Kilimanjaro Safaris After Dark - night safari

flyerjab

Aside from Pandora, the Tree of Life and the Nighttime show, are the night safaris the only other nighttime attraction being offered? Or will other areas remain open? Also, does this park have lights throughout the entire park currently? Or is that a part of the overall electrical upgrades package?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Aside from Pandora, the Tree of Life and the Nighttime show, are the night safaris the only other nighttime attraction being offered? Or will other areas remain open? Also, does this park have lights throughout the entire park currently? Or is that a part of the overall electrical upgrades package?

I assume most if not all other things will stay open later. My understanding from what other people have said is that AK actually looks very nice at night.

jt04

Pretty sure the entire park will have extended hours. In other words, a full day park soon.

flyerjab

I assume most if not all other things will stay open later. My understanding from what other people have said is that AK actually looks very nice at night.

I remember when Avatar was announced and @Tim_4 used to post stuff on this site about the project, he used to report that this upgrade to the park was simply not just an Avatar expansion. He used to hint at other things of a smaller scale occurring throughout the entire park. I remember him mentioning lighting upgrades and other 'soft' additions that were going to really round out this park.

I haven't noticed that he posts anymore so I didn't know if he was banned or was summarily brow beat into submission.

Tom

Beta Return

Everest will remain open as long as the park is open, and I'm sure they'll continue to play Tough to be a Bug, but likely not too many of the live shows (due to labor costs). Dinosarland can open at night as well.

A few years ago, my wife and I were able to visit DAK during one of the last EMH's. It was incredible. I have no desire to visit the park during the day, which is one of the reasons we haven't been to DAK during our past several trips. But once it begins opening at night, it will absolutely be in our plans again.

Much like the other 3 parks, it's a completely different place at night. The lighting is low, which creates an awesome atmosphere. During that EMH, we walked around the entire park. Most of the park was empty, especially around Africa, and it was quite peaceful.

I'm looking forward to the opening of Pandora and the rest of the nighttime offerings.

twebber55

Everest will remain open as long as the park is open, and I'm sure they'll continue to play Tough to be a Bug, but likely not too many of the live shows (due to labor costs). Dinosarland can open at night as well.

A few years ago, my wife and I were able to visit DAK during one of the last EMH's. It was incredible. I have no desire to visit the park during the day, which is one of the reasons we haven't been to DAK during our past several trips. But once it begins opening at night, it will absolutely be in our plans again.

Much like the other 3 parks, it's a completely different place at night. The lighting is low, which creates an awesome atmosphere. During that EMH, we walked around the entire park. Most of the park was empty, especially around Africa, and it was quite peaceful.

I'm looking forward to the opening of Pandora and the rest of the nighttime offerings.
well said Tom

Mike S

The one and only ride I had on Everest with the Yeti working was during EMH at night. I don't really remember perfectly but I'm sure the park looked great. Hopefully Avatar will be amazing. Would like to see how the night safaris are different from the normal day one.

Last edited:

flyerjab

The attached video of DAK at night supplied by @danlb_2000 just shows the potential of how incredible that park will be at night. With everything you see in that video, coupled with Avatar - which, by the way, should be spectacular at night - the Kilamanjari Night Safari, and the Rivers of Light show really proves to me that 2017 will finally allow DAK to be an incredible, all day experience. I can only imagine that the attendance numbers will really jump after Avatar opens.

It is also worthy to note all of the smaller additions/changes being made - Macaw experience, expanded outfitters store, additional marketplace QS area, added tamarind exhibit, new FotLK theater area. I believe that they are also adding an additional walkway connecting Africa to Asia as well as a new show at Rafiki's Planet Watch? It makes me wonder if other smaller changes that we currently don't know about will happen to DAK between now and 2017.

Was really happy to see @danlb_2000 start this thread concerning the safaris. I thought that someone (in another thread) stated that they saw work already starting when they rode the safari on a very recent trip. Has anyone else heard of or noticed anything when on the ride?

Last edited:

YodaMan

Was really happy to see @danlb_2000 start this thread concerning the safaris. I thought that someone (in another thread) stated that they saw work already starting when the rode the safari on a very recent trip. Has anyone else heard of or noticed anything when on the ride?

Every day or two there is something new. Lots of work happening, just small things every day. Walls/concrete keep going up then coming back down.

toolsnspools

Good to see that AK is next in line to get some of the love that MK has seen in the last few years. Hopefully they'll give everything a nice refurb in the next couple of years.

I've been there for evening EMH in December and for a private event at night last summer. It's definitely awesome at night. EE at night is very cool. Just strolling the walkways at night is nice too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom