In MK right now

Dads 2 Boys

Original Poster
Would someone please explain to me why it's so crowded? Lol. I thought this was supposed to be "slower" around this time. It's jam packed today.

dreynolds1982

No particularly reason that I can think of, though crowd calendars are showing today as a 6 in MK, having been a 1 yesterday and a 1 tomorrow. Guess everyone just wanted to hit up MK today!

epcotisbest

Hahahahaha! A "slow" season at WDW! That's hilarious! :hilarious::joyfull::p;)
Not hilarious. We go in Sept. Just got back Sept. 19. Very slow, with very favorable crowd levels. Had OP waited until tomorrow, MK would be substantially quieter. Last Tuesday, before the party people started coming in, it was like you had the place to yourself. Get there early on a Tuesday in Sept. And see for yourself.

harveyt0206

We are here now too. I honestly think that any day without a party is busy because folks don't want to deal with having to leave the parks early on party day, especially if they don't have a park hopper. Since last night was a party and tomorrow is a party, everyone is there today. Looks like it might rain here in a bit...maybe that will clear some folks out.

JohnD

Just got back from 2 weeks at WDW and Magic Kingdom was a lot quieter on days where they closed at 7PM due to the NSSHP than on days they were open late and had EMH.

You know, that's true. There was a MNSSHP yesterday and one tomorrow. People get in their heads that longer hours means getting more done, except you end up in line longer and do less. Counterintuitvely, I have found the reverse is true. Shorter park hours means fewer people and getting more done because less waiting in line. That goes for party nights or just shorter hours in fall.

SagamoreBeach

There is the old idea that Sunday is a big change over day and many people got to the MK their first day - Monday. I'm not sure how true this is - but I usually avoid MK on Mondays.

I think how people plan and take their vacations are totally changing. At one time Cape Cod summer traffic on Friday evenings was horrendous with the influx of vacationers. Now, it seems that Thursday is the new Friday around here. Monday morning on the way to work is almost as bad Friday evenings going home. It's all different. LOL! Labor Day traditionally marked the end of vacation season....not it's Columbus Day. And QVC is all decked out for the Holidays! I don't know if I can go on......:confused:
-T

wogwog

You know, that's true. There was a MNSSHP yesterday and one tomorrow. People get in their heads that longer hours means getting more done, except you end up in line longer and do less. Counterintuitvely, I have found the reverse is true. Shorter park hours means fewer people and getting more done because less waiting in line. That goes for party nights or just shorter hours in fall.
This. If you want a "light" day at MK go on a Halloween or Christmas after hours extortion party day and leave by five-ish. Look at the park calendar and find any day from September through about mid December when the day guest is kicked out at 7 PM. Obviously avoiding the Thanksgiving week and Christmas week. Halloween Party yesterday, Tuesday and Friday this week as an example.

horizons82

I can totally agree with and verify much that has been said. We went to the MK on both the 8th and the 9th of this month (a Monday and a Tuesday), and on Tuesday they closed at 7pm for the MNSSHP.

The two days were like night and day...Monday felt pretty packed with long wait times, but Tuesday felt CONSIDERABLY less busy and the wait times at most of the attractions were cut in half. The one exception was Hanuted Mansion, which actually had longer waits on Tuesday, possibly because of the Halloween guests who were in the park early and were attending the attraction as part of the special MNSSHP night.

FrostyNaples

I think how people plan and take their vacations are totally changing. At one time Cape Cod summer traffic on Friday evenings was horrendous with the influx of vacationers. Now, it seems that Thursday is the new Friday around here. Monday morning on the way to work is almost as bad Friday evenings going home. It's all different. LOL! Labor Day traditionally marked the end of vacation season....not it's Columbus Day. And QVC is all decked out for the Holidays! I don't know if I can go on......:confused:
-T

Also WDW is a Global destination. A lot of people forget the US and their holidays/schedules are not in line with the rest of the world.

@SagamoreBeach, lived in Sandwich from '06-'09 right on 6A, what a battle!!!!

SagamoreBeach

Also WDW is a Global destination. A lot of people forget the US and their holidays/schedules are not in line with the rest of the world.

@SagamoreBeach, lived in Sandwich from '06-'09 right on 6A, what a battle!!!!

I've spent a lot of time in Naples. Love Naples. We were there after our trip to Disney this past March. The weather was absolutely wonderful....while New England was getting blasted with snowstorms.
-T

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom