WDW Permits 2014

NeXuS1000

I'm talking about smart phone apps.

As mentioned by others, DGPS will not work with most smartphones and it would be unnecessary as MagicBands already provide a decent ability to track location.

Besides, it wouldn't be a reliable method; while eventually all guests have MagicBands, constantly transmitting location, only a fraction of the guests will at any one time have the app running and transmitting location.

boufa

As mentioned by others, DGPS will not work with most smartphones and it would be unnecessary as MagicBands already provide a decent ability to track location.

Besides, it wouldn't be a reliable method; while eventually all guests have MagicBands, constantly transmitting location, only a fraction of the guests will at any one time have the app running and transmitting location.

Phones use aGPS (assisted GPS) gathering more detailed satellite info from internet accessed data (when available). aGPS and most commercially available GPS is only accurate to approx 9m (12-13 feet). Imagine a parade float being 12-13 feet away from where it is supposed to be!

dGPS is very likely and would be able to track to inches, or less. Imagine if they could track the parade floats to the inch, and then using readers on the buildings, track the magicbands... they could sync the 2 data points and Mickey would know who was where on the parade route... wave to and call out people by name. Since the parade is moving, it would be important to provide the right information to the right character at the right time. Just dreaming...

RSoxNo1

roj2323

Two permits filed for work on the Enchanted Tales with Belle queue. One of these permits doesn't expire until 3/27/2014. Wonder what this is going to be for?

Belle M&G Queue - Concrete
Belle Queue Line - Construction
Perhaps they are doing something to make the entrance more easily noticeable. I have found myself walking into the stroller parking plenty of times thinking it was a walkway instead of an attraction entrance.

CaptainShortty

As you said in another thread, we can connect the dots here... If Wandering Oaken's Trading Post is moving to the AFI Showcase, then something (Toy Story Mania 3rd Track) is likely moving into Stage One.

Worst case scenario, they're just clearing it out so it remains an option for Darth Mall.

I don't know what it's becoming but I do know it's not Darths Maul for SWW 2015.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom