Toy Story and Soarin Rumors

kap91

I've heard another confirmation about both these things today AND one more ride that's not Star Wars, as well as something else people have been talking a lot about for another park. Honestly sounds like a lot more is planning to be built over the next few years at the world than anyone has been talking about.

tare

I don't know who did the rating, but TSMM generally has huge lines. Adding capacity would reduce wait times.
I know there are long lines I am there quite often but like I said I feel the ride is overrated. I don't understand the mania. Haha.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I know there are long lines I am there quite often but like I said I feel the ride is overrated. I don't understand the mania. Haha.

I have to agree with this I didn't find the ride very compelling, I was glad I had a Fastpass for it and didn't have to wait in a lot line. I much prefer Space Ranger Spin to this. As has been said numerous times, Toy Story likely wouldn't have as long a line if there were a few more family friendly rides in the park.

SpaceMountain77

Yes, let's expand the footprint of wildly popular attractions, like Soarin' and Toy Story Mania, instead of developing new, innovative E-ticket attractions that would further disperse crowds and reduce wait times.

Clearly a third Soarin' hanger is needed more than the reimagining of the former Wonders of Life pavilion.

Magenta Panther

Indeed. Epcot is for real places. Arendelle seems like not a real place but a place, or land, of fantasy (does WDW have a place for fantasy lands...seems like maybe), where people control weather, snowmen talk and sing, and rock trolls do whatever rock trolls do.

Frozen could fit in Norway only as an example, if it is a good one (and I think it's not), of Norwegian literature, myth, etc. Heck, Thor would fit better in that regard!

However, I am sadly resigned to it happening, and just hoping that it comes out as a good attraction, even if it doesn't belong.

But nobody has absolutely said it's going to happen. It's just a rumor. THANK GOD, JUST A RUMOR. :in pain:

bsflag.gif

By the way, I'm stealing this. :D

SpaceMountain77

Honestly, I have a really hard time believing that a worldwide box office success, holding the record of being the highest-grossing animated film, will simply receive an overlay. Moreover, look how quickly the Frozen Fun Summer premium packages sold out for all available dates.

New Fantasyland clearly needs an Arendelle expansion. Aside from a sleigh ride attraction and shopping, I would welcome a permanent ice skating rink. :D

BrianLo

The problem is threefold.

1) Total park ride capacity is too low.
2) Novelty/interest of the ride is too high.
3) Total park attendance is too high.

While adding rides fixes one and two (and is a solution), there comes a point when no matter what you do, low capacity just can't keep up with 10's of millions of visitors. As TSMM in Tokyo or Peter Pan in Disneyland can attest, with a litany of other great rides, the capacity at those attractions just can't keep up with how many guests those parks bring in. As the novelty of RSR fades and attendance swells at DCA, I expect they too will begin to see those numbers creep up.

Bad capacity is bad capacity, additional rides redirect guests, but it still doesn't address the core issue that TSMM and Soarin' were built with terrible capacities for the types of attractions they are.

In a perfect world we'd be getting all those new rides and quietly a third theatre just because...

SOarin just needs the new movie having CA in FL makes no sense. Move it to being about the EARTH series that Disney produced right? that already has filming done just editing to redo with I am sure lots of extra film that could make a conservation film or just a world showcase;) in EPCOT WOW what a concept!

And Toy story is mainly crazy cause there is nothing else to do in DHS so put new MOnsters in Stage 1 and something else or add FRozen on other side or in Mermaid ride there and add some life to DHS then move forward with STar wars or Cars or whatever but DHS would benefit from really becoming a Heroes park (Marvel, Incredibles, Star wars, Cars/Planes etc..)

Macca250

Honestly, I have a really hard time believing that a worldwide box office success, holding the record of being the highest-grossing animated film, will simply receive an overlay. Moreover, look how quickly the Frozen Fun Summer premium packages sold out for all available dates.

New Fantasyland clearly needs an Arendelle expansion. Aside from a sleigh ride attraction and shopping, I would welcome a permanent ice skating rink. :D
Apologies is this has already been discussed -I know it's a better fit for fantasyland but I think adding Frozen to an already overcrowded park that offers the most attractions on property isn't the best solution. An Arendelle expansion built into an expansion of animation courtyard in DHS could seriously boost the parks capacity and popularity amongst families. I totally agree with you (and everyone else!) that Frozen is an IP just waiting to be exploited, so why not put it in the most under-performing park where the theming would make far more sense than overlaying Norway in WS? Then with the park's added capacity, maybe TSMM can have bearable wait times without TDO wasting money on another track. I know it'll never happen though.... It almost makes a bit of sense ;)

SpaceMountain77

Apologies is this has already been discussed -I know it's a better fit for fantasyland but I think adding Frozen to an already overcrowded park that offers the most attractions on property isn't the best solution. An Arendelle expansion built into an expansion of animation courtyard in DHS could seriously boost the parks capacity and popularity amongst families. I totally agree with you (and everyone else!) that Frozen is an IP just waiting to be exploited, so why not put it in the most under-performing park where the theming would make far more sense than overlaying Norway in WS? Then with the park's added capacity, maybe TSMM can have bearable wait times without TDO wasting money on another track. I know it'll never happen though.... It almost makes a bit of sense ;)

Honestly, I would not mind a Frozen footprint in either Fantasyland or Animation Courtyard. I just do not want it anywhere in Norway or Epcot.

NewfieFan

I know DHS needs help bad, it's pretty much critical at this point, but I wouldn't want to see Arendelle go there. (Yes, I realize this is all hypothetical and arm chair imagineering, and wishing on stars, yada, yada.) Arendelle belongs in the MK. It would complement FL so well. However, a Frozen stage show... now that could work in DHS.
DHS just needs a little Pixar and Star Wars treatment and the folks will be lined up at the gate.

ToTBellHop

DHS just needs a little Pixar and Star Wars treatment and the folks will be lined up at the gate.
I understand your point but find it amusing that you say that the park "just" needs those things. Just those things would cost about a billion dollars. You are talking at least two E-tickets and some fillers.

djkidkaz

Yes, let's expand the footprint of wildly popular attractions, like Soarin' and Toy Story Mania, instead of developing new, innovative E-ticket attractions that would further disperse crowds and reduce wait times.

Clearly a third Soarin' hanger is needed more than the reimagining of the former Wonders of Life pavilion.

Adding a new attraction doesn't disperse crowds and reduce waits. It just brings more guests. If they add Star Wars Land to DHS I guarantee you won't see a reduced wait at Toy Story or or Tower or Aerosmith. All those guests who used to skip that park will now show up increasing times across the board.

I think even increasing capacity at a ride like Soarin probably wouldn't adjust the time as much as people think. A lot of people, myself included skip it due to a 60 min wait, but now if it's 30 min, myself and many others would actually get in line, thus increasing the wait again.

It's kind of a catch 22.

NewfieFan

I understand your point but find it amusing that you say that the park "just" needs those things. Just those things would cost about a billion dollars. You are talking at least two E-tickets and some fillers.

I know that... it's called being facetious! :rolleyes:

*Edit to add - a billion dollars is about what it would take to fix DHS at this point.

Last edited:

doctornick

I don't think they really need two E-tickets. One E-ticket and a couple of C-tickets would do wonders for DHS. The park already has solid headlining attractions, but needs a lot more filler rides (which should be cheaper).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom