The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition

Voxel

President of Progress City
Given as though Jdm is unavailable I feel as though it is my job to provide you with an answer, this by no means is final, but it is the most definite answer I can give you until Jdm returns. my first inclination would be say yes, but split it in half so an extra 12 hours are added on to the contest. This would make it due Thursday at 9AM EST. Given the strict schedule this would be the furthest I could see us stretch the contest. Hopefully that would give you all sometime to finish the project this week. Once jdm is back I'm sure he can provide you all with a much more definite answer.

Good luck!
^What he said^ :D 12 hours would be best.
Not to be rude or arguementatic but that will just unfairly lead forcing teams to us 2 days instead of 1 day. 9am is not a feasible time for any team. Almost everyone in both teams attends school and work, obligations that can not be broken for a competition and to be frankly honest are much more important then this competition. Asking a team to submit a project at 9am is asking for grumbling and angry members

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Not to be rude or arguementatic but that will just unfairly lead forcing teams to us 2 days instead of 1 day. 9am is not a feasible time for any team. Almost everyone in both teams attends school and work, obligations that can not be broken for a competition and to be frankly honest are much more important then this competition. Asking a team to submit a project at 9am is asking for grumbling and angry members
Due by 9 AM doesn't mean to post exactly at 9 AM. But I understand the struggle. Full Vacation Days are permitted for use.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Due by 9 AM doesn't mean to post exactly at 9 AM. But I understand the struggle. Full Vacation Days are permitted for use.
If I may suggest, if we have a scheduling issue with the length of the comp, why not take some time out of the judging / boardroom process?

For example, it took 4 days last week.

Easy to shave a few days off it there...

Plus, all the remaining members are at least once a day posters, so the 24 hour boardroom rule probably doesn't need to be so forgiving for a response post.

Just a thought.

Sam Magic

If I may suggest, if we have a scheduling issue with the length of the comp, why not take some time out of the judging / boardroom process?

For example, it took 4 days last week.

Easy to shave a few days off it there...

Plus, all the remaining members are at least once a day posters, so the 24 hour boardroom rule probably doesn't need to be so forgiving for a response post.

Just a thought.
I actually agree with this, the whole critique, boardroom, and then elimination process must be much more efficient. I understand that @jdmdisney99 has a lot of conflicts, but I am almost always here. I try to post my critiques that night, because I personally hated to wait as well.

I also think that the boardroom process should not be as intricate as it is right now. At this point the teams have gotten to a size where we judges can obviously see who the main competitors are and who are not. I think that when Jdm decides who won, he should also decided who is eliminated.

Zweiland

I actually agree with this, the whole critique, boardroom, and then elimination process must be much more efficient. I understand that @jdmdisney99 has a lot of conflicts, but I am almost always here. I try to post my critiques that night, because I personally hated to wait as well.

I also think that the boardroom process should not be as intricate as it is right now. At this point the teams have gotten to a size where we judges can obviously see who the main competitors are and who are not. I think that when Jdm decides who won, he should also decided who is eliminated.
I agree with the first part, but not the second.

The boardroom is an essential part of The Apprentice. I actually think it should be more interactive than it currently is, like in the TV show.

Sam Magic

I agree with the first part, but not the second.

The boardroom is an essential part of The Apprentice. I actually think it should be more interactive than it currently is, like in the TV show.
I can see that, the key though is making sure everyone is on at the same time to make these decisions happen faster for it to be interactive.

Firstly, we judges need to have a responsibility to post the critiques and results at a specific time. The contestants have to have the responsibility to be on the board at that time, in the case they are sent into the boardroom they will be on the board ready to go and interact with the judges.

It will require commitment from both sides of the aisle.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I can see that, the key though is making sure everyone is on at the same time to make these decisions happen faster for it to be interactive.

Firstly, we judges need to have a responsibility to post the critiques and results at a specific time. The contestants have to have the responsibility to be on the board at that time, in the case they are sent into the boardroom they will be on the board ready to go and interact with the judges.

It will require commitment from both sides of the aisle.
I 100% agree with this. Well said Sam!

Sam Magic

So @jdmdisney99 what would be a workable time for you? I'm good with a 10:00 or 11:00 PM EST, but that is only because I have regular old high school and finish my homework rather quickly. However I'm not sure if your conflicts could work with that time or not.

I know that most people here stay up till at most 11:00 PM on due dates so maybe that could be a workable time somehow?

Another thing to discuss and more a question for you guys is what changes would you all make to create a more interactive boardroom? Going further (not even sure if this is my place, but it is always good to have feedback and working dialogue with people) what are some changes you all would like to see to make these challenges easier to participate and more interactive?

I would say that having projects be due on a Friday, knowing who won and who is gone by Saturday with the next challenge starting that day as well could be a start. Then again that would take a day away from you guys to work on the projects...hmm...thoughts?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Sam, I appreciate what you are trying to say.

11p could work as well (as it's nice for Pacific time). I do agree a "universal time" would be a nice touch (9p Eastern seems to work)

But, honestly, this is JDM's comp. Let him run it as he sees fit. We all like and trust him and his judgement enough to participate. Is it perfect? No. But it is his Comp, and you need to respect that. We (the contestants) do.

If you have ideas, they belong in the ICS thread, or, you can run your own comp.

This comp, you participated in, and while I appreciate that you are trying to make it a "better" experience, you have no place in discussing or defining the rules for the comp as stands.

But, you also participated in it. You had a chance at the "gold", and this is the "gold standard" of the forum...we all try for this.

So, I really don't appreciate (and this is a personal comment) your new role. You have biases and investment in the current contest, and while you have been very good (take that as a compliment) about keeping it out of your decisions, you are NOT an impartial observer, and shouldn't be a primary judge / authority for THIS comp.

This is JDMs comp. And if you don't understand his draw, I came back just to participate. Why?

Cause I think JDM is fair.

Future comps, sure. Including what you proposed. Don't get me wrong. But, please, I know you are happy with your judge title and all, but this is getting old.

So, please...stop. You are an adviser, that's all. This is NOT your comp.

If you want a comp, there's ample time to make one of your own.

And, I may join. You have a great knowledge of Disney, and fantastic ideas. That IS NOT the point.

The point is respecting the rules of the game, and not changing them on a whim. This is a GAME. We play it to have FUN. Not for individual justification, or for other means.

I suspect I'm not alone, the stuff I create for this doesn't interest my co-workers, my family or my life.

I am here for one reason. To have FUN. (ok, for one week it was to destroy team Sea...but that semi-mental breakdown aside)

Sam Magic

Sam, I appreciate what you are trying to say.

11p could work as well (as it's nice for Pacific time). I do agree a "universal time" would be a nice touch (9p Eastern seems to work)

But, honestly, this is JDM's comp. Let him run it as he sees fit. We all like and trust him and his judgement enough to participate. Is it perfect? No. But it is his Comp, and you need to respect that. We (the contestants) do.

If you have ideas, they belong in the ICS thread, or, you can run your own comp.

This comp, you participated in, and while I appreciate that you are trying to make it a "better" experience, you have no place in discussing or defining the rules for the comp as stands.

But, you also participated in it. You had a chance at the "gold", and this is the "gold standard" of the forum...we all try for this.

So, I really don't appreciate (and this is a personal comment) your new role. You have biases and investment in the current contest, and while you have been very good (take that as a compliment) about keeping it out of your decisions, you are NOT an impartial observer, and shouldn't be a primary judge / authority for THIS comp.

This is JDMs comp. And if you don't understand his draw, I came back just to participate. Why?

Cause I think JDM is fair.

Future comps, sure. Including what you proposed. Don't get me wrong. But, please, I know you are happy with your judge title and all, but this is getting old.

So, please...stop. You are an adviser, that's all. This is NOT your comp.

If you want a comp, there's ample time to make one of your own.

And, I may join. You have a great knowledge of Disney, and fantastic ideas. That IS NOT the point.

The point is respecting the rules of the game, and not changing them on a whim. This is a GAME. We play it to have FUN. Not for individual justification, or for other means.

I suspect I'm not alone, the stuff I create for this doesn't interest my co-workers, my family or my life.

I am here for one reason. To have FUN. (ok, for one week it was to destroy team Sea...but that semi-mental breakdown aside)
I completely understand what you are saying and when doing these things I always try to keep biases out. People should only be judged based on the quality of their proposals not any personal opinions or feelings towards members.

However I understand what you are saying about me taking this a bit too far. I simply just wanted to try and start some type of dialogue, but you are right in that it was very much so out of place.

I apologize to Jdm for over stepping my boundaries in this case and promise that this will not happen again.

I would also like to note that even though I did participate in this contest, had I won I would not have gotten any points. I specifically asked Jdm to split my points among all of my original team mates. I only joined in this for the fun of it, but it was never to get points.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Criticism is great, as I said earlier. Season 3 takes everything into account. I will be trying to get critiques in earlier. This week is good because it is followed by a holiday, allowing me to stay up as long as it takes. Weekends are better as well. Everything will hopefully go swimmingly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom