Toy Story and Soarin Rumors

RSoxNo1

Just throwing this out there: If an additional track and an additional theater (or two of each) are added to Toy Story and Soarin' that would likely eliminate the tiers for Fatspass+. As such, I suspect that this can be rolled into the Next Gen budget and not any new attraction budget.

mahnamahna101

Epcot needs a lot of things. As does DHS.
AK too (not including Pandora)

MK could use 2-3 more E tickets to ease the tension on the current Mountains (something for Adventureland, something for Frontierland, and a Frozen trackless dark ride) and probably some sort of family dark ride in Frontierland. And the speedway should just be demolished to allow a relatively sizable expansion of Tomorrowland (including some space behind Speedway)

Really all four parks could use some help (DHS the most, Epcot 2nd, AK 3rd but Pandora makes it a lesser priority for expansion/additions, MK last but still could use more)

PhotoDave219

AK too (not including Pandora)

MK could use 2-3 more E tickets to ease the tension on the current Mountains (something for Adventureland, something for Frontierland, and a Frozen trackless dark ride) and probably some sort of family dark ride in Frontierland. And the speedway should just be demolished to allow a relatively sizable expansion of Tomorrowland (including some space behind Speedway)

Really all four parks could use some help (DHS the most, Epcot 2nd, AK 3rd but Pandora makes it a lesser priority for expansion/additions, MK last but still could use more)

Epcot does not need the triage type help that MGM or DAK does.

No matter what metric you use - attendance, revenue, popcorn per guest, whatever - Epcot is far ahead of those parks.

MGM & DAK urgently need serious help.

mahnamahna101

No matter what metric you use - attendance, revenue, popcorn per guest, whatever - Epcot is far ahead of those parks.

True... it's still in pretty bad shape, though.

In terms of need for help/TLC

MGM - 11/10

AK (Pandora, RoL and nighttime safari eases the need a little) - 8/10

Epcot - 7/10

MK - 5/10

PhotoDave219

True... it's still in pretty bad shape, though.

In terms of need for help/TLC

MGM - 11/10

AK (Pandora, RoL and nighttime safari eases the need a little) - 8/10

Epcot - 7/10

MK - 5/10

No one is suggesting that Epcot doesnt need some help. It totally does. However it is not the absolute crapfest that is MGM & DAK. DAK has plans but we shall see. MGM.... well if it werent for the IceTwins, they'd be in serious trouble.

evnted

No one is suggesting that Epcot doesnt need some help. It totally does. However it is not the absolute crapfest that is MGM & DAK. DAK has plans but we shall see. MGM.... well if it werent for the IceTwins, they'd be in serious trouble.
i genuinely think Avatarland will really bolster AK, as long as they dont backpedal on any ideas that have been leaked. the simulator being a more advanced soarin (in a sense), a boat ride with a potentially new track system and maybe underwater AA, tons of AA's all over the land that light up beautifully in the night, all of this can really combine into something special. MGM, though, I do agree. Frozen Summer Fun will definitely draw well but its a temporary thing. RNR/TOT/TSMM all 3 of them are great attractions but if you're not that into shows, theres minimal left. obviously we dont know what truly goes on, but seems like a lot of people are in agreement that a Star Wars Land would be great, i do wonder what might be going on with that. still brainstorming ideas? did they scrap it? who knows. but i kinda mapped it out and it seems as though the land would be fairly self-contained yet sizable and, considering the attractions that would have to be taken out, it doesnt seem like too much is lost (Indy, American Idol)
[key blue=remove, green=retheme, red=minimal/no change]
dhsmapSW.jpg

we'll see though. clock is definitely ticking though, they need something in MGM to spice it up a bit

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
If it does add over a million guests, I'm saddened that people are legitimately that desperate for something new at WDW.

I don't think it is that simple, Frozen has that much draw. There are families waiting a long time for the short processional, Oakens is packed with people paying for ice skating, the sing alone lines are long and the park as a whole is busier.

mahnamahna101

I don't think it is that simple, Frozen has that much draw. There are families waiting a long time for the short processional, Oakens is packed with people paying for ice skating, the sing alone lines are long and the park as a whole is busier.
Again, that doesn't make it right that Disney spent what has to be less than $50 million (from the looks of it, less than $25 million might be likely) on this and did an extreme rush job for what's a skating rink and sing-a-long. They could have been expanding Pixar Place for the last 6 years, prepping Star Wars Land last fall, removing the BAH, etc. And they'd rather put in a chintzy Frozen Summer of Fun than put some long term investment into the park.

Just because it's bringing people in doesn't make it right that TDO won't bother to fast track a Frozen land/E ticket anywhere in the resort. They've done it on the cheap. Toy Story Midway Mania gets 3 hour waits - doesn't excuse the cheapness of the ride experience. DHS is a park in desperate need of something new and obviously TDO took advantage of their guests by putting in a bunch of value engineered mini-additions rather than put up the cash for an actual Frozen ride (one that doesn't replace Maelstrom)

I doubt Frozen will bring a 1 million+ guest increase to DHS considering it's temporary. Potter increased guests by 1-1.5 million with half a year. NFL increased guests by 1 million in a whole year (with SDMT still on the horizon).

Just don't see Frozen bringing in more guests than Diagon, Springfield and Transformers down the road when those are all long-term while Frozen ends in September, I believe.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Again, that doesn't make it right that Disney spent what has to be less than $50 million (from the looks of it, less than $25 million might be likely) on this and did an extreme rush job for what's a skating rink and sing-a-long. They could have been expanding Pixar Place for the last 6 years, prepping Star Wars Land last fall, removing the BAH, etc. And they'd rather put in a chintzy Frozen Summer of Fun than put some long term investment into the park.

Just because it's bringing people in doesn't make it right that TDO won't bother to fast track a Frozen land/E ticket anywhere in the resort. They've done it on the cheap. Toy Story Midway Mania gets 3 hour waits - doesn't excuse the cheapness of the ride experience. DHS is a park in desperate need of something new and obviously TDO took advantage of their guests by putting in a bunch of value engineered mini-additions rather than put up the cash for an actual Frozen ride (one that doesn't replace Maelstrom)

I doubt Frozen will bring a 1 million+ guest increase to DHS considering it's temporary. Potter increased guests by 1-1.5 million with half a year. NFL increased guests by 1 million in a whole year (with SDMT still on the horizon).

Just don't see Frozen bringing in more guests than Diagon, Springfield and Transformers down the road when those are all long-term while Frozen ends in September, I believe.

I don't disagree that DHS needs more, a lot more than is there today and I would really love a SW land. My point was that what they did do was more than enough to plug a hole for the short term as merchandise is flying off the shelves and lines for anything Frozen are long even for add-on attractions.

The guests that Frozen are bringing in are dropping a lot of money on dresses, shirts, plush, phone covers and more. Lots and lots of lines even for the kiosks each of the three days I have spent at DHS over the past eight days.

I would personally spend a lot more on SW, no doubt but I don't have a six year old daughter anymore.

RSoxNo1

Epcot doesn't need help if it wants to exist solely on Food and Wine related events. In my opinion, Future World needs to see at minimum 2 upgraded pavilions, and World Showcase needs a new country.

ABQ

The TSM expansion for the 3rd track is officially happening, been on the books for some time now. Expect prep work for Sound Stage 1 to take place in the next few months based on the current schedule
:cautious: Call me skeptical. If such a 3rd track were installed, would that actually double its capacity?

AndyMagic

What a foolish waste of resources. The lines are out of control at both Soarin and Toy Story Mania for two reasons. One is Fastpass+ and the other is the fact that neither park has added a major ride in years. Both attractions have identical capacity at DCA and neither suffer long waits. It really makes me wonder if there is anyone left within the company that understands how theme parks work. IF this really ends up happening, they will have spent untold millions on an increase in capacity that they can't even market to the public. "Come experience our decade-old rides, now with added capacity!" You know what increases capacity, has marketability, and enhances the guest experience all at the same time? New rides. What exactly do they think will happen when guests get to ride TSM in less time than before? Are they working under the same erroneous assumption as fastpass+ and they believe guests will use all that extra time to buy crappy merchandise? All that's going to happen now is people will leave the park earlier because they will have experienced what little the park has to offer in less time than before.

Last edited:

MarkTwain

What a foolish waste of resources. The lines are out of control at both Soarin and Toy Story Mania for two reasons. One is Fastpass+ and the other is the fact that neither park has added a major ride in years. Both attractions have identical capacity at DCA and neither suffer long waits. It really makes me wonder if there is anyone left within the company that understands how theme parks work. IF this really ends up happening, they will have spent untold millions on an increase in capacity that they can't even market to the public. "Come experience our decade-old rides, now with added capacity!" You know what increases capacity, has marketability, and enhances the guest experience all at the same time? New rides. What exactly do they think will happen when guests get to ride TSM in less time than before? Are they working under the same erroneous assumption as fastpass+ and they believe guests will use all that extra time to buy crappy merchandise? All that's going to happen now is people will leave the park earlier because they have experienced what little the park has to offer in less time than before.

Soarin' I would still like to see, since at least its expansion space is in a generally hard-to-reach area unlikely to be used for other attractions, and Epcot isn't really hurting for family-friendly rides (as much as guests may ignore them).

A TSMM expansion would be ridiculous, in that it'll be eating up one of the park's main expansion pads, and what the park really needs are NEW family-friendly attractions.

AndyMagic

Soarin' I would still like to see, since at least its expansion space is in a generally hard-to-reach area unlikely to be used for other attractions, and Epcot isn't really hurting for family-friendly rides (as much as guests may ignore them).

A TSMM expansion would be ridiculous, in that it'll be eating up one of the park's main expansion pads, and what the park really needs are NEW family-friendly attractions.

I'd agree with you IF this was being done as a general "plussing" of the attraction and in conjunction with the opening of new attractions. From a cost-benefit analysis I'd have to assume an update to Universe of Energy or a new Imagination ride would be better than adding capacity to a ride that has been operating since 2005.

Rob562

:cautious: Call me skeptical. If such a 3rd track were installed, would that actually double its capacity?

Also skeptical. As discussed earlier in the thread, adding additional track in Soundstage 1 would mean either a major reworking of the entire attraction to load from a single place (because the queue is between the loading dock and Soundstage 1), or an entirely separate loading area for this new track (which means double the Cast required).

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom