Crystal Palace
Beaches and Cream
O'Hana
Raglan Road

belledream

Tusker House - unique character experience in park
Biergarten - such a fun show and atmosphere
Akershus - perfect for a little princess
Liberty Tree Tavern - lunch or dinner? just be aware the menus are different. always enjoyable though.
O'Hana - going for the first time this year, but so hyped for the food and fun and games.

Toss up between Crystal Palace and Beaches and Cream - depends what you're looking for. Too many character meals? Opt for the charm of B&C.

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
Thinking we will wind up doing 2 character breakfasts. Tuskerhouse and Akershus for sure. Biergarten will be hubby's one choice. My choice is Ohana dinner. So we have two left. Imagine one will be breakfast and one will be dinner.

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
See Via Napoli is one I really want to try because we LOVE pizza and there is no good pizza in WDW that we have tried. But we will have to be in Epcot for Akershus and Biergarten already.
I am kind of planning to do those two on an Epcot day and will have to see how the planning goes on whether we get two Epcot days. It will be during Food and Wine too.

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
I want to try LTT at lunch but we are so not lunch people at WDW. We eat big first thing in order to last us until dinner. If we don't eat enough it's usually a snack that holds us over (because snacks at WDW are like meals). :)

belledream

I want to try LTT at lunch but we are so not lunch people at WDW. We eat big first thing in order to last us until dinner. If we don't eat enough it's usually a snack that holds us over (because snacks at WDW are like meals). :)
LTT lunch menu is better IMO. I don't love Thanksgiving food enough that I'd want to eat it at Disney. Also, you can get that delicious ooey gooey dessert!

We usually do QS for lunch because we're still in our 'let's do everything mode', but sitting down for lunch once the crowds start growing and the sun starts getting hotter is a nice change once in a while.

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
Yeah...I always say we are gonna take a break but usually we only do lunch at pizzafari in AK on our AK day. We tend to get an extra early start that day and finish early so the nice air conditioning break does us good.

seahawk7

I would pick Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner and Via Napoli for either lunch or dinner (same price) for your final two.

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
It's so hard when you only get to go every couple of years to because they don't always keep things around that long. You can dream about something for two years and get tree and find out they no longer carry it or changed the menu.

NiarrNDisney

Easy!

Biergarten (Epcot)
Liberty Tree Tavern (MK)
Mama Melrose's (DHS)
O'Hana (Poly)
Raglan Road (DTD)
Tusker House (DAK)

There now you have a TS meal in each park and two other sit down dinners during your trip!

B
OOYOW! :D

seahawk7

Any particular reasons @seahawk7 ?
Yes, Liberty Tree Tavern was a favorite for my kids at dinner because they felt the Thanksgiving food tasted homemade. Those were their words exactly. I'm vegetarian so I was able to get the vegetarian option at dinner and the sorbet. Those two things weren't on the menu for dinner but when we asked for them they happily obliged. We have eaten at LTT for lunch and weren't too impressed for two reasons: we are not lunch people, and the food was too substantial for us at lunchtime.

Via Napoli is one of my favorite Disney restaurants. I LOVE their pizza. The crust is not a traditional crust you get in the US but I love it. The service at Via Napoli is touch and go but I love their pizza enough to not care.

Raglan Road was too noisy and crowded for my taste so I prefer Rose and Crown (another of my favorites.)
Tusker House is a character restaurant I will never go back to since they rush the character interaction and I found a hair in the yogurt bowl. I also received written notification two years ago that the food at Wild Africa Trek gave some of the people on our excursion food poisoning and that food comes directly from the Tusker House restaurant.
Akershus was okay. We ate there for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Its Expensive. But the princesses are lovely with the children and I would take young ones there definitely.
So those are my opinions and experiences. I hope you decide based on what sounds good to your family because restaurants change and you might have a great experience where I didn't. I hope I gave a little help and I hope you have a great time.

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
We really enjoyed the food at Akershus for breakfast. I am still thinking about the potato casserole....mmmmmm.

I am nervous about Tuskerhouse House because I have heard so many good and bad reviews. We have never eaten at a sit down though in AK.

CheshireCat12

'Ohana
Raglan Road- music, dancing, great food, but LOUD
Biergarten- fun entertainment, buffet
Akershus- Princesses!
Crystal Palace- Pooh!
Liberty Tree Tavern- lunch- that Ooey Gooey toffee cake is something I'd like to try!

coltow

Tusker House - trying breakfast for first time next month, my brother and cousin RAVE about it

Mama Melrose - ONLY if for Fantasmic

Biergarten - just not my personal cup of tea

Via Napoli - great pizza

Akershus - trying dinner for 1st time next month

Liberty Tree Tavern - dinner is a must do each trip for my family

Crystal Palace - we had a bad expierence here in 2008 but are giving it another try next month

Beaches and Cream - never been

O'Hana - we love the dinner, but hear great thing about the breakfast too

Raglan Road - my parents all time favorite place. They have a house 45 mms from WDW and make the trip to RR every time they are in Florida, sometimes even more then once…that being said we are trying it for 1st time next month

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom