Guillermo del Toro's Haunted Mansion

NiarrNDisney

He co-directed, and I'm betting that credit comes from the fact that he came up with the stories. If you want stop motion, then you want Henry Selick, who deserves the credit for the stop motion looking so good in Nightmare, James & the Giant Peach, and Coraline.

Agreed! However what I was talking about was the writing which at this point is what is needed to make a better movie. A story better than what (as we all know) was lack luster in the terrible Eddie Murphy HM film and has been all over the place with the attraction itself!

Last edited:

champdisney

You know, it would never EVER happen, but I'd love to see a Hellboy/ Haunted Mansion crossover.
I actually thought of a Marvel crossover, where Dr. Doom purchases The Gracey Manor estates to use it as a new secret base for Intelligencia as a way to rejoin the group. The whole comic series would be about Dr. Doom experiencing strange ghostly activities occurring around the mansion, it would then lead to Doom fighting off the 999 unhappy haunts who want to be at peace in "their" mansion. Just like in the 2003 film, Madame Leota comes in handy for help but Mr. Gracey especially wants him out. Who would win? The mansion. ... It always wins!

Matt_Black

I actually thought of a Marvel crossover, where Dr. Doom purchases The Gracey Manor estates to use it as a new secret base for Intelligencia as a way to rejoin the group. The whole comic series would be about Dr. Doom experiencing strange ghostly activities occurring around the mansion, it would then lead to Doom fighting off the 999 unhappy haunts who want to be at peace in "their" mansion. Just like in the 2003 film, Madame Leota comes in handy for help but Mr. Gracey especially wants him out. Who would win? The mansion. ... It always wins!

Good, except that when Reed Richards isn't involved (RICHAAAAARDS!), the outcome heavily favors Doom. He's a top scientist and the equivalent of Sorcerer Supreme.

seahawk7

"The Haunted Mansion with Eddie Murphy was interesting. Totally do not like him as an actor though, probably the reason why the movie wasn't very good
I also liked or thought it was interesting. But I'm curious, how many of Eddie Murphy's movies have you seen that cause you to not like him as an actor?

Matt_Black

I also liked or thought it was interesting. But I'm curious, how many of Eddie Murphy's movies have you seen that cause you to not like him as an actor?

I'm guessing it was anything from the 90s onward. Now, Beverly Hills Cop, Trading Places, The Golden Child? Those films are CLASSIC.

seahawk7

I'm guessing it was anything from the 90s onward. Now, Beverly Hills Cop, Trading Places, The Golden Child? Those films are CLASSIC.
YES! That's what I wanted to hear! No matter your age, see those movies if you want to have an informed opinion on Eddie Murphy. No insult meant. But Eddie Murphy is a great comedian and did make some classic movies.

champdisney

Also, not movie related, but seems Disney is working on an animated Haunted Mansion special for Disney XD.
Wow! I'm super pumped for this! And it's kind of interesting considering the fact that Guillermo del Toro is or was co-directing the stop-motion animation version of Gris Grimly's version of Pinocchio.

Here's my guess. Grimly was working with Del Toro on the Mansion film as a story artist and/or character designer. The art pieces that Del Toro was talking about? Was made by Grimly. And since fans including myself are clamoring for a Haunted Mansion film, Disney hired him for the television special while Del Toro comes up with a script worthy of Disney's approval. Just my educational guess seeing that Del Toro and Grimly are linked to other works.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
This thread was bumped back in 2015 to find out what the latest was on the movie. That bump and subsequent replies have since been removed it seems. Now that this thread "appears" dead and buried I thought it time to resurrect it to once again to find out if this movie is ever going to get made. Surely someone at D23 2017 can find out!? I want to see this movie dang it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom