Not to miss on Castaway Cay

kasey1988

Original Poster
We are considering renting snorkiling gear, but is there anything else we should make sure we check out??

28 days away! so excited!!

jme

It probably goes without saying but make sure you visit the adults only beach, Serenity Bay.
If you are travelling with children, you can check them into the kids club on the island while you visit.
Snorkeling in their cove is great, be sure to swim toward the white buoys that indicate where sunken sights (mickey statue, etc.) are located

Also, typically only served on the island (although you can request it on board as an off-menu item), the Conch Cooler is great if you like frozen cocktails.
Enjoy your trip!

Last edited:

belledream

I found the stingray adventure more interesting than just snorkeling. And I LOVED the bike rental. Maybe buy the package that includes all 3 plus the float rental?

We also rented a watertrike and it was very enjoyable!

Bolna

Serenity Bay...that is all. :inlove:

And don't forget to re-apply your sunscreen...o_O

Yes to both!!

I would suggest to park yourself under an umbrella!! A whole day outside in the sun might be too much for some and there is nothing more unpleasant than spending your last few hours on the ship suffering from a heat stroke...

belledream

Do you think a 5 year old would like the stingray adventure?
It depends on the child for sure. If he/she is very receptive to animals and the like, I think it would be very fun. It is definitely safe and not too exerting, if that's what you're wondering. The instructor gives everyone a piece of food to feed the stingrays and they just glide over your hand and suck it out. Then you can freely snorkel above them in an enclosed area of the water.

It depends on the interests and personality of the child I would say.

fltink

On the walk out to the Heads Up bar, there are some hammocks with fantastic views of the ship. Grab a drink, lay back and take it all in!

Also, if you have kids with you, the character meet and greets are fun. Cute costumes and you can't beat the background!

Oh, and when you're back onboard, make sure you are looking at the pier side of Castaway Cay as you sail away.... You'll get a bittersweet, Mickey-gloved send off!

ChuckElias

It probably goes without saying but make sure you visit the adults only beach, Serenity Bay.
If you are travelling with children, you can check them into the kids club on the island while you visit.
Snorkeling in their cove is great, be sure to swim toward the white buoys that indicate where sunken sights (mickey statue, etc.) are located
I'm sure jme knows this, but I just want to clarify for people who haven't visited Castaway Cay yet. JME's comments about Serenity Bay and snorkeling to the sunken sites are two SEPARATE comments. The Mickey statue and the submarine from 20,000 Leagues under the Sea are NOT at Serenity Bay; they're located in the snorkeling area that is found by the family beach.

ChuckElias

I also recommend the bike rental. It's very relaxing because the paths are all very flat. I do this on almost every visit.

Serenity Bay is definitely worth visiting. It's quiet, the water's beautiful, and you can walk about a quarter mile out to sea and still only be up to your chest in water. But if you're not convinced, you should know that if you got to Serenity Bay BBQ, you can get a steak (which you cannot get at Cookie's or Cookie's Too). Yum!

jme

I'm sure jme knows this, but I just want to clarify for people who haven't visited Castaway Cay yet. JME's comments about Serenity Bay and snorkeling to the sunken sites are two SEPARATE comments. The Mickey statue and the submarine from 20,000 Leagues under the Sea are NOT at Serenity Bay; they're located in the snorkeling area that is found by the family beach.
I do know that :) but thanks for clarifying in case it was misinterpreted by anyone!

sweetpee_1993

But if you're not convinced, you should know that if you got to Serenity Bay BBQ, you can get a steak (which you cannot get at Cookie's or Cookie's Too). Yum!

Chandler is so excited about eating his CC lunch at Serenity Bay. Tracey told him the steak was on the thin side so he shouldn't get too excited. Didn't quel his furvor at all. "So?! I get to eat lunch at Serenity Bay! I'll eat 3 steaks stacked up!" That's my boy! :cool:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Serenity bay is a must. Someone else mentioned a conch cooler, and I whole heartedly agree with it! Love that drink! Lucky me when the bartender made mine he accidentally made too much and gave me two for the price of one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom