The Park Formerly Known as Disney's Hollywood Studios? Yep ...

tirian

That renovation that was planned THREE years ago—remove the BAH, shut down AIE, reclaim the sound stages, and replace the Backlot Tour—has finally begun, except the only greenlighted plan at this moment is to have a Frozen singalong and lots of empty space.

Sorry, Backlot. I rode you twice in 2011 because you were scheduled to shut down in early 2012, and you were awful. You were one piece of 80s cheese that finally went bad.

tirian

Little Mermaid had Ink & Paint done in FL, Lion King had around 20 minutes of sequencing done in Florida.

The three that are considered top billed by Florida are Mulan, Lilo and Stitch, and Brother Bear.

However, many other films had work done on them in Florida.

Don't forget about all the Roger Rabbit animated shorts (not the movie) and most of the live-action Disney Channel shows from the early 90s.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Lilo and Stitch was a Florida animation production, I believe. Pretty sure Lion King was Burbank.

They did some in FL...

also remember this was a promotional thing.. so often they would put stuff up for marketing reasons even if not accurate. But feature films like Lion King, Stitch, and others did have elements done there.

Captain Neo

That renovation that was planned THREE years ago—remove the BAH, shut down AIE, reclaim the sound stages, and replace the Backlot Tour—has finally begun, except the only greenlighted plan at this moment is to have a Frozen singalong and lots of empty space.

Sorry, Backlot. I rode you twice in 2011 because you were scheduled to shut down in early 2012, and you were awful. You were one piece of 80s cheese that finally went bad.

Are they really going to remove the hat? I hope they do

Bairstow

I just hope the documentary tour narration segments by Cronkite and Williams are eventually released. Those were such an excellent introduction into the animation process, even if the actual techniques are now outdated.

Figaro928

The park could still easily be about The Golden Age Of Hollywood and Movies in general...they just have to remove the "Studios" bit and beef up the attraction roster... Make the park tell a more cohesive story... The layout of the park is ponderous...that could easily be fixed..Make the park "lands" or "neighborhoods" more easily identifiable, more thematic, more immersive... that worked for DCA beautifully...
I really love the idea of calling the sections "neighborhoods" ...except if they do a Star wars section. ... StarWars needs to be a land.. heck if not a kingdom...

doctornick

I really love the idea of calling the sections "neighborhoods" ...except if they do a Star wars section. ... StarWars needs to be a land.. heck if not a kingdom...

I generally heard it said that it would be "Star Wars Galaxy". Don't know if that is simply a internet rumor though

RayTheFirefly

This week.

And the stage??

4dzewjpg.gif

flyerjab

This week.

This agrees with that infamous J. Hill podcast. Aside from the Pixar Place changes he hinted at, he also stated that the hat was not going away, but rather that it would be relocated, along with the stage.

I know he seems to be frowned upon on this site but I might go back and revisit that podcast again...just out of curiosity mind you. I know that the truly dependable insiders dwell and do business on this site.

aladdin2007

This agrees with that infamous J. Hill podcast. Aside from the Pixar Place changes he hinted at, he also stated that the hat was not going away, but rather that it would be relocated, along with the stage.

I know he seems to be frowned upon on this site but I might go back and revisit that podcast again...just out of curiosity mind you. I know that the truly dependable insiders dwell and do business on this site.

I thought he had stated the hat was staying put and so is the stage because they want it there for all the horrible dj dance party junk. I do hope its the other way around too. There is a perfect circle out towards the promenade at the parks entrance/exit for that blasted hat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom