American Idol Experience To Close

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I've only been to this attraction once. But it is simply chock full of "ringers". Both the "music business" hosts with the false back-story, and even some of the "guests" when they can't find 5 people (most days, I'm guessing) are simply performers. No sadness here if it retires.

The performers are good but they've been given a bad part in this show. The college bro from no college anyone ever heard of who can sing a 3 year old pop song a little too well. The pretty-in-her-own-way shy 20-something office worker who sings Colors of the Wind well but needs more practice.

When he says "performers" I believe he is referring to the host and the judges.

Now, having been one of the singers and talking with the cast members, many DO have other responsibilities around the parks.
If you reread the quoted section, you'll see that Crazy Omurice (is that name supposed to sound like "Old Maurice"? Because it's apt.) is specifically mentioning the contestants.

Further, I think it's inane to expect the judges and host to actually be who they're portraying. No, chances are the Simon-esque host is not actually from London, much the same way that Christian Bale isn't actually an orphaned billionaire playboy with a leather fetish.

Matt_Black

If you reread the quoted section, you'll see that Crazy Omurice (is that name supposed to sound like "Old Maurice"? Because it's apt.) is specifically mentioning the contestants.

Further, I think it's inane to expect the judges and host to actually be who they're portraying. No, chances are the Simon-esque host is not actually from London, much the same way that Christian Bale isn't actually an orphaned billionaire playboy with a leather fetish.

Fun fact- the Simon judge commented that I look like Dr. Thaddeus "Rusty" Venture, and after the show I mentioned I'd heard that before and consider it a compliment, and he mentioned that for Halloween, he dressed up as Brock Samson (he was a large fellow, and could easily pull it off, I'm guessing).

NeonNinja

We regularly evaluate our entertainment and made the decision that the last show of The American Idol Experience will take place August 30, 2014. We're excited about the breadth and quality of our entertainment and attractions, from Toy Story Midway Mania! to Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage to the recently announced extension of the Frozen Summer Fun experiences.

Frequently Asked Questions

I've heard The American Idol Experience is closing, why?We regularly evaluate our entertainment and made the decision that the last show of The American Idol Experience will take place August 30, 2014. We're excited about the breadth and quality of our entertainment and attractions, from Toy Story Midway Mania! to Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage to the recently announced extension of the Frozen Summer Fun experiences.

What will replace The American Idol Experience?At this time, we are reviewing concepts for the next entertainment experience at that venue and look forward to sharing more later.

I heard The American Idol Experience is closing; will you still be awarding Dream Tickets?Yes. Through the close of the attraction on August 30, we will continue to issue Dream Tickets in accordance with the terms set forth by FremantleMedia, 19 Entertainment and the Walt Disney World Resort.

I heard The American Idol Experience is closing. I have a Dream Ticket. Is it still valid?Yes. The Dream Ticket will not have a fixed expiration date and will be valid as long as the American Idol television series is being produced and auditions are being conducted.

FerretAfros

2 questions:

1. If the show is closing, what will be the process to get a Dream Ticket? How much longer are they required to distribute them?

2. Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage is considered quality entertainment? :eek:

NeonNinja

2 questions:

1. If the show is closing, what will be the process to get a Dream Ticket? How much longer are they required to distribute them?

2. Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage is considered quality entertainment? :eek:

1. Till it closes for good on August 31st After August 31st No More dream tickets will ever be seen
2. Thats just pure hollywood

CDavid

August 30th? Not the end of September as discussed in the other thread?

That's interesting, because a poster there did make reference to a 2-week notice of the attraction's closure.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
So, to keep up, I started doing a crappy MS Paint drawing on a park map for the things confirmed closed (red) and the things that have had rumors of closing (yellow). I may have missed something of course, and in the rumors, some have more potential to come to be than others, but anyway, here is what I have so far
Edit -- Again, this includes everything I've heard as a rumor, not what it's current believed likelihood of being true:
Maps_edit_20426.jpg

Last edited:

Crazydisneyfanluke

So, to keep up, I started doing a crappy MS Paint drawing on a park map for the things confirmed closed (red) and the things that have had rumors of closing (yellow). I may have missed something of course, and in the rumors, some have more potential to come to be than others, but anyway, here is what I have so far:
View attachment 62029
Thought i read that Indiana is to stay along with Muppets. (In another thread)
Edit: Its in the DHS Redo thread. Someone stated that Indiana and Restaurants will be staying on echo lake.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Thought i read that Indiana is to stay along with Muppets. (In another thread)
Like I said, it's not adjusted to the likelihood of the rumor actually happening. Just what has had rumors. I've heard the same about both of those as well as GMR. But that seems to have changed back and forth so many times I decided to include them anyway. I considered trying to change the color of the highlighted area depending on the currently confidence in the rumor actually coming true, but then got lazy and made it all one color.

CDavid

Like I said, it's not adjusted to the likelihood of the rumor actually happening. Just what has had rumors. I've heard the same about both of those as well as GMR. But that seems to have changed back and forth so many times I decided to include them anyway. I considered trying to change the color of the highlighted area depending on the currently confidence in the rumor actually coming true, but then got lazy and made it all one color.

I like what you're trying to illustrate on this map, but the problem is if you included everything which has a had a rumor concerning its removal, you would also have to include Beauty & the Beast, Little Mermaid, the Hat, Backlot Express, HISTK, New York Street, and pretty much everything around and including Echo Lake. In other words, most of the park. We can rest assured its not all happening or even an accurate rumor to begin with.

Obviously plans have already changed for much of this (and indications both Indy and the Great Movie Ride are safe for several years at least). By the time Disney finally gets around to doing anything, plans will have changed yet again.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I like what you're trying to illustrate on this map, but the problem is if you included everything which has a had a rumor concerning its removal, you would also have to include Beauty & the Beast, Little Mermaid, the Hat, Backlot Express, HISTK, New York Street, and pretty much everything around and including Echo Lake. In other words, most of the park. We can rest assured its not all happening or even an accurate rumor to begin with.

Obviously plans have already changed for much of this (and indications both Indy and the Great Movie Ride are safe for several years at least). By the time Disney finally gets around to doing anything, plans will have changed yet again.
I agree with all of this, but just have to laugh at one part.

The Hat.

We're never getting rid of that sucker are we?!?

Just this morning I was thinking about making a T-Shirt for my next trip that basically just had this on it.

Never Forget.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom