will i ever get to ride the mine train?

PigletIsMyCat

Original Poster
fp+ are gone for every day i'm going to be there. is there still standby, and how crazy is it? i'm going 10/4-10 and just got my tickets last night and am trying to figure out what i'm doing. is standby still an option at some of these rides, or is it just a nightmare?

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I would try to ride either during the parade or late at night. Seems like the people rush right to the big rides in the morning but crowds thin out in the evenings. (especially true of pirates, jungle cruise and haunted mansion)

Foltzy

I hit it right after it opened due to hour delay after park opening. I had a 30-45 min wait mostly due to the amount of fast pass + coming in

erasure fan1

If you get to the park about an hour before the park opens so you are one of the first to get in, you will get on in the first 15min easy. Thats how we did it and had no problems. We waited right at the entrance going under the tracks and when the park opened they walked everyone to the mine train entrance and the frozen meet and greet. I wouldn't worry about not getting on, you should be fine.

DisneyDaver

fp+ are gone for every day i'm going to be there. is there still standby, and how crazy is it? i'm going 10/4-10 and just got my tickets last night and am trying to figure out what i'm doing. is standby still an option at some of these rides, or is it just a nightmare?

Also, I suspect the stand-by lines will be noticeably shorter in October than they have been over the summer. If it were me, I wouldn't worry about it.

RonAnnArbor

I was lucky to ride it several times with fastpass plus a few months ago -- but for my August trip and October trip there isn't a single day where it has been available for reservation on FP+...and that's with planning many months out for the trip. That being said, the first thing in the morning or the last thing in the evening lines are manageable -- do NOT expect to ride it during the afternoon without a 70 minute wait.

wdwstateofmind

I'm a season pass holder so we go a lot. While on standby previous days, we've actually gotten FPs for Mine Train the day of. You just have to constantly check and start checking early. Once we got them day of for 10:25 PM but we able to move them earlier as the day progressed and because I kept checking to see if any other times freed up. It's worked so many time I'm actually convinced they save a bunch to release the day of, but that's just my opinion.

RonAnnArbor

They absolutely reserve some for day-of release for day visitors, though I imagine most are gone really quickly in the morning....

mergatroid

Trying to get FP+ for this is crazy. We've got AP's so can book FP+ 30 days in advance. The first few days of our trip are 30 days away. I've been getting up at 5am UK time to book FP+'s (midnight in USA when the day changes) and even then all passes for SDMT have gone!!!!!!

jaklgreen

My FP+ opened up on the 19th but I was out of the country so I could not book it then. I looked on Sat 23rd and was able to get SDMT for every day that I planned Mk. I am going the last 2 weeks in Oct.

hsisthebest

How many are in your group? http://kennythepirate.com/ Has some good suggestions for getting trickier fastpasses. One way is to pick them for 1 person at a time, with a return window of 2-3. Next person picks 2:15-3:15, and next gets 2:30-3:30 - everyone's fastpasses will then overlap from 2:30-3:00 giving you 1/2 hour to all go together.

PigletIsMyCat

Original Poster
ugh what am i missing? lol you all must be hitting it at perfect times because i can *never* get them. i think we're just going to have to do standby.

muteki

Just had my first FP+ reservation experience and was able to get Mine Train, but times to choose from were slim. 60 days out. A bit peeved because I was able to start making reservations a few hours earlier than midnight of the day I could start. Who knows what availability would have been like had I known the correct time I could have started making reservations. Luckily for the later days in the week there were more times to choose from. Still I'm a bit disappointed in the availability ~60 days out.

Edit: so I see now I got an email notification around 1:30pm yesterday that landed in my spam box. Weird.

Last edited:

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I am going down in October for just two days and was able to book a group of 7 with no problem other than want morning and got afternoon passes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom