little mermaids wait times now like dca's.

TP2000

Just back from DLR. The new and improved lighting on LM makes all the difference. The last time I was there it was the same "showroom" lighting as in Florida. The new lighting is more atmospheric and uses more blacklight and I imagine the figures were repainted as well. You barely notice the mobiles and the ceiling as your attention is drawn more to the characters. Vast, vast improvement. Hopefully this one will get the same treatment soon.

Agreed. The extra fish and props added throughout the ride also help greatly. The DCA version is a much improved ride now, and they need to fast-track this six week refurb into Magic Kingdom's version ASAP.

As for wait times, I have a very reliable and accurate wait time app on my iphone I use in the parks, on both coasts. Pulling up the app right now at around 1:00PM Pacific Time and 4:00PM Eastern Time, I have the following wait times for Mermaid (with a few others in the same park as a point of reference for crowd levels)

Disney California Adventure
Little Mermaid - 5 Minutes (and that means 2 minutes or less)
Radiator Springs Racers - 120 Minutes
Tower of Terror - 25 Minutes

Magic Kingdom Park
Little Mermaid - 35 Minutes
Princess Meet n' Greet Hall, Frozen Side - 120 Minutes
Pirates of the Caribbean - 30 Minutes

wdwgreek

Just an update, the line is for LM is about 45 today, I agree its in an awkward back corner, but people seem to be finding it fine, and lets not forget it has a pretty large hourly capacity.

Californian Elitist

Isn't it a little unfair to compare wait times between the two when MK has 10 million more guests annually than DCA?

Nope. From the beginning, Mermaid wasn't bringing in long wait times at DCA. Despite many, many complaints of the ride being lackluster, it was still bringing in, what? Two hour waits at MK?

Popular rides at DCA bring in long line and wait times. The number of guests per year has nothing to do with it.

JediMasterMatt

Nope. From the beginning, Mermaid wasn't bringing in long wait times at DCA. Despite many, many complaints of the ride being lackluster, it was still bringing in, what? Two hour waits at MK?

Popular rides at DCA bring in long line and wait times. The number of guests per year has nothing to do with it.

The excessive wait times in MK are a combination of several things:

- A park with the highest annual attendance in the world
- A park that is vastly underserviced in the form of hourly capacity from rides and attractions
- A park that was starving for new attractions, so anything would attract a huge line
oh, and lets not forget...
- the wonderful joy of FastPass on an Omnimover

If you come back to Mermaid after the majority of the FP returns have hit the attraction late in the day, the wait time reduces considerably and is more in line of the 15 minutes or so I would expect out of an attraction with higher capacity than even the Haunted Mansion. Mermaid will hardly have any empty cars where the stretching room will cause some on Mansion.

It's a fine attraction and what both parks needed - a high capacity sponge to pull people away from the streets and other attractions.

It's scary to think that DCA can even compete with the hourly capacity as the MK. What a sad truth that is and a another reflection on the differnces between the coasts.

wdwgreek

Can someone give me an accurate before expansion, circa 2008 and post expansion circa 2014 of MK's hourly ride capacity?

StarWarsGirl

Agreed. The extra fish and props added throughout the ride also help greatly. The DCA version is a much improved ride now, and they need to fast-track this six week refurb into Magic Kingdom's version ASAP.

As for wait times, I have a very reliable and accurate wait time app on my iphone I use in the parks, on both coasts. Pulling up the app right now at around 1:00PM Pacific Time and 4:00PM Eastern Time, I have the following wait times for Mermaid (with a few others in the same park as a point of reference for crowd levels)

Disney California Adventure
Little Mermaid - 5 Minutes (and that means 2 minutes or less)
Radiator Springs Racers - 120 Minutes
Tower of Terror - 25 Minutes

Magic Kingdom Park
Little Mermaid - 35 Minutes
Princess Meet n' Greet Hall, Frozen Side - 120 Minutes
Pirates of the Caribbean - 30 Minutes
Is it ever NOT 120 minutes? :rolleyes:

StarWarsGirl

I think with this ride there was a wasted opportunity to do a really cool scene with Ursula when she becomes large. Instead they condensed this part to a scene that doesn't even happen in the movie. That was rather disappointing

Jose

I think with this ride there was a wasted opportunity to do a really cool scene with Ursula when she becomes large. Instead they condensed this part to a scene that doesn't even happen in the movie. That was rather disappointing
They're working on that scene. Changes are coming to DL's (probably this fall) and MK's (sometime in the next 2 years).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom