MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
The two sides of DLP, both current pictures of Frontierland:

IMG_9189.jpg~original

022-610x406.jpg

You could make a similar post with the east and west wings of Newport Bay Club, but we know that'll all be fixed by September of next year. Will Frontierland?

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
In better refurb news, Boardwalk Candy Palace is wraping up its exterior work and is looking much nicer:

BzBl8UCIgAEuvIC.jpg:large

Looking forward to when all of MS looks like this.

Bolna

Space Mountain is now confirmed to be closed for rehab starting January 12th. How long it will last is not known at this time, but it is expected to be the major refurbishment like Indiana Jones had this year.

Oh!!!! :eek: :jawdrop: :inlove:

Now I only need to hear that they will restore it to "De la Terre a la Lune" and I will be booking my next trip to Paris!!! But even just a normal major refurbishment would be the best news in a long time (yes, better than the Rat opening for me).

HolleBolleGijs

Now I only need to hear that they will restore it to "De la Terre a la Lune" and I will be booking my next trip to Paris!!! But even just a normal major refurbishment would be the best news in a long time (yes, better than the Rat opening for me).

What was the old version like? I've been on Mission 2 a few times, and it reminds me of RnRC but in Space. Was the old one more similar to WDW and DL?

Bolna

What was the old version like? I've been on Mission 2 a few times, and it reminds me of RnRC but in Space. Was the old one more similar to WDW and DL?

It was themed after the Jules Verne book De la Terre a la Lune (from the earth to the moon) and you were going to the ceremony at the Baltimore club that sends rockets with the Columbiad cannon to the moon. And that is what you got to experience. I think it is where the supernova is now that there was this huge smiling moon and you passed it by very slowly and returned to Earth. I think it is the best storytelling I have ever experienced in a roller coaster. The music was fantastic, too.

As always, @marni1971 has a great video:

croboy82

How long was Indiana Jones down? 4 months? I was planning on visiting DLP in Spring but I don't want to miss Space Mountain..

HolleBolleGijs

A few things from my trip yesterday.

I went on the Molly Brown, and it (she?) is in substantially better condition than the Mark Twain. That being said, there was something that truly appalled me during the ride: what I can only guess is an animatronic figure in a body bag. I have no idea what that used to be, but it actually made me really sad.
SFg2gJ9.jpg

Also, this maintenance area that is clearly visible:

V4SUNlR.jpg

Mr. Moose could use a good cleaning.

One thing that irked me was the English pronunciation of "Maleficent" when they announced the villains cavalcade. I could have sworn they said "Malefficient." Twice. But on the other hand, they do their villains well. Gaston is spectacular as usual, and I love the fact that they have Frollo.

(I was going to add a few more pictures, but my ethernet cord decided to conk out on me, and my neighbors' wifi networks aren't strong enough to upload photos :/ )

AsanaDisney

Relating to the talk of DLP refurbs and refreshes, was reading my local paper online today and they had an article about some of the ideas being thrown around to fix up the 2 parks. I haven't seen this anywhere else on the forums so I thought I would post. I was surprised to find the article quotes a petition about saving DLP, considering the real reason they are investing is likely just the financial bankruptcy angle. Here's the link: http://www.startribune.com/world/278904311.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom