both. Then the MK stays open till 3am. So on such a short trip, and with so many things going on etc what is some must do's at AKL??

Glasgow

Two favorite restaurants on property! - Jiko and Boma. Also, night vision goggles (already mentioned) but also marshmallow roasting in the same place (both are behind the main pool on the side of the resort)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom